+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: SYTYCD Season 11 Spoilers: Don't read if you don't want to know!

FORT Fogey

Re: SYTYCD Season 11 Spoilers: Don't read if you don't want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I think possibly that the ones who have styles that are not contemporary or ballroom pieces are going to stand out. So that means the Tappers, the Ballet dancers, the Hip Hoppers, and the Jazz may be the safer ones this week. They are all doing their own style so that is the plus.

I don't think Marcquet has the technique of Nick or Serge, but because it's not that common to see a black ballroom dancer with dreadlocks he might be the type of 'edgy' look the show wants.

I do think Ricky and Jessica will stand out. I am interested to see how this partnership will work since they are outstanding soloists. I watched Jessica back on the Hip Hop, and she was fairly credible. Malene, who got through wasn't nearly as good. She danced hip hop like many ballroom dancers, poorly. My thought is they got Jessica to dance for her life as they wanted an excuse for someone really good to do a solo again. It helps for the "story"
    Marcquet is the black ballroom guy, right? If so, he also hip hops well, and it looked like he generated a lot of excitement around him from the other dancers in the competition. My take is that he must be quite personable which really worked for Fik-shun. We ought to know tonight if he has some of that same "it" that Fik-shun had. I will be surprised if Marcquet fades into the background - I think he is going to be more of a standout. Also, the show has Emilio in the alternative and someone else, but I did not get the impression that either one was as strong as past contestants in the alternative field, so this may leave room for Marcquet to also hip hop. I am sure the alternative dancers will not be able to dance ballroom as well as Marcquet can....

Ricky and Jessica are both outstanding dancers, and I think may be the "Wow" couple right out of the gate. I also think that is what Nigel wanted to get the show off on the right foot. I do hope though that instead of an interpretive dance, they are given something that is loaded with difficult steps which shows what these two can do. Lyrical dance is beautiful, but right now I want to see a lot of technical ability. Who can soar through the air? Who can twist and turn and wrap around like a pretzel? Who can do the stuff that makes my mouth just drop open?

Malene is visually striking. She may not make it to the end, but she may well attract the eye of the producers of DWTS - she fits the part beautifully. I would not be a bit surprised to see her in the DWTS Troupe by next season.

I am getting excited!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-02-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Well we'll see where it leads. Marcquet could be this year's excitement. I think they are making it easy for him to do well since he has the best female. She will pull him up, just as she did with Armand. Nick and Serge have it tougher. Serge in particular is going to have to work to get the most out of the partnership.

For me, the better yardstick is to be the best one out there in your own style, and then show your versatility. If you can't be versatile then sure time to say goodbye.

The SYTYCD Pairings Revealed
    ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Season 11 Top 20 Couples Announced | TVLine

Valerie and Ricky should be great.
    I'm also interested in
    Malene and Stanely
    Jessica and Nick
    Carly and Serge

NOT happy about Ricky being partnered with Valerie. She's cute as a button, but I worry that she'll hold him back. I hope I'm wrong. He's my favorite, along with Stanley. We'll have to wait and see how Malene does with other styles.
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    NOT happy about Ricky being partnered with Valerie. She's cute as a button, but I worry that she'll hold him back. I hope I'm wrong. He's my favorite, along with Stanley. We'll have to wait and see how Malene does with other styles.
    I wouldn't worry too much. Valerie is cross trained in contemporary and actually teaches ballet.

Those dancers who came in as tappers or ballroom dancers but have strong backgrounds in other styles, too, should do really well, since the audience isn't expecting them to be so strong in the other styles. I'm thinking of Tanisha (sp?) as well as Valerie, and there may be others.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Those dancers who came in as tappers or ballroom dancers but have strong backgrounds in other styles, too, should do really well, since the audience isn't expecting them to be so strong in the other styles. I'm thinking of Tanisha (sp?) as well as Valerie, and there may be others.
    That's who I was going to switch Jessica for. I have liked her from the start. She is a strong dancer.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tanisha is from a small town on the south end of the country where I live, so I'm kinda cheering her on. Brooklyn is from my county, too, from the town where I grew up, actually. But I'm not as excited about her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Tanisha is from a small town on the south end of the country where I live, so I'm kinda cheering her on. Brooklyn is from my county, too, from the town where I grew up, actually. But I'm not as excited about her.
    I like them both. I enjoy them..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I agree! And after watching them perform tonight, I think she did. She didn't have nearly the emotion needed to pull off that contemporary tonight. She is cute as heck though.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast