+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 8/27 SYTYCD 10: Top 6 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/27 SYTYCD 10: Top 6 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I guess I loved Fik_-Shuns spirit and Aarons. Both of them( for me) outshone Paul. I have already stated he was good, but last night, 2 out of his 3 dances were on the weak side. I am so happy with the F4. I think Fisk-shun will continue to grow, and he will show up as an all-star
    Paul is technically the strongest of the 3 male dancers; he is handsome and always has a warm smile, but yes he is over-shadowed by the other two guys who somehow have more charisma. It isn't Paul's fault, and there is absolutley nothing he could have done more or better. I don't think in the end it came down to the fact that Paul won the title somewhere else either. No one voted against him, and he was never in the bottom. I just think that more people were drawn to the personalities and that "it" factor of Aaron and/or Fic-shun who also could dance - though technically not to Paul's level as we got closer to the end.

I think Nigel nailed it early on when he told Blue Print that often who won came right down to personality.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Paul is technically the strongest of the 3 male dancers; he is handsome and always has a warm smile, but yes he is over-shadowed by the other two guys who somehow have more charisma. It isn't Paul's fault, and there is absolutley nothing he could have done more or better. I don't think in the end it came down to the fact that Paul won the title somewhere else either. No one voted against him, and he was never in the bottom. I just think that more people were drawn to the personalities and that "it" factor of Aaron and/or Fic-shun who also could dance - though technically not to Paul's level as we got closer to the end.

I think Nigel nailed it early on when he told Blue Print that often who won came right down to personality.
    Personality with awesome dance passion and a wonderful spirit. Its hard to come by, but when its there, oh boy its there!!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The winner is chosen as America's FAVORITE dancer. Not "best". Not "most talented". Not "top trained". Not "totally improved". Just FAVORITE. That's it. Anyone who thinks it's not designed to be, or is anything other than, a popularity contest should've stopped watching long ago.

Truthfully, do folks enter this JUST to win? I don't think so. They enter for the experience and the exposure and the future opportunities.

I'm pleased for each and every dancer who made it to the Top 20. Happy for each and every member of the Top 10. Thrilled for the Final 4. I think they've all gotten what they wanted out of this competition reality show

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Just lurkin' and agreeing with alot of your thoughts.

I think Jasmine is a beautiful girl great leg extensions, really star quality, love her on Broadway numbers, but there is some work to do on refinement in other styles.
    I think Fik-shun's solos are the business. This guy is incredible on his own, fun with Amy but not really the best when it comes to dances that require formal technique like Ballroom. I think Aaron is a great tapper, but I am just not impressed with other styles on him. There's an awkwardness in his leaps and partnering that shows up at strange intervals.
    I think Amy is incredible. I have loved this girl from the first routine she and Fik-shun did to Sonya Tayeh's contemporary.

I'd like to see Amy win. She danced with two titans of the dance world, Travis and Alex and she was able to stay poised and beautiful throughout. The control she displayed on the Wicked Games contemporary was just "beyond" what a gorgeous routine when you have a male that can partner like that. Although Alex could display some amazing classical ballet technique on the Bollywood, it will ba a long time before we could see a girl actually go for it in matching the reverse split leap. She's a jazz dancer for heavens sake! Love her.

I would prefer that a winner is someone who has really worked on mastering the technique required for this show. It's too bad Paul was eliminated. He really was the most versatile of all the males. But, this is America's show and there's no way the Armenian kid with classical training is going to overshadow a couple of homegrown boys who are hoofers and hip hoppers. That's American style and that's what will win.
    Hyper and jammyjoe like this.

FORT Fogey

The All Stars dancing next week are Robert, Comfort, Twitch, and Melinda the tapper from a few seasons back. Amy said in an interview they will have 6 dances each next week--- One with Fik-shun, one with Aaron, one with Jasmine and one with an All-star, a group routine and a solo. Wow, just tied thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    im rooting for fikshun to win out the guys and ill be happy for either amy or jasmine they are both awesome!!!!
    I am as well .That little munchkin is a delight to watch.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Just lurkin' and agreeing with alot of your thoughts.

I think Jasmine is a beautiful girl with great leg extensions, really star quality, love her on Broadway numbers, but there is some work to do on refinement in other styles.
    I think Fik-shun's solos are the business. This guy is incredible on his own, fun with Amy but not really the best when it comes to dances that require formal technique like Ballroom. I think Aaron is a great tapper, but I am just not impressed with other styles on him. There's an awkwardness in his leaps and partnering that shows up at strange intervals.
    I think Amy is incredible. I have loved this girl from the first routine she and Fik-shun did to Sonya Tayeh's contemporary.

I'd like to see Amy win. She danced with two titans of the dance world, Travis and Alex and she was able to stay poised and beautiful throughout. The control she displayed on the Wicked Games contemporary was just "beyond" what a gorgeous routine when you have a male that can partner like that. Although Alex could display some amazing classical ballet technique on the Bollywood, it will ba a long time before we could see a girl actually go for it in matching the reverse split leap. She's a jazz dancer for heavens sake! Love her.

I would prefer that a winner is someone who has really worked on mastering the technique required for this show. It's too bad Paul was eliminated. He really was the most versatile of all the males. But, this is America's show and there's no way the Armenian kid with classical training is going to overshadow a couple of homegrown boys who are hoofers and hip hoppers. That's American style and that's what will win.
    That routine with Amy and Travis was the highlight of the season for me. It showed me exactly what Travis could do both in choreography and in dance execution itself, and it showed me what here-to-fore cutie pie Amie was capable of producing. It was breath-taking in the same manner to me as some well executed ballets. Where she will end up, I don't know, but she won't go home and open up a dance studio.....

That leg move of Jasmine's the other night looked like something a contortionist might do, her leg extensions are incredible, and she is very attractive. I can easily see her dancing on Broadway. Aaron is a born showman in much the same way as Donnie Osman who has made a fine living. How this plays out for him I don't know, but I feel quite sure with his set of skills, looks, and personality it will.

Fik-shun, with that light-bulb smile and ever popular hiphop/animator dance style, I see as ending up in the prominent view of top singers' videos and maybe even touring with them.

DWTS has adopted several of the contestants from SYTYCD. I would not be surprised to see Paul show up eventually on DWTS......he is good-looking, trained in a lot of the ballroom that they do, and has shown himself completely capable of adapting to the rest of the dance styles that they do on a regular basis.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    That routine with Amy and Travis was the highlight of the season for me. It showed me exactly what Travis could do both in choreography and in dance execution itself, and it showed me what here-to-fore cutie pie Amie was capable of producing. It was breath-taking in the same manner to me as some well executed ballets. Where she will end up, I don't know, but she won't go home and open up a dance studio.....

That leg move of Jasmine's the other night looked like something a contortionist might do, her leg extensions are incredible, and she is very attractive. I can easily see her dancing on Broadway. Aaron is a born showman in much the same way as Donnie Osman who has made a fine living. How this plays out for him I don't know, but I feel quite sure with his set of skills, looks, and personality it will.

Fik-shun, with that light-bulb smile and ever popular hiphop/animator dance style, I see as ending up in the prominent view of top singers' videos and maybe even touring with them.

DWTS has adopted several of the contestants from SYTYCD. I would not be surprised to see Paul show up eventually on DWTS......he is good-looking, trained in a lot of the ballroom that they do, and has shown himself completely capable of adapting to the rest of the dance styles that they do on a regular basis.

I agree with your assessments. As for Amy, I would bet that Travis has already tapped her for his dance company. Shaping Sound. She's always wanted to dance with Robert, and Travis is choreographing in the finale so my guess is she has Robert for one of his dances. Regardless as to what goes down on Tuesday I hope to see Amy for a long time to come on my television.

Just received my tix for the live performance in Oct in Ft Myers. Woot!!!!!!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

How exciting, Cornholio! I'd like to see the tour but our Civic Center sucks -- it's set up better for Monster Truck Rallys than concerts and musicals -- and the one year they did come here, the tickets were too expensive for me. You'll have to tell us all about it after you go. Some pictures would be nice, if you're allowed to take any!

+ Reply to Thread