+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 8/13 SYTYCD 10: Top 10 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/13 SYTYCD 10: Top 10 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by easycinderella View Post
    I have exactly the same order as you do for both the guys and girls. So maybe we have America's order here? When do the judges stop getting the final vote? I thought that was top 10.
    As much as I'd like to think we have "America's order", I'm too pessimistic to really think so!

I thought the judges had the final vote right up to the finale, and then the fans decide the winner.

I may have to rain on your "America's order" parade just a bit

I am loving Jasmine...she can do no wrong in my book. Nigel isn't kidding when he says she's got legs that go on forever. Jenna's ok, but I don't see where all the judge/choreographer love comes from. I thought MacKenzie should have stayed. Heck, I'd have kept her over Hayley too (though she is growing on me). Hopefully Jenna leaves next. Amy was originally one of my favorites, but I'm not sure now. Honestly, as long as Jasmine makes final 2 girls, at this point I'm ok with either Amy or Hayley as #2 (I would not have thought I'd be saying that at the start of the season!!).

I'm in a similar boat with the guys...Fik-shun has been my favorite for awhile, but Aaron is really starting to grow on me. But yeah...Tucker/Paul are pretty much interchangeable for me. I'm ok with both of them leaving in the next two shows, and don't really care which order they leave in.

And just as a final comment....I would watch Kathryn dance the Hokey-Pokey. I think she is an exquisite dancer and she never fails to move me. She is without a doubt my all time favorite SYTYCD contestant. I'm so glad to see her back again as an All Star
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I saw those eliminations coming a mile away and I don't believe Nigel one bit about "being outvoted". He's clearly got a favorite in Jenna, he just keeps saving her without asking for solos. And the way he talks to Fik-Shun just sounds like he's eager for a chance that Fik-Shun ends up in the danger zone so he can get rid of him. He's made it blatantly clear that his favorites among the guys are Aaron and Paul. My mom adores Paul, he's her favorite, and it's annoying how she won't stop gushing for him. I know he's good, but he bores me, I see no personality from him, and I still find it unfair that he's already won a SYTYCD. Might not be this version, but he won one nevertheless, that's an unfair advantage over others.

And am I the only one who saw some similarities between NappyTabs' hip-hop routine for Nico and Comfort last night to the routine danced by Fanny Pak in season 2 of America's Best Dance Crew, to the exact same Missy Elliott song?
    zookeepertx likes this.

Who is John Galt?

Wow, I really do not agree with most on this site. I would NOT put Fik-shun (cute though he may be) or Aaron (a handsome sweetie-pie) at the top for the guys. Perhaps in personality and popularity, but not in dance ability, are they the best two of the guys. I think it should be flip-flopped - Paul at the top, then Tucker, followed by Aaron and Fik-shun at the bottom in dance ability. Had he not been eliminated, Nico would have been #3 behind Tucker. As for the girls, McKenzie was one of the best dancers and Jenna is probably the most versatile. But, the girls are closer aligned in dance ability than the guys. IMO, Jasmine carried Aaron and covered up his sometimes awkward dance moves by drawing the attention away from him. She should and probably will take the win. She is talented and gorgeous. Her only drawback is her size as she might be a little big for some guys to lift. Her dance with Marko didn't involve much lifting, so it is hard to tell. I like this show because it showcases really talented dancers, however, the popularity element can give the win to someone who isn't as gifted but has more personality. That part of it bothers me, but it is what it is and I still love it (however, last year I held my breath because a much much lesser dancer very nearly won it).
    Last edited by aname2; 08-14-2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    Florimel likes this.

I pretty much agree with you, aname, about this year and last. I'd put the guys in just about the same order you did,but probably not the girls. I think Jasmine is an excellent dancer, but so are Amy and Haley and MacKenzie (she should not have gone home). It's close to a toss-up among the four of them for me. Jasmine has fabulous legs, that's true, and it's pretty much what all the judges and choreographers talk about when it comes to her. There's more to dance than just legs.

What I do like most about this show is that in the long run, it doesn't much matter what the voters who don't know much about dance do. Choreographers all over the nation and the world are seeing them. They will have work for the good ones whether they finish first or twentieth.

I loved what Nigel said about Twitch having had to audition three times before they took him. That should certainly give hope to those who are sent home too soon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

I think the reason I don't have an issue with Paul having won someting before is that typically the ballroom dancers who come on this show have won national/international ballroom titles already, which means they have some degree of "professional" dance experience. And ballroom dancers may have an edge anyway since they tend to be well versed in more than one style of dance. AND for a show like this that emphasizes partner dancing, they have yet another edge.

Besides. A lot of dancers have dipped their toes into various styles before the show too, so Paul's experience really doesn't set him too far apart from the contemporary dancer who has taken ballet and jazz and tap classes and who krumps on weekends. Just because he did it on TV doesn't make him an expert, and just because he won in one country shouldn't disqualify him from the bigger stage.

Also, he's adorable. But that's besides the point (except it might factor into his votes!)
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I know he's good, but he bores me, I see no personality from him, and I still find it unfair that he's already won a SYTYCD. Might not be this version, but he won one nevertheless, that's an unfair advantage over others.
    Exactly my objections to him! If somebody who won one version of the show can compete, then former non-winners on this version (or eliminated for injury *Alex Wong*) should be allowed to come compete again!
    Bet2Win and mesachick like this.

FORT Fogey

Next week's bottom 2 in both the guys and gals should prove interesting. They are now all either very technically good...loaded with personality, or very versatile. Jenna, Amy, and Jasmine have already been in the bottom. The elimination could be anybody.
    Although logic will sometimes blow you out of the saddle, logic would tell you that it is going to be Jenna.....
    Will Haley take a turn in the bottom? If not, then I would begin to keep an eye on Haley! She indeed might be "the dark horse" going down the home stretch.

Tucker has been in the bottom twice: once for a stiffly performed hip-hop routine and once for a default injury. The other 3 guys - Paul, Fik-shun, and Aaron - have avoided the bottom. However, Tucker and his all-star, Robert, performed a highly emotional Travis Wall routine that might have resonated with a lot of viewers and gained him enough votes to keep him out of the bottom.
    Either way, at least one and maybe two of the three guys who have not previously been in the bottom will find themselves in that unenviable position next week, and we may begin to get a better idea of how this thing is headed.
    inthegarden and sparklete like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBullet View Post
    I think the reason I don't have an issue with Paul having won someting before is that typically the ballroom dancers who come on this show have won national/international ballroom titles already, which means they have some degree of "professional" dance experience. And ballroom dancers may have an edge anyway since they tend to be well versed in more than one style of dance. AND for a show like this that emphasizes partner dancing, they have yet another edge.

Besides. A lot of dancers have dipped their toes into various styles before the show too, so Paul's experience really doesn't set him too far apart from the contemporary dancer who has taken ballet and jazz and tap classes and who krumps on weekends. Just because he did it on TV doesn't make him an expert, and just because he won in one country shouldn't disqualify him from the bigger stage.

Also, he's adorable. But that's besides the point (except it might factor into his votes!)
    I just think he's a very good dancer. But as good as Aaron? I love Aaron ,and I love Fik-Shun- and after last week Tucker. They all have a shot to win this

I am just very glad I am not judging or voting
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Next week's bottom 2 in both the guys and gals should prove interesting. They are now all either very technically good...loaded with personality, or very versatile. Jenna, Amy, and Jasmine have already been in the bottom. The elimination could be anybody.
    Although logic will sometimes blow you out of the saddle, logic would tell you that it is going to be Jenna.....
    Will Haley take a turn in the bottom? If not, then I would begin to keep an eye on Haley! She indeed might be "the dark horse" going down the home stretch.

Tucker has been in the bottom twice: once for a stiffly performed hip-hop routine and once for a default injury. The other 3 guys - Paul, Fik-shun, and Aaron - have avoided the bottom. However, Tucker and his all-star, Robert, performed a highly emotional Travis Wall routine that might have resonated with a lot of viewers and gained him enough votes to keep him out of the bottom.
    Either way, at least one and maybe two of the three guys who have not previously been in the bottom will find themselves in that unenviable position next week, and we may begin to get a better idea of how this thing is headed.
    I agree.

I feel that the partnership of Aaron and Jasmine is what has helped both of them progress as far as they have in the competition.
    Not taking away from Aaron's talent as a dancer, in my opinion, he had another good partnership with Kathryn. I love to watch her dance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast