+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 7/30 SYTYCD 10: Top 14 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/30 SYTYCD 10: Top 14 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Geez, that was a fast & cold elimination! Didn't SEEM like the judges' (Nigel) had much of an emotional attachment!

Good for Curtis; going out with class! Well, both of them, really.
    So both the tappers have gone.I think they were running out of time, we saw two group dances .Other than Aaron/Jasmine Amy/Fik-Sun the others can go home imho.
    see ya zoo!
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 07-30-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    zookeepertx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So both the tappers have gone.I think they weer running out of time, we saw two group dances .Other than Aaron/Jasmine Amy/Fik-Sun the others can go home imho.
    see ya zoo!
    The group routines were close, but I think the 2nd group had a little bit of an edge over the 1st.
    See ya next time!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

On the first group dance, did I understand Nigel to compare Nico unfavorably to the pro choreographer who was dancing with the group????
    The Giving Tree is a wonderful children's book with the most beautiful theme of love and giving until there's nothing left to give, but honest to Pete, I think the only thing I could see in that dance of the book was the tree and the apple. The rest of it didn't make it into the dance..... Aaron and Jasmine are always good, though, regardless.
    Fik-shun and Amy just steal the show, but like Nigel said, I wonder too what is going to happen when they have to dance something other than character parts.
    That Argentine Tango with Haley and the choreographer was splendid. That just sizzled.....
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

My favorite routines tonight were Amy/Fik-shun and Haley with the choreographer. I know there will be folks who say "That's not fair, she should've had to work with a previous competitor..."

I can see their point, but I have to say I disagree because she has to perform with someone who has been in the industry longer, so she would be compared harsher and any error would be seen more clearly. She was stunning (and that was probably one of my all time favorite salsa/tango outfits - it was relatively modest for those dresses and she looked beautiful in it).

Amy and Fik-shun in fairness to them, they have to dance what the choreographers give them. Hopefully they will have a choreographer this next time who will show them for their dancing and not characters. I think they can work around that issue.

Alexis and Curtis went out with class - I think they both knew it was their time, as both had been in the bottom a few times. Curtis probably knew even faster when they didn't do a dance for your life for the guys. I preferred Alexis' solo, but I love tap admittedly. It was interesting to me though the ones who seemed sadder were the ones who stayed, but in a way that shows great sportsmanship - happy they're there but sad for their competitors knowing how tough this season's competition is. Winners from previous seasons would have a challenge against some of these dancers IMHO.

Amy and Fik-shun in fairness to them, they have to dance what the choreographers give them. Hopefully they will have a choreographer this next time who will show them for their dancing and not characters. I think they can work around that issue
    I hope they are given something that stretches their abilities. I know Amy will be fine, I want to see Fik-Shun. They are so sweet.I saw them dance again, they made their routine look much simpler than it was.
    -Andy Rooney-

Fik-Shun has so much natural rhythm, he makes everything look easy. I don't understand Nigel, he criticizes others for not embodying the character, and criticizes Fik-Shun for capturing the character to perfection. I don't give a rat's patootie, Nigel, I love, love, love watching him.

And Aaron, I just love that man. He touches my heart with his dancing.
    zookeepertx likes this.

I don't understand why Nigel keeps sending MacKenzie out of the bottom 3. It is America's Favorite Dancer, and obviously "America" isn't in love with her, even though she is a fabulous dancer. I guess he can only save her so long before he doesn't get a vote.

I love how sometimes the judges think the viewing audience is stupid. Nigel told the bottom 3 boys (something to the effect of) "We already know how you all dance, so we don't need to see it again tonight", when in reality what he meant was: "we already know we are sending Curtis home and he is injured and can't dance for his life, so that would throw a monkey wrench into our plans if we had to pretend like those DFYL dances really mean anything".

I think Leonardo danced with Haley (and Spencer danced during the group number) because Curtis was injured too late in the week for anyone else to learn the routine. Usually they get an all-star to stand in, but it would seem that wasn't possible this week. I do think Haley danced her Tango beautifully, however I would beg to differ that if Curtis had been her partner than it wouldn't have looked nearly as beautiful, just because Leonardo was the one who choreographed it and is an expert at that style. Interesting that Nigel harped and harped on Curtis about his shoulders last week and this week he turns up with a shoulder injury. I guess he was trying to work on that weakness of his and hurt himself in the process.

I think Jasmine and Aaron dance wonderfully together, but there is some kind-of disconnect with her- I just don't feel her dancing. Maybe others feel the same and that's why she was in the bottom this week- or maybe it was that no one picks up the phone for the Quickstep.

Amy and Fik-shun are adorable, but I agree with Nigel that the 'cute factor' will wear off at some point. I hope next week's choreographer gives them a little something they can sink their teeth into and that shows a bit more emotional range for them. I look forward to Top 10 when (hopefully) they get paired with all-stars and we can switch up the partners.

I wasn't a fan of Mackenzie and Paul's dance. It was danced fine, but the 'crotch in face' moments don't do it for me either. I am often surprised that with the lack of clothing worn in some of these dances that there aren't more wardrobe malfunctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Fik-Shun has so much natural rhythm, he makes everything look easy. I don't understand Nigel, he criticizes others for not embodying the character, and criticizes Fik-Shun for capturing the character to perfection. I don't give a rat's patootie, Nigel, I love, love, love watching him.

And Aaron, I just love that man. He touches my heart with his dancing.
    I think Nigel was saying, that all we have seen is these two as little characters The bell hops etc. I agree with him - strip away all that and just lets see them dance( like Aaron and Jasmine) He loves this couple, so do the choregraphers, so jmho - I don't think he was putting Fik-Shun down.
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    On the first group dance, did I understand Nigel to compare Nico unfavorably to the pro choreographer who was dancing with the group????
    The Giving Tree is a wonderful children's book with the most beautiful theme of love and giving until there's nothing left to give, but honest to Pete, I think the only thing I could see in that dance of the book was the tree and the apple. The rest of it didn't make it into the dance..... Aaron and Jasmine are always good, though, regardless.
    Fik-shun and Amy just steal the show, but like Nigel said, I wonder too what is going to happen when they have to dance something other than character parts.
    That Argentine Tango with Haley and the choreographer was splendid. That just sizzled.....
    Nigel and Mary both said there eye went to the pro choreographer (Spencer), so did mine .It was Mary that said - she thought Nico looked a little weak.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I don't understand why Nigel keeps sending MacKenzie out of the bottom 3. It is America's Favorite Dancer, and obviously "America" isn't in love with her, even though she is a fabulous dancer. I guess he can only save her so long before he doesn't get a vote.
    Nigel especially has been high on Mckenzie and Jenna since the Vegas auditions. He and Mary have repeatedly spoken of her "technique". He has commented on her costumes a couple of times, and last night he mentioned her beauty. He made the remark that a couple of past season contestants ( of whom I am not familiar) were also in the bottom 3 which made me think they must have gone on to win or gotten close and that he is hoping that if he can save (keep) Mackenzie on long enough, the fans will begin to know her better enough to start voting for her.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast