+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 8/20 SYTYCD 10: Top 8 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/20 SYTYCD 10: Top 8 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought they were sticking with having two winners - a guy and a girl - like they did last season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I am disappointed Tucker went home, but I agree Jenna was the one to go. Fikshun, cute as he is, should not have been the one saved. He is more limited than Tucker, but Tucker is not a fan favorite and has been in the bottom several times. I agree that Aaron is one of the weaker dancers and not particularly versatile, but he is an excellent partner due to his size and strength. But Aaron is a fan favorite - soooo . . he may just win (I hope not). Paul remains at the top of the heap for the guys and has no contest with Fiksun and Aaron, but it doesn't mean he'll win. My favorite girl is the tiny one who danced with Dimitri (the hunk). Jasmine is limited by her size and looks awkward in some dances.
    Finally a voice of reason. You were referring to Haley. She is the best among the girls and was surprised she was in the bottom 2 instead of Jasmine. Amy was paired with the best choreographer and male dancer that's why she shined better than Haley. Jasmine and Aaron (because of their size, both dance awkwardly i.e. Aaron's shoulders is always upright and Mary finally called it) were forgettable and hope that they leave next week. Aaron (yup, not FikShun) is this year's Cyrus. The ideal result is a Paul and Haley win.

I just got around to seeing this weeks episode -- FINALLY JENNA IS GONE.....I thought she was a smug chick she should of been gone weeks ago. So happy she is gone, sad to see Tucker gone. He should of stayed but I always tell my husband that they keep like the "ficshuns" around because they can "mold" them more. Tucker was so polished to be honest. He could of used some more work no one is perfect!

I think Aaron was/is the best male dancer of this season and would not mind seeing him win. Ficshun would come in second place because of popularity. If he wins...I would not be happy.

Amy should take it for the girls with Jasmine in second place. Maybe I was vacation for way to long, but I have no clue who Hayley is....LOL.

Looking forward to seeing some great routines as the season winds down!!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought they were sticking with having two winners - a guy and a girl - like they did last season.
    I thought it was just one, now I hope there is two. If its two I say Fik- Shun and Amy. One winner for me is Amy, even though I love Jasmine. Tough season to choose
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Amy will take the win as well for the girls. She's been consistently awesome lol. The guys are more of a toss up right now. Paul seems to have quite the following, so I can see him taking it to the end. I don't think he's ever been in the bottom group has he?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I think Amy will take the win as well for the girls. She's been consistently awesome lol. The guys are more of a toss up right now. Paul seems to have quite the following, so I can see him taking it to the end. I don't think he's ever been in the bottom group has he?
    I agree with you about Paul, and no he hasn't been in the bottom group. Zoo will go mad!!
    zookeepertx likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I found an article discussing an interview with Cat Deeley which included this quote:

Though season nine crowned two winners, one male and one female, Deeley says SYTYCD will probably one have one champ this year. "I think there's just going to be one winner ‘cause it was a bit like, ‘You won…and you've won!' she explains. "But I think the runner-up will probably get a cash prize, like we've done in previous seasons. I think that's the better way of doing it."
    It does say "probably", but I don't think TPTB would have let her say this if that wasn't the route they were going...

It also seems like they have been referring to the "winner" all season, rather than "winnerS" but it is certainly possible I just haven't been paying enough attention!

I'm sorry to hear that. I loved the change to one male and one female winner and hoped they would keep it that way. Still, I supposed it doesn't matter that much because all of the top dancers will get jobs from this show and that's what I find most important.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with you about Paul, and no he hasn't been in the bottom group. Zoo will go mad!!
    Yes... yes she will!!

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Yes... yes she will!!
    LOL, see I know you well
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread