+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 8/6 SYTYCD 10: Top 12 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/6 SYTYCD 10: Top 12 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

All I can say is that I was so happy to see Alex Wong FINALLY return to the show after two (or three) seasons and dance. He's showing us what might've been had he not had to leave due to injury. I'm hoping he is one of the all-stars that dance with the top 10 dancers of this season. Still cute as a button and a fantastic dancer.

I liked all the dances, but I do think it odd they had Tucker dance when he wasn't going to dance in the performances. He's still automatically in danger next week too, so while I do think it's fair in a way I don't think it's fair (though admittedly the Paso Doble has a lot of stomping that could affect an infected knee). The four dance for their life dances... THAT is called dancing for your life.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Again, Fik-Shun continues to make me smile, and sell every dance he is given.
    When Cyrus was on, I was so annoyed that they seemed to throw crumping or hip-hopping into EVERY dance for him, because that was all he seemed to know. But Fik-Shun has just advanced amazingly well. While watching last night I was thinking, "Do NOT put hip-hop into that Viennese Waltz!!!" And they didn't, and he rose to the occasion. So impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Tucker got an infection in his knee??? How does that even happen without some kind of injury to start it off?

This season is going to be known as "The Dancing Wounded" pretty soon!
    I had an infection in my knee once when I was younger. I had no injury and no idea where it came from - it just showed up one day while I was at work.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Absolute agree about Kenny Ortega. Talk about qualified to judge! What a difference between him and the last two pathetic guest judges.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Who is John Galt?

I do not understand why people on this board do not like Paul. He is a wonderful dancer and the fact that he is a Latin Ballroom dancer and not a contemporary dancer just makes him more outstanding in my eyes.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I do not understand why people on this board do not like Paul. He is a wonderful dancer and the fact that he is a Latin Ballroom dancer and not a contemporary dancer just makes him more outstanding in my eyes.
    For me it's because it isn't a fair fight. The rest of the contestants are doing dances outside of their genres for the first time. Paul won SYTYCD, therefore, he's more on par with the All Stars, the majority of whom didn't win their seasons either, but are considered All Stars because they were schooled in other genres during their season.

Who is John Galt?

But he won SYTYCD in Armenia. I really doubt that the competition in that area was on par with that in the U.S. The same thing happens on the Voice, which accepts and picks people who have been on the Voice in other countries. I was on a river cruise in Europe, and in our room they aired dancing and singing shows with the same title as those in the U.S., but there was no comparison. The production was amateurish (although funny in some cases) and the talent was no where near the level of American shows. We have a much larger pool to draw from. If the majority of voters feel that he has an unfair advantage, then he won't win. Personally, I think ballet dancers have an advantage over those trained in other genres because their genre is the most intense and difficult to master. Also, male ballet dancers in particular have far more experience at lifting their partners and are usually physically stronger in their musculature.
    Last edited by aname2; 08-07-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    But he won SYTYCD in Armenia. I really doubt that the competition in that area was on par with that in the U.S. The same thing happens on the Voice, which accepts and picks people who have been on the Voice in other countries. I was on a river cruise in Europe, and in our room they aired dancing and singing shows with the same title as those in the U.S., but there was no comparison. The production was amateurish (although funny in some cases) and the talent was no where near the level of American shows. We have a much larger pool to draw from. If the majority of voters feel that he has an unfair advantage, then he won't win. Personally, I think ballet dancers have an advantage over those trained in other genres because their genre is the most intense and difficult to master. Also, male ballet dancers in particular have far more experience at lifting their partners and are usually physically stronger in their musculature.
    I don't have a problem with Paul or his winning before.You only need look on you tube at some of the other countries, and, as you say, they look amateurish. I wish him well, his passion is dance, in whatever country he is in.
    Florimel and sparklete like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So You Think You Can Dance: Sonya Tayeh and Mandy Jo Moore, Napoleon D’umo and Travis Wall. All have been nominated for an Emmy. Well done!!
    SpringMaiden27 and sparklete like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Loved everything on this episode! I want this Top 12 to dance every week, can we have that? Hated to see Malece and Alan eliminated, and they took it so hard Amy & Fikshun had me in tears, Nico & Hayley were stunning, Makenzie & Paul were effortless, Aaron & Jasmine were fast/hot/fun, and Jenna & Alex were magnificent. I liked the distinctly masculine and feminine group dances. It really highlighted how great this Top 12 is. There are no weak links this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast