+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 6/4 SYTYCD 11: Audition #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/4 SYTYCD 11: Audition #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    OMG, I love this popper guy ... he is just the cutest!

Loved my Fik-Shun! Fanny, we may have a battle on whether he's yours or mine (mine all the way ). Lauren was sitting in the audience with Cyrus!
    No battle Bet, he is all mine, always has been. Let me get him on the phone
    Bet2Win likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Last week's show was iffy, I didn't see many people who caught my attention. Tonight was entirely different. Deisy and Mauricio, Franchesca, Jessica, The Puppet, Marie Poppings, JaJa (who won in America's Best Dance Crew) and others, just really nice dancing all around, I like how the auditions now focus a lot on the really good dancers and little on the bad ones. Now if only they could focus on not showing us so much footage of parents "dancing" onstage. Glad that that didn't happen tonight. It was also reat seeing so many past competitors, especially when some got to dance. Mom was giddy when Fik-Shun did his thing, she adores him.

I actually like the groups thing, I just wish they would show us an actual full dance by each crew. Also noticed two alumni teams from America's Best Dance Crew. Last week's Poreotics won season 4, and tonight we had Break Skate from season 1. I liked Poreotics but never liked Break Skate, I feel the skating gimmick really limits their actual dancing. I liked Academy of Villains from what little we saw and ended up voting for them.

Alo, about the winning group from last week, the tap-dancing crew of Syncopated Ladies, I seeked them out on Youtube and now I hope they win the whole thing and get to dance in the finale. They are really good, I recommend you check them out.
    Jahim and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

I had it on in the hospital, but friends dropped by so I missed the first hour. Good news is that I should be heading home today and, unless someone changed the DVR, I can watch it again.

I did catch the French girl with Fik-shun and that was just amazing. And the Puppet was so amazingly fluid, but I was surprised that they sent him through, especially after he said that he'd never danced with a partner. I understood Mary's reasoning, but I'm not sure he'll do that well in Vegas. However, I'm sure we've been surprised by others who did the same thing!

FORT Fogey

Really enjoyed the show last night, what a 360 in Nigel, who now has a Joffrey Ballet soloist on the panel. To think the crap he put Danny Tidwell through and now he's finally embracing highly trained ballet dancers, not just the next Fik-shun. He's come a long way.

I agree with everyone the Poppers were great, I think the young woman who danced with Fik-shun might go pretty far, agreed the young man who puppets might not get past Vegas. YaYa was incredible, unfortunately a woman won't get a "bye" for other styles like guys in this style so I hope for the best for her.

I liked the tapper, and the little I saw of her choreography round I think she can handle it better than previous tappers, so I could see her going a bit further too.

I loved the Ballet dancers, both the pas de deux couple and the girl who is the Joffrey trainee has such an incredible quality in her dancing. I thought the young girl with the eating disorder wasn't bad, a little bit contemporary by numbers in her transitions.. the girl with the hat reminded me a little of Lauren Froderman and her audition. I would have liked to have seen more of the Ballroom dancers I think they are really strong as well.

Oh and the bald girl was mesmorizing.
    mesachick likes this.

It was great seeing so many of the prior contestants show up and give their support during the LA auditions. Fik-shun! Just seeing him dance reminded me why he won last season. He's is just so darn adorable! Nice seeing Cyrus and Legacy up on stage too.

I am still waiting for someone to make me think - this one is going to go far! Amy pulled me in straight from her first audition last year. Everyone is so talented!
    inthegarden likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

One thing that sets SYTYCD apart from other reality shows is the caliber of their guest judges. I absolutely LOVED both Christina Applegate and Fabrice Calmels tonight. It was obvious they were really interested and invested in the auditions, not just there to share the limelight. Kudos to the show for including them. Jenna Elfman was equally as talented last week. I would love to see any one of them as a permanent guest judge - but then I guess they wouldn't be a guest. :-)
    Florimel, Jahim, Jezebella and 2 others like this.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    One thing that sets SYTYCD apart from other reality shows is the caliber of their guest judges. I absolutely LOVED both Christina Applegate and Fabrice Calmels tonight. It was obvious they were really interested and invested in the auditions, not just there to share the limelight. Kudos to the show for including them. Jenna Elfman was equally as talented last week. I would love to see any one of them as a permanent guest judge - but then I guess they wouldn't be a guest. :-)
    I also think the guest judges were great- and shared a passion for dance, not the camera .I also thanked the camera guys, for not putting the camera solely on them( like AI) and leaving it there. It was a better show last night than last week.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

How spontaneous when Fik-Shun approached Mary Poppins and danced with her. When he did the dance off, he caught the flavor of the music/lyrics better than the others. Where is this year's Fik-Shun? I'm happy they showed Chenon for a brief moment. Please, let there be super memories this year...Amy, where are you?
    mesachick likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Unfortunately we had bad weather and I missed the second hour. There were several that were really good that got to move on. I'm glad I got to see Fik-Shun. I love watching him dance. He has the most joyous spirit when he dances. He makes me smile.
    Jezebella and Fanny Mare like this.

^^^^^ He really does! I need to look up and see if he's been in anything since he won last season.

Editing to add - oh he has! World of Dance! If you want to see what he's been up to, go to Youtube and search Fik-shun 2014
    Last edited by mesachick; 06-05-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast