+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 8/20 SYTYCD 10: Top 8 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/20 SYTYCD 10: Top 8 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Well I called Tucker, but was wrong about Jenna. I kind of thought they would keep Jenna to avoid all contemporary girls in the finale. Oh well.
    I have a very informal sheet that I started at the beginning of the season in which I have listed the bottom, saved, and eliminated contestants by weeks. I am showing that last night was the 5th time that Jenna has landed in the bottom.
    However, I think it is important to note that does not mean that this is the 5th time that Jenna has received the lowest amount of fan votes. For all we know, Jenna may not have received the lowest votes any of those weeks, and Nigel really did not "save" Jenna at all! That may have just been a dramatic play on his and the show's part.
    Again, however, last night whether she received the lowest votes or not, it may be a case of "the boy who cried wolf', and Nigel has now played that one too often, and the viewers have lost patience with it as evidence by his remark about the tweets. It is obvious as well by the fact that she has been in the bottom so early, so often, that she is highly unlikely - no matter how highly Nigel thinks of her - to win the top spot as determined by the voters.
    She is, nethertheless, in my opinion an extremely good dancer, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her end up perhaps in someway on DWTS somewhere down the line.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Wow! Jasmine and Aaron not in the bottom? I bet judges would have sent the stiffies home if they did. They were also the worst last night, i still cant believe why people are voting for these guys. Should have eliminated Jasmine when they had the chance but I dont think Aaron has ever seen the bottom...ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Wow! Jasmine and Aaron not in the bottom? I bet judges would have sent the stiffies home if they did. They were also the worst last night, i still cant believe why people are voting for these guys. Should have eliminated Jasmine when they had the chance but I dont think Aaron has ever seen the bottom...ridiculous!
    I voted for both of them, even last night. I don't think either one of them had a great night, but I think Jasmine is a wonderful dancer and I like Aaron even if he isn't as technical as dancers like Tucker.
    joni65 likes this.

Jasmine and Aaron both make me smile, they are so passionate about dance. I am glad they have made it as far as they have
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree - Jasmine just is wonderful in my opinion (have I mentioned before how in awe I am of her legs ), and there's something about Aaron that just draws me in when he dances. He didn't start out in my favorites, but he has grown a lot on this show. As someone posted earlier, it's amazing that he almost didn't make the top 20. I'm so glad he did. For a tapper, he has shown enormous range. He definitely has a commanding presence when he is on stage.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I guess you're right about Jasmine being too tall to partner with Mark....I was just thinking more in terms of how she would dance the piece as opposed to Jenna, I wasn't really taking into consideration the fact she'd be dancing it with Mark. But I still think with her legs, pelvis, and all her angles, Jasmine would have been perfection....maybe just with a taller partner Jenna just didn't do it for me

But we are definitely on the same page with Amy and Travis...Love love love love indeed!
    I discur (or is it disconcur?). The staccato rhythm is Jasmine's weakness. She's not as good when getting it down and dirty just like that number with Twitch. You are at a disadvantage if you are tall and lanky and dance hip-hop (or whatever that was that Mark choreographed which is a mixture of hiphop, jazz, modern, world and bollywood), because you need short quick movements. She could never outdance Jenna with that number with Mark. I will not be surprised if she is eliminated next week but she has many fans for some reason which is odd because Amy, Jenna, and Haley are better than her. She is overrated. All she's going for now are her long legs.
    Florimel likes this.

Who is John Galt?

I am disappointed Tucker went home, but I agree Jenna was the one to go. Fikshun, cute as he is, should not have been the one saved. He is more limited than Tucker, but Tucker is not a fan favorite and has been in the bottom several times. I agree that Aaron is one of the weaker dancers and not particularly versatile, but he is an excellent partner due to his size and strength. But Aaron is a fan favorite - soooo . . he may just win (I hope not). Paul remains at the top of the heap for the guys and has no contest with Fiksun and Aaron, but it doesn't mean he'll win. My favorite girl is the tiny one who danced with Dimitri (the hunk). Jasmine is limited by her size and looks awkward in some dances.
    jammyjoe and sparklete like this.

We all see dance differently .Whoever wins this, will deserve it imho. The others are all going on tour, they are happy for one another. I intend to be happy whomever wins - because I too love dance, all kinds.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Amy and Travis' routine was my favorite of the night. I could take or leave Jasmine - I don't think she's all that great, there are better dancers. Love Aaron though. I was sad to see Jenna and Tucker go. It's hard at this point in the competition to see any of them go.
    Florimel and Hyper like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I don't think a guy will win this year. This is my overall ordering of the final group, from top to bottom based on who I like (not strictly technical ability):

Amy
    Jasmine
    Fik-shun
    Aaron
    Paul
    Hayley
    NFL1 and Arielflies like this.

+ Reply to Thread