+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 9/3 SYTYCD 10: Top 4 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 9/3 SYTYCD 10: Top 4 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Jasmine showed 100% that she is the best dancer last night but is she the favorite? She threw everything she had on that stage. When compared to Amy (who I would have said up till last night was the stronger dancer) there was no contest, if we were voting for the best dancer? Jasmine would win hands down.

However, since it is the favorite dancer? I think Fik-shun has this in the bag.

He's not my favorite, that would be Jasmine. She forced me to notice her and soon she became my favorite. I also prefer Aaron over Fik-shun. It will be interesting to see who America picks.
    While I agree that Jasmine is incredibly talented, I wouldn't say she is more talented than Amy. I actually think that Amy is every bit, if not more talented. I do think that Jasmine danced her butt off in the finale. She was my personal pick prior to the Top 20 episodes, and while I still enjoyed her, I felt that she lost a little something at that point and it wasn't until the finale that I felt she had completely found it again. I have no problem with either of them winning.

The thing that bothered me with Jasmine throughout the competition was that she sometimes danced a bit clunky or heavy and didn't always finish her moves as well as she could have. She would just miss finishing certain moves by thismuch but I would see it. I only saw one of those moments in the finale and I was impressed since it was something I was hoping to see her improved upon.

Of the guys, I don't think either of the remaining two are the most talented of the Top 20. I did find myself smiling and really wanting Fik-shun to do well each time he danced. Aaron seems like a nice guy and it would be really cool to have a tapper win. The guy can tap!
    Last edited by NCLurker; 09-09-2013 at 12:51 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    While I agree that Jasmine is incredibly talented, I wouldn't say she is more talented than Amy. I actually think that Amy is every bit, if not more talented. I do think that Jasmine danced her butt off in the finale. She was my personal pick prior to the Top 20 episodes, and while I still enjoyed her, I felt that she lost a little something at that point and it wasn't until the finale that I felt she had completely found it again. I have no problem with either of them winning.

The thing that bothered me with Jasmine throughout the competition was that she sometimes danced a bit clunky or heavy and didn't always finish her moves as well as she could have. She would just miss finishing certain moves by thismuch but I would see it. I only saw one of those moments in the finale and I was impressed since it was something I was hoping to see her improved upon.

Of the guys, I don't think either of the remaining two are the most talented of the Top 20. I did find myself smiling and really wanting Fik-shun to do well each time he danced. Aaron seems like a nice guy and it would be really cool to have a tapper win. The guy can tap!
    They are very good dancers in different ways, I think. Jasmine has those long legs and is very attractive, so she naturally comes across more flashy - for the lack of a better word but not to be derogative - and grabs attention with her good dancing.
    The much smaller Amy - while not as "flashy" is technically stronger and is a powerhouse dancer. Amy reminds me of Melanie who I think by the way is just now coming into her own as far as her potential attractiveness. She looked pretty the other night with a different hairstyle and more or different make-up. I think Amy will come into her own as well also as she advances into her 20s.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Jasmine has already got work with Ciara as a hip hop dancer, and seriously considering the offer to tour, so the lines blurred when she danced that Beyonce hip hop routine, right up the alley of what she is doing professionally anyway, so I don't understand how Nigel can make hay saying it was so "extraordinary" that she would pick hip hop as her dance with the all star.

Anyway, I'm sure Tuesday night will be a lot of fun, and fingers crossed for Amy and all the final 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I take offense to this comment implying that people would vote for a contestant that is not the best dancer only because they are physically attracted to them. Fik-shun is certainly a cute kid, but he close in age to my older children. I vote for him because he is versatile, spunky, and watching him dance makes me happy.
    Don't know what happened to my reply from last week but anyway, I said in that post that you should not take offense if you don't vote that way but there are people who do and they know who they are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567