+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: SYTYCD 11 Pool

Re: SYTYCD 11 Pool

Thank you for the nice welcome!

i don't feel like I even know all the contestants, but here's my first guess:

Name of Dance Troupe: The Fosse Posse

Principal Girl: Jourdan. Beautiful dancer, had a back story and I love ballet. Featured on her auditions.

Secondary Girl 1: Malene Excellent ballroom dancer, featured during call back. I want to see her dancing with Marcquet!

Secondary Girl 2: Jessica Good dancer featured a lot. Looks like she's a judges favorite. Sexy thing may get real annoying real fast, though.

Back-up Girl: Jacque - hardly saw her, but am hoping for a surprise front runner. Did I mention I love ballet? I may go for Brooklyn, Marcquet's partner, after I see them all dance.

Principal Guy: Marcquet - Featured a lot. Great ball room, but looks good in hip hop and other styles, too.

Secondary Guy 1: Ricky - Featured in auditions and call backs. Great emotional dancer.

Secondary Guy 2: Zack - Love a good tap dancer! good in ballroom too. Featured a fair amount.

Back-up Guy: Casey - Featured in audition. Seen in a lot of quick clips. Hoping he's a surprise.

Wish I could have one less girl, and include Rudy, too. He was featured a lot.

I probably will want to change some of these after we see the first performance show, but this is it for now.
    Last edited by Allisongors; 06-26-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Trying to straighten out lines

Thanks, pikachu, for once again running this pool and for allowing us to see the dancers peform together before selecting teams. I have some difficult choices to make.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks for running this pool! I will have my picks for you by Sunday. I just need to re-watch yesterday's show again. Might as well hand me the wooden shoe award right now because this isn't Dancing With The Stars!

Are you planning to run a Project Runway Pool as well?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wasn't aware that Project Runway was starting again since Heidi Klum is busy with America's Got Talent right now. Besides that, forum viewership of Project Runway has been way down the last few seasons so I don't plan to run a pool for it. I suppose if there's enough demand for it, I'll consider it.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

1.) Choose a name for your dance troupe.
    The Corn Crew
    2.) Choose one girl and one guy to be your primary dancers.
    Primary: Marquet and Brooklyn
    3.) Choose another two girls and two guys to be your secondary dancers.
    Secondary: Stanley & Rudy, Tanisha & Malene
    4.) Choose a back-up girl and guy.
    Emilio and Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wasn't aware that Project Runway was starting again since Heidi Klum is busy with America's Got Talent right now. Besides that, forum viewership of Project Runway has been way down the last few seasons so I don't plan to run a pool for it. I suppose if there's enough demand for it, I'll consider it.
    That is fine...one less pool to worry about! PR is starting up July 24th I believe. My son saw them filming a few weeks ago when he is in NYC during the week. I couldn't believe he didn't take any pictures!

I agree with you about the show losing interest. Too many gimmicks. They also did their bring back a designer ploy AGAIN! Thing is since they had already began filiming the show, how could WE the VIEWERS make the choice? Answer: we didn't!
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I will keep my dwts name:

1. female lead: Malene Ostergaard
    male lead: Serge Olnik

2. female secondary: Brooklyn Fullmer & Emily James
    male secondary: Rudy Abreau & Nik Garcia

3. Back-up female: Jourdan Epstein
    Back-up male: Emilio Dorsal
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Pool entry
    Name of Troupe: West Side Glory
    Primary Girl: Jourdan, Secondary Girl: Valerye, Malene
    Back up Girl: Brooklyn
    Primary Guy: Ricky, Secondary guy: Marquet, Zach
    Back Up guy: Casey
    (I had such a hard time not having one more each--for girls Jessica, and guys Rudy--watch them win!!)
    Helen

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

BTW, for people new to the pool or those who might have forgotten, I let you have one episode to watch the contestants dance together for the first time on the show before you have to submit your pool teams so if you want to make any changes to your team lineup between now and the pool deadline, you're allowed to. Just let me know in this thread or by private message so I can adjust the scoresheet.

I'm considering using the pool team name "Too Buck for Starbucks", since Lil C is always using the term buck to describe a routine that was really great, and Starbucks just fits alongside buck. It's sort of like the SYTYCD version of "I'm Too Sexy".
    Cornholio likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Name of Troupe: Over The Moon
    Primary Girl: Malene Secondary Girls: Jessica and Jourdan
    Back up Girl: Brooklyn

Primary Guy: Stanley
    Secondary Guys: Ricky and Nik Garcia
    Back up guy: Rudy

My first time playing in this pool this was really tough everyone is so talented this year

+ Reply to Thread