+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 7/30 SYTYCD 10: Top 14 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/30 SYTYCD 10: Top 14 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Nigel mentioned Eliana, who didn't connect with the audience and they liked her( she won) I think he's hoping McKenzie will eventually connect - I don't think he sees her as a winner.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I disagreed with some stuff regarding last night. The first being Malece. I have lived in Puerto Rico all my life, I have seen salsa all my life, andd I have to say it, she was horrible in that routine. Seriously, the worst of the night, by far, I thought she danced that very badly. I also can't relate to her, I don't feel as much personality from her as I feel from others. Same with Paul, Nico and Jenna, even though they're so good, I just don't get anything from then in regards to personality.

I also don't understand at all what this thing about Amy and Fik-Shun's "cute personality" thing being used too much. They haven't always done that. They've had three cute routines, yes, but they've also had two routines were they had to be serious and powerful, and they pulled it off.

This season just feels really off with Nigel. I never liked him, but ever since Jasmine being eliminated second, I have been mad as hell and his decisions keep making little sense to me.

I generally agree with most of Nigel's assessments. When it comes to dance, he knows what he's talking about. McKenzie should not be constantly at the bottom. She is as good as many of them and better than most.

I also agree that the group dance showed us the flaws in Fik-Shun's technique. I like him and hope he continues to go far, but there are things that need a lot of improvement. I hope he can learn what he needs to learn in time. Cyrus lasted way too long last season, but I think Fik-Shun is better and has more potential.

Whoever that third judge was, she contributed nothing but a little humor. It was clear she is not qualified to judge dance. I wish they'd go back to using real dancers and choreographers, like Adam Shankman, as guest judges. They at least give the dancers some real suggestions on what they need to work on.
    Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I generally agree with most of Nigel's assessments. When it comes to dance, he knows what he's talking about. McKenzie should not be constantly at the bottom. She is as good as many of them and better than most.

I also agree that the group dance showed us the flaws in Fik-Shun's technique. I like him and hope he continues to go far, but there are things that need a lot of improvement. I hope he can learn what he needs to learn in time. Cyrus lasted way too long last season, but I think Fik-Shun is better and has more potential.

Whoever that third judge was, she contributed nothing but a little humor. It was clear she is not qualified to judge dance. I wish they'd go back to using real dancers and choreographers, like Adam Shankman, as guest judges. They at least give the dancers some real suggestions on what they need to work on.
    I love Adam when he is a judge. I also enjoy Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and Christina Applegate has given good advice The one last night shouldn't have been there . I also agree with Nigel most of them time, he gets tons of feedback from the choreographers, he doesn't make the decisions on his own.
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love Adam when he is a judge. I also enjoy Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and Christina Applegate has given good advice The one last night shouldn't have been there . I also agree with Nigel most of them time, he gets tons of feedback from the choreographers, he doesn't make the decisions on his own.
    I'm in complete agreement with you about Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Christina Applegate. Both have danced in musical theater and both gave good, constructive critiques.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I find that I am really enjoying it when the choreographers dance. I enjoyed the guy who danced in the group, and Leonardo - wow! I am with Mary...I want to dance with him, and I could no more perform that dance than I could fly to the moon! I felt that same way about the late Patrick Swayze every time I saw him in any kind of Dirty Dancing clip or even in a more classical ballet with a little modern piece with his wife that I once found on the internet. Leonardo also puts me in mind of Maks on DWTS when he seriously dances with one of the other pros. The charisma just oozes out of all 3 of those male dancers when they dance or danced in Patrick Swayze's case.
    NFL1 likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I agree about the guest judges lately. Anna Kendrick was just ok this week, but she was tons and tons better than last week's guest judge - Carly Rae Jepsen. What a waste of a judging chair - ugh.

I wasn't shocked to see Curtis go home. I thought after last week that he would be on thin ice, but then he turns up injured and I immediately knew he'd be the one going. With the girls, out of the three that were in the bottom, Alexis was the correct choice to go home. I don't know why McKenzie has been in the bottom three - I love her. I am looking forward to seeing Hayley and Nico paired together next week!

As much as I love Tucker and Jenna - their routine last night was just bad. They just went through the motions and pretty poorly at that.

Everyone else was pretty good. Amy and Fik-shun are still my favorite pair.

The group numbers were both really good!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I absolutely hate that they're having celebrity guest judges who obviously know nothing about dance and have nothing to add. I don't mind someone like Christina Applegate, who actually had sometimes better feedback than Nigel and Mary. Whose idea was it to go with celebrities instead of the choreographers, I wonder. It was a bad choice.
    Florimel likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree about the guest judges lately. Anna Kendrick was just ok this week, but she was tons and tons better than last week's guest judge - Carly Rae Jepsen. What a waste of a judging chair - ugh.

I wasn't shocked to see Curtis go home. I thought after last week that he would be on thin ice, but then he turns up injured and I immediately knew he'd be the one going. With the girls, out of the three that were in the bottom, Alexis was the correct choice to go home. I don't know why McKenzie has been in the bottom three - I love her. I am looking forward to seeing Hayley and Nico paired together next week!

As much as I love Tucker and Jenna - their routine last night was just bad. They just went through the motions and pretty poorly at that.

Everyone else was pretty good. Amy and Fik-shun are still my favorite pair.

The group numbers were both really good!
    I really like Tucker, and I like his backstory, but he literally just couldn't get down(ha!) like he needed to for a hip-hop. Nigel nailed it when he said that Tucker was "too upright". Also, Tucker is extremely clean-cut looking, and just doesn't have any kind of hip hop look at all. Jenna did better, but as a pair, they couldn't pull it off, and I bet both of them end up in the bottom next week. I kind of felt sorry for their choreographer. He looked disapointed as though he thought they were going to be able to pull an otherwise good choreography off.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Who is John Galt?

They got it right this week sending the two tappers home. They were the weakest of the group. I agree with someone who said they were upset with the decision to send the other Jasmine home. I thought that was a BIG mistake (it should have been the girl tapper). She and Alan were terrific together and he is too big for Malece (however, I think he also is a better dancer than she is and that shows too). I like Paul and Makenzie. I think they are one of the strongest couples in technique and have great chemistry. Aaron and Jasmine have terrific chemistry, but I don't think they are that precise in their technique and have been a big messy at times. I was shocked that she was in the bottom three though. Yes, Fikshun and Amy are adorable (he is very adaptable). Personally, I think Jenna and Tucker are terrific in technique, but their chemistry is a little weak. On a personal level, I miss dancing myself (I was trained in contemporary dance although we called it "modern dance" in the olden days) so now I just enjoy watching really good dancers do what they do best.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast