+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 5/28 SYTYCD Season 11 Auditions

Re: 5/28 SYTYCD Season 11 Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Woo Hoo! My fav summer/reality show is baaack!

I could have done without the bottle dance though - wth? Picture a girl doing that.... I don't know how any found that funny or entertaining, including back in college lol. I really liked Trevor a lot. I think he will go farther than some of you may think. Remember he's had quite a bit of dance training, which I imagine will come out quickly during the next round and through the actual show itself. I am glad Caleb made it through finally, but I don't see him making it through the next set of rounds. None of the girls particularly made a big impression, just because there's not that much new that they are doing (if that makes sense). The one girl with the sad foster home story is the only one, she was beautiful.

I didn't really like either of the dance crews...
    Lots of ballroom dancers. I am sure one day they will merge this show with DWTS. Maybe the groups are in it, so they don't have so many poppers on the show?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The girl with the sad background was light, airy, delightful, and pretty. You never can tell when it comes to other genres, but I think if she makes it through the next two rotations, we might see that one for a while. She has charisma - that stage presence - that has carrying power.

The bottle dancing dad was certainly bordering on bad taste with the chuckles I thought, but then he is from Louisiana, home of New Orleans and Bourbon Street. What might be embarrasing, especially at his age, in my family might be more acceptable in the culture in which he lives.

Things are just relative, and sometimes they are just a matter of opinion. The dad's performance did add a little flavor to the show as did the drag queen type contestant who was very funny as well as extremely flexible. I thought the humorous sections helped to balance out the very sad stories that get to me.
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Didn't it look with the count at the end that the Tap Girls won that round of crew dancing?

I remember the 16yr old who helped Whitney with her audition two years ago. He was amazing then and even more flexible now in his Latin moves. I also remember that Nigel was upset that he was only 16. I'm glad he came back. I wasn't as impressed with his partner this time around.

You look at the ballroom kids and wonder who will be hired for troop at DWTS.

Oh, Nigel also made the point with the ballroom girl who danced solo that in Utah (where all the super ballroom kids come from) they combine ballroom and modern, so they have more of a repertoire.

Good start. Continuing next week in Chi-beria.
    sparklete likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Didn't it look with the count at the end that the Tap Girls won that round of crew dancing?
    For sure, I liked them
    sparklete likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I really didn't much care for the bottle dance either. It did not offend me, but when I hear those two words I inevitably think of the amazing bottle dance in Filler On the Roof, so no way I could have liked this one. I did like the fun he seemed to have doing it.

From what I saw, the Tap Dancers were way ahead but voting was still going on. I didn't see much of either group since I fast forwarded through all of Bieber's stuff.

Jenna Elfman was an excellent judge. She was a successful professional dancer, classically trained in ballet, before she did Dharma and Greg and all her other acting roles. She knows what she's talking about.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I only heard of this Dance Crew addition to SYTYCD today because I don't watch the show until after the auditions. I think it's a nice touch if it's going to spin off later as a SYTYCD: Dance Crew edition. I still prefer the ABDC format though. Maybe Randy will bring that back since he will be out of work next year. I just wish that Kaba Modern will be in SYTYCD because I will definitely vote for them. My favorites from ABDC aside from Kaba Modern, are Jabawokeez and Quest Crew.

Well, it's not a spinoff, but an addition to the show in that the winning team will have a dance slot on the finale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I know, I was just saying that it would be nice if this is a prelude to having a spinoff of a future Dance Crew edition of SYTYCD.

You're right; it would be nice.

I almost missed last night's show, luckily I have the series set to record on my DVR.

Loved Jenna as a judge. Loved the girl from foster care, she's beautiful, loved her hair, her dancing, everything about her.

I was excited that Caleb was put through, but I don't think he's long for this show unless he can completely step up his choreographed dancing. I didn't think he was very strong during the choreography portion in the second audition either. But I loved his second solo.

So happy my favorite show is back on!
    ilja and Mreid1472 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast