+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 6/4 SYTYCD 11: Audition #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/4 SYTYCD 11: Audition #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    ^^^^^ He really does! I need to look up and see if he's been in anything since he won last season.

Editing to add - oh he has! World of Dance! If you want to see what he's been up to, go to Youtube and search Fik-shun 2014
    I did. Isn't he a delight?
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved the episode! I actually watched it REAL late on Wednesday. I loved Jessica, the sexy girl. I felt like that may be the best solo performance I've seen on the show, not just audition. It was REALLY good. It fit perfectly to the song and you could tell it was really well rehearsed.

Marie Poppins was probably my other favorite. I hear all the Fik-shun comments of dancing with Joy and I felt like that was her. My favorite thing was how it started with her explaining street dancing and how if you suck people just walk by, but if you capture them you know you got it. Then the dance, Fik-shun joining in, and then her at the end. She said it, no tricks, just a love for dance. It was really fantastic.

I also am in the Franchesca was just alright boat. I do think she was unique and it was good, but I truly wonder if she didn't have the disease if we'd even have seen her. I do think her story is worthy of the air time, but I'm not sure about the enormous accolades I've seen on Twitter. I saw that she was trending herself after the show when I was watching later on (didn't realize it at the time until I saw her come on) which is really fascinating because I'm not even sure I remember SYTYCD trending for the first episode (both were of course when I was watching at like 1 am EST in Miami).

I did love our Wichita Popper but I wish he was better trained and could manage something in the choreography. He got to live the dream a bit though with that 4 way battle (I forgot about Legacy! He was great his season and I love that he's still going).

I also want to echo a lot of the guest judge love. They really were fantastic.
    Florimel, ilja and sparklete like this.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

FORT Fogey

Just saw the Tony Awards, I love that show. SYTYCD winner Melaine Moore was featured as a Peter Pan dancer in a new upcoming musical, and Choreographer Spencer Lift was part of the team that won for best musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch starring (sometime guest judge) Neil Patrick Harris

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I don't care for the bald girl's dance. I almost feel like I'm not allowed to say that because of her disease but it's true.
    I didn't think she was the best technical dancer, but there was something to the way she moved that I really liked! She stood out to me from the many "generic" contemporary dancers that do the same moves again and again, and it had nothing to do with her baldness.

I really hope that Miley look alike doesn't make it to the top. Her dancing was fine, but her personality grated on my last nerve.

I loved when Fik-shun joined the popper girl for her dance, it was delightful. Anyone who can make the combo of popping and Sade work has got something special!

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I actually like the groups thing, I just wish they would show us an actual full dance by each crew. Also noticed two alumni teams from America's Best Dance Crew. Last week's Poreotics won season 4, and tonight we had Break Skate from season 1. I liked Poreotics but never liked Break Skate, I feel the skating gimmick really limits their actual dancing. I liked Academy of Villains from what little we saw and ended up voting for them.
    IMO, having Justin Bieber introduce the crews takes away from this segment. The people doing these crew introductions should be getting the audience excited about this segment. He has NO energy - he's completely flat. I find the little clips of the crews performing quite annoying. There is so much jumping around and zooming in that I feel like I'm not seeing enough of their performance to really decide who I want to see again! I'm interested to see the final crews, but I haven't cared enough to vote.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 06-09-2014 at 03:21 PM.
    teatime likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I loved when Fik-shun joined the popper girl for her dance, it was delightful. Anyone who can make the combo of popping and Sade work has got something special!
    Other than thinking, "How in the world are they going to narrow down the amount of immensely truly talented people this time," Fiction spontaneously and delightfully popping up seemingly out of nowhere to dance with her in the middle of her audition is the thing that stands out the most out of last week's show, and there were some extremely good dancers.

It was clear in that moment to tell from some of the hesitancy that she was used to performing solo, but I would love to see her work with someone like Fiction and see what we get! I hope she gets the chance, but there are some seriously gifted people auditioning, and 20 spots will go very quickly....
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Other than thinking, "How in the world are they going to narrow down the amount of immensely truly talented people this time," Fiction spontaneously and delightfully popping up seemingly out of nowhere to dance with her in the middle of her audition is the thing that stands out the most out of last week's show, and there were some extremely good dancers.

It was clear in that moment to tell from some of the hesitancy that she was used to performing solo, but I would love to see her work with someone like Fiction and see what we get! I hope she gets the chance, but there are some seriously gifted people auditioning, and 20 spots will go very quickly....
    Imma going to be a little more cynical. Fik-shun was there for a reason, and that was for the show to push partnering in popping, and to ensure she gets remembered for the show. Marie Poppins has lots of poppin battles with partners on youtube.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Imma going to be a little more cynical. Fik-shun was there for a reason, and that was for the show to push partnering in popping, and to ensure she gets remembered for the show. Marie Poppins has lots of poppin battles with partners on youtube.
    Truthfully, I read everyone's comments several days before I had the chance to watch the recorded show, and frankly (though I was embarrassed to admit it) I really didn't know what "poppin" meant as I read the comments. Of course, it was clear almost immediately.

This may not be a popular sentiment, and if so, I will stand alone. While I enjoy those type genres, and I do acknowledge there has to be an ability and a gift to be able to perform those kinds of dances well, I simply do not view them in the same way as I view the more conventional kinds of dancing - and that includes contemporary because it is obvious that contemporary dancers have usually had years of background dance training much of which is rigorous and often downright grueling.

I loved watching Fik-shun. He was personality on a stick. He had stage presence that simply oozed out, and he danced the other genres very well, considering.....I couldn't argue too much when he won.

That said, I just don't want to see the standard become the alternative types of dance win the day - I just don't want to see them beat out someone who has slaved to win. I won't gripe and carry on, though,
    Florimel, teatime and ilja like this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

You do not stand alone, bloomers. I'm right there behind or in front of you or at your side.
    teatime and ilja like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Im so far behind was out of town at a wedding just saw the episode and all i have to say is This is a mans world! Loved Jessica OMG. Also really liked Jenna, but i have to say the bald woman didnt really do much for me i wasnt impressed not to sound mean just being honest
    ilja likes this.

Yeah, they lose me when they go too far in that direction too. Not that I can't enjoy a great choreographed hip hop now and then but I still want my other dances and someone who can do them.
    Florimel and teatime like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast