+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 8/20 SYTYCD 10: Top 8 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/20 SYTYCD 10: Top 8 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    It seemed like the All Stars were supposed to choreograph the routines as well as dance with the contestants. Are they really expected to be choreographers? If choreographers created the routines they probably would have been a little better. As it was, Travis Wall and Comfort's routines were the only ones memorable to me.
    It surprised me as well that they had the All Stars doing the choreography for this episode. I cannot recall them doing this previously. I imagine when they rounded up All Stars for this show they specifically looked for former contestants that had an interest in designing the routine as well as executing it. I thought it was interesting, even if I didn't love all the routines. Travis and Mark were BY FAR the standouts for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    I love this show, but I've completely lost interest in this season. Not sure if it's the dancers or choreographers, but nothing has wowed me this season.
    I am sad to hear this, its been one of the better seasons for me. I have really enjoyed it, and look forward to tomorrow
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If they are only crowning one winner, then why do they send a boy and a girl home each week after Top 10? If they aren't dancing with each other (therefore needing an even amount of male/female) why can't we vote for our favorites no matter what the gender is? They make such a big deal of "America's FAVORITE Dancer", then so what if our top 5 favorites are all girls or all boys? Once they start dancing with the All-Stars they don't need an even amount of boys and girls, so why not just send home the 2 'worst' (using that word for lack of a better one) for that week?

ETA: And I really love Amy- think she's the best one and will win this thing- but wasn't it a bit too obvious that the current fan favorite gets the favorite choreographer and the pimp spot in the dance line-up? I also thought the Jasmine/Twitch thing wasn't too random either.
    zookeepertx likes this.

FORT Fogey

They have tried the bottom two regardless of gender before, and didn't really work. The girls left the show pretty quickly is what I recall.

I think Amy is our winner, but I have no idea about who is joining her in the finale. I loved Fikshun & Allison (his little face was so adorable when he thought he was going home). I had fun with Aaron & Chelsie's routine as well as Twitch & Jasmine. I had no idea Courtney was dealing with MS; how cruel for a dancer. She put a nice routine together for she and Tucker. Paul did what Comfort asked him to do, and it was decent. Amy & Travis were just lovely, and Mark & Jenna were "Mark."

The right folks went home because this competition is about America's favorite dancer. The dancers that are left are clearly the favorites this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    If they are only crowning one winner, then why do they send a boy and a girl home each week after Top 10?
    YES!! This is what I keep thinking!
    Maybaybie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    It surprised me as well that they had the All Stars doing the choreography for this episode. I cannot recall them doing this previously. I imagine when they rounded up All Stars for this show they specifically looked for former contestants that had an interest in designing the routine as well as executing it. I thought it was interesting, even if I didn't love all the routines. Travis and Mark were BY FAR the standouts for me!!
    Absolutely loved this concept and I hope Nigel keeps doing it if he has the chance. (Ratings really down this season) Travis was going to do something spectacular no question about it, and Mark is the break out choreographer. I am sure he'll get a lot of work using those skills. The others probably weren't as wonderful, but to get a national stage to showcase their potential was awesome. I think Allison has potential, Dmitry has already had an Emmy nom, and maybe Twitch and Courtney need to do better.

+ Reply to Thread