+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 6/25 SYTYCD 11: Call Backs

Re: 6/25 SYTYCD 11: Call Backs

The last two years...I thought that had become a set piece now - a male and female winner.

I was happy for the Miami boys. I liked them from the first. I like Ricky clean shaven...I hope he doesn't listen to Nigel. My early favorite Emily made it, but compared to the later auditions, I don't know if she is as sharp as the rest.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I was kind of disappointed to see Brittney get through. She was the one with the sad story about a father who died, but was "watching over her". She's good, but her dancing didn't stand out to me. I ended up feeling like she got through on her story.!
    I think she did because they made her dance for her life. I believe she received 3 nos but she got thru for receiving 3 yeses. From that vote alone, that means the jury was split on her. Why put her thru the top 20 when there are others who easily made it thru without having to dance for their life and who the jury were not split on?

On another note, Poreotics lost in the voting over Syncopated Ladies?!! YUCK! I think that twitter voting is rigged. How could an ABDC champion lose to some unheard of group that is not even a hip hop crew. And that indian crew was really bad yet i think they still made it. No accounting for taste....really.

To the Point

Did anyone take note of how many styles are represented and by what dancers? I find it so difficult to figure out until we get into the show but I like to know how diverse the dancers are.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Did anyone take note of how many styles are represented and by what dancers? I find it so difficult to figure out until we get into the show but I like to know how diverse the dancers are.
    From Pikachu's pool thread:

Female Contestants

Bridget Whitman 20 Phoenix, Arizona Contemporary
    Brooklyn Fullmer 18 Provo, Utah Latin Ballroom
    Carly Blaney 19 Wyckoff, New Jersey Contemporary
    Emily James 21 North Kingstown, Rhode Island Contemporary
    Jacque LaWarne 18 Clive, Iowa Ballet
    Jessica Richens 18 Yorba Linda, California Jazz
    Jourdan Epstein 24 Plymouth, Minnesota Ballet
    Malene Ostergaard 25 Los Angeles, California Latin Ballroom
    Tanisha Belnap 20 Payson, Utah Ballroom
    Valerie Rockey 20 Indianapolis, Indiana Tap

Male Contestants

Casey Askew 19 Seattle, Washington Contemporary
    Emilio Dosal 23 Houston, Texas Hip-Hop / Popping
    Marcquet Hill 18 South Jordan, Utah Latin Ballroom
    Nick Garcia 18 Miami, Florida Latin Ballroom
    Ricky Ubeda 18 Miami, Florida Contemporary
    Rudy Abreu 19 Miami, Florida Contemporary
    Serge Onik 26 Upper Saddle River, New Jersey Latin Ballroom
    Stanley Glover 19 Chicago, Illinois Contemporary
    Teddy Coffey 19 Rochester, New York Hip-Hop / Tap
    Zack Everhart 20 Kennesaw, Georgia Tap
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 6/25 SYTYCD 11: Top 20

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Is it just me or is this a rather underwhelming group of dancers? I'll watch next week, and hope I'm proven wrong.
    It's you. This season has some of the best dancers I've seen on the series. For Stanley and Ricky alone, I'd watch. So many talented dancers in the top 20. I'm glad I'm not a judge! I'm sure they're having a guy and a girl win again, but if they only had one winner, a guy would win this season for sure. The depth of talent with the guys this season is insane.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-27-2014 at 02:06 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree. The male dancers are ridiculously talented this year. Two tappers who made it through all the rounds in Call Backs is unheard of...maybe one, but two? The Contemporary guys can out leap and pirouette the ballet guys. This is going to be fun. I really do hope their is one winner in each gender.

I forgot about Stanly Glover because they barely showed him in this call back episode! I'm looking forward to more of him as well. And also Marcquet Hill, who looks like an amazing ballroom dancer. I LOLed at the girl who said she chose to pair with him because he was Hip-Hop and the interviewer had to inform her that his specialty was ballroom!

So Poreotics didn't get through. Such a shame we are going to miss this in live show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIqc5V_9YMQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I agree. The male dancers are ridiculously talented this year. Two tappers who made it through all the rounds in Call Backs is unheard of...maybe one, but two? The Contemporary guys can out leap and pirouette the ballet guys. This is going to be fun. I really do hope their is one winner in each gender.
    If I remember correctly, three tappers made it through 2? 3? years ago. But it isn't all that common, even though the judges really like tappers.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

In an interview with TV Guide Nigel was quite definite about there being only 1 winner this season. On Your Toes! Nigel Lythgoe Dishes the Return of So You Think You Can Dance - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    inthegarden likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast