+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 8/27 SYTYCD 10: Top 6 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/27 SYTYCD 10: Top 6 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cdhinhou View Post
    Next week is the performance finale according to Cat. Do the final 4 perform next week and then we vote and there is another show for the finale?!?
    I thought that was it..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

Are the votes from last week being used to choose the winner then or are the judges selecting the winner? It would be nice to know.

I remember during the auditions Nigel chastised someone for complaining his partner was too tall (or something like that) and Nigel said "if you are a good dancer, then you can dance with anyone" (or something like that). In the finale, usually all four dance with each other at least once. I can't wait to see how Fik-Shun and Jasmine dance together- it should be an interesting routine to choreogrpah at least.

So excited for the final four!!!!

I am happy for them, and happy for me, I love 3 of the final four, and happy for the one that I don't love, because I don't have any other favorites outside of the 3.

Woo Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    It tells me that voting is now closed!
    I think they all dance next week, and then the voting is for the winner. It should be a really good show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm watching behind this week and I'm not done yet, BUT I had to come in and comment on the Amy and Alex Bollywood routine. That was PHENOMENAL!! I enjoy Bollywood, but usually I think it looks kind of frenetic like the dancers can't quite keep up. These two made it look easy!!!!
    Jezebella likes this.

Well Jasmine and Aaron was expected to make the finale (even though they are not the best dancers and they were the worst last week) as they have a lot of fans here although I wish they didnt . The surprise was Paul's elimination. He, and I believe Aaron, were never in the bottom. Haley was actually amazing last week but she can't beat Jasmine's avid fans. Well I'm gonna have to vote for Amy and Fikshun as they are great together. I hope they win.
    Jezebella likes this.

To the Point

Of the final four, I like them all but Amy is my favorite so far as dancing is concerned. I absolutely loved Jasmine at the beginning of the season and she was my fav, but I am not as enamored with her as I was. She is still a great dancer and has phenomenal legs, but I just don't feel as much when she dances (tried to find a better way to describe it). When Amy dances I just feel joy. While many of her dances have played to that, she has also danced some numbers that showed off other sides and I have been so impressed. This girl has star power and the power to allow the dance to transform her.

Of the two guys, I don't feel that either were the most technically complete but they both have great personalities. I love Fik-shun because of that smile that just seems to come from the soul and he has done a great job in learning the choreography. I think with more training he could really conquer any dance style...his personality has certainly helped cover flaws in those areas that aren't as familiar. Aaron just seems like a really solid and likable person. I wish we had more opportunity to see Aaron dance more in his style. He is a phenomenal tapper. He has done well in all the other areas and I enjoy watching him, he just wouldn't be my top pick.

I think that both of the girls are more complete packages so far as dance is concerned but personality plays a huge part.
    Hyper, jammyjoe, Jezebella and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

When they paired them up in the original couples and sequenced their dances in the order in which they came, I could see the handwriting on the wall. The Amy/Fic-shun and Jasmine/Aaron couples hit on every single point all through the season while Paul and Haley - both technically good - were Lone Rangers, so to speak, who came together in a strong attempt but just too late to combat the popularity of the other four.

It will be interesting to see how America votes. However, at this particular point I am thinking that Fic-shun with that light bulb smile and the ever popular hip-hop ( plus quirky, awesome animator moves) might pull this off. Personally, although he is so cute, tremendously likeable, and he has tried so very hard, something in me really wants one of the other three who has put in years of training in dance class to win the final recognition.
    There is nothing objectionable, however, about any of the F4. and I will ultimately be all right with any way this season ends.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I am routing for Amy and Fik-shun to win.

Amy is far superior than Jasmine in every way IMO. Honestly I am not really even sure how Jasmine made it as I found Hayley to be a much better dancer. Maybe it's her size, but for me, Jasmine is a very clunky dancer, at least in comparison to the other girls. Aaron on the other hand, who is also tall, I don't find clunky at all. I am glad he made it to the finals. I think its pretty amazing considering the only reason he made it to the top 20 was because one of the original guys got hurt before the competition started.

I think that Fik-shun doing as well as he's done without all the years of training, goes to show exactly why he should win. Just look at Joshua, who did that amazing routine last night (man it was good to see him again!) who won his season without have even a single dance class when he made it through. He and Khatee are still one of my most favorite couplings of all time.
    jammyjoe and Bet2Win like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread