+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 8/27 SYTYCD 10: Top 6 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/27 SYTYCD 10: Top 6 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

I really like Fik-shun, but I wonder if the show is actually holding back some info on his training. My daughter's co-worker, who son is very big into dancing, mentioned she has seen recordings of Dushaunt in contemporary dance videos. Of course, this is coming second hand.

I still like all 4 of the finalists...I think Aaron is top on my list.

He was on Paula Abduls show( 2011) and lost in the semi finals Hip Hop Dancer - Du-shaunt Stegall - Semi-Finals 2! - YouTube
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Cat didn't give out phone numbers so I'm really curious to see how this goes down as far as audience voting for the winners.

Paul is the best technical dancer of the boys, but I think the personalities of the other two overshadowed him, plus he was a previous winner.

I'm very happy with the final four. It was so great to see Amy/Fik-shun dance together again. Actually I thought she had some better body movement than he did and her Bollywood number was off the chart.

Looking forward to next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

With regard to our uncertainty over whether or not they were going back to just one winner, I thought I heard Cat say that there would be a male and a female winner and each would get $100,000. I hope I heard right because male and female dancing are very different and should be judged separately in my opinion.

I really like Hayley, but I did not like that boxing routine at all. I'm usually okay with Napoleon and Tabitha routines because they tend to tone down the hip hop in their choreography, but I don't like male boxing, let alone female. The Bollywood routine was my favorite of the night. Those knee turns were amazing.

In any case, I am hoping for Amy and Aaron to each take first place, but all are good dancers and I hope they all find careers after the tour.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am routing for Amy and Fik-shun to win.

Amy is far superior than Jasmine in every way IMO. Honestly I am not really even sure how Jasmine made it as I found Hayley to be a much better dancer. Maybe it's her size, but for me, Jasmine is a very clunky dancer, at least in comparison to the other girls. Aaron on the other hand, who is also tall, I don't find clunky at all. I am glad he made it to the finals. I think its pretty amazing considering the only reason he made it to the top 20 was because one of the original guys got hurt before the competition started.

I think that Fik-shun doing as well as he's done without all the years of training, goes to show exactly why he should win. Just look at Joshua, who did that amazing routine last night (man it was good to see him again!) who won his season without have even a single dance class when he made it through. He and Khatee are still one of my most favorite couplings of all time.
    Totally agree about Jasmine. She somehow lacks grace when dancing and I think her long legs are compensating for that. I didn't specially care for the choreo on her dance with Aaron but she in particular got a standing O from the judges because she contorted her leg. Aaron is ungraceful as well when he dances and while Mary called him out last week, this week he was called out again, this time by Nigel for not relaxing his shoulders. He has too square and stiff upper body. That's why the couple is one of my least favorite this year. In the end, the best dancer (not the best personality or because you want to make out with that contestant) should be the winner of SYTYCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    With regard to our uncertainty over whether or not they were going back to just one winner, I thought I heard Cat say that there would be a male and a female winner and each would get $100,000. I hope I heard right because male and female dancing are very different and should be judged separately in my opinion.

I really like Hayley, but I did not like that boxing routine at all. I'm usually okay with Napoleon and Tabitha routines because they tend to tone down the hip hop in their choreography, but I don't like male boxing, let alone female. The Bollywood routine was my favorite of the night. Those knee turns were amazing.

In any case, I am hoping for Amy and Aaron to each take first place, but all are good dancers and I hope they all find careers after the tour.
    You heard right! There is one female and one male winner again this year.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Amy should win, but it's so close between Aaron and Fik-shun Its nice to have two great male dancers
    -Andy Rooney-

Who is John Galt?

The only thing I can say is this time it is not about best dancer, but the most popular dancer on the male side. Both of the final two are two of the least skilled of the top ten dancers - male and female. Paul is definitely the most talented and should have been up for the win, but his "unfortunate" win of a contest in a nearly third world country seems to have turned him off to the voting public - stupid but true. I'm pissed!! Of the girls, any of the three could win - they are all fabulous! Of the remaining two guys - who cares. However, Fikshun's ability at adapting to nearly every genre puts him above Aaron in my mind. Aaron was fortunate to be teemed with Jasmine who stole the attention away from him and covered up his awkward movements. If he wins, it will be on personality - not dance-ability especially in comparison to those he competed against.

However, out in the real world, Paul will be the one who will get the jobs and will probably be back as an All-Star.
    Last edited by aname2; 08-28-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: addition
    Florimel likes this.

I guess I loved Fik_-Shuns spirit and Aarons. Both of them( for me) outshone Paul. I have already stated he was good, but last night, 2 out of his 3 dances were on the weak side. I am so happy with the F4. I think Fisk-shun will continue to grow, and he will show up as an all-star
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by fanny mare View Post
    amy should win, but it's so close between aaron and fik-shun its nice to have two great male dancers
    im rooting for fikshun to win out the guys and ill be happy for either amy or jasmine they are both awesome!!!!

+ Reply to Thread