+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 7/2 SYTYCD 10 Top 20 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/2 SYTYCD 10 Top 20 Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

I really liked Carlos/Mariah's dance; sad to see him go tonight. I don't ever "get" the story of these dances; if I didn't hear them tell us what it was about, I'd have NO clue, just trying to understand from the dance. However, I thought this was beautiful!
    Shoepie and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Also, is it just me or, while they were receiving judges comments, did Mariah look a lot older than she really is?

Amy/Fik-shun with NappyTabs. Fik-shun looks like a pre-teen boy in this outfit. Man, he's young. They, the judges, better make comments about how neither one of these dancers are "hitting it hard". I think this is a good routine but the dancers are not doing a good job with it. For once, I don't blame the choreographers.

Since so many routines were horrible tonight, they will be safe.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Well I'm even more annoyed by the up front eliminations after watching the routines tonight. It just seems ridiculous that they couldn't take tonight's performances into consideration.

Carlos & Mariah did a beautiful job, but I thought the Bollywood by Jade & Malece was one of the low points of the night so far. If they had done eliminations at the end, would Jade be going home instead of Carlos? Furthermore, I thought the critique for Carlos & Mariah was incredibly awkward. Mariah deserved every bit of praise, but she had to take it knowing Carlos was going home.
    zookeepertx likes this.

Well you can def tell who the judges favorites are...

I have enjoyed the routines tonight but have one quibble. I really get irritated with these judges saying that they are sorry to see someone go to tonight when they could have saved the better dancer over the other person. yes we were the ones you chose the bottom six, however, the judges chose who they eliminated.

I feel that way with Jade being saved over Carlos. They were talking about how did Jade had to do all these improvements, but tell Carlos that he is doing really good and and they will miss him. I will say however Mariah and her spot to stay for another week though I did like Britney a little bit better.

Jenna/Tucker with Cha Cha and Dmitry.

Is Jenna the one with the Benji/Lacey connection?

This is sultry without going to that tacky stripper place that the other routines did. Those other choreographers need to take note, this is how to do sexy. I like it, Tucker is holding his own.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Overall I'm disappointed with tonights show.

Wow, the forum is lagging like crazy. It's the forum, I have other windows open and my other sites aren't taking 5 minutes to load.

What a lackluster, tacky, overly sexualized, boring night. What has happened to our show? I hope they straighten this mess out for next week. I'm extremely disappointed. Maybe when I watch it again tomorrow, I'll have a different take on it. I think I will fast forward past the awful elimination and just watch the dances.

Best of the night were Jasmine/Alan, Nico/Alexis, Mariah/Carlos, and Jenna/Tucker although their dances weren't OMG awesome but the rest were so bad that these floated to the top.

Disappointing night, I wonder if seeing people eliminated didn't affect the dancers and that's why the night was so bad? They just didn't seem all that happy.

I have to reiterate that I think the beginning elimination idea is dumb on top of being rather cruel. I think the judges should have the benefit of seeing their routine AND their solo before deciding eliminations. It almost seemed like they had decided before the show even started. I thought Carlos' solo was pretty outstanding. I'm not sure what else he could have done to avoid "disappointing" Nigel!

Haley & Curtis - I was glad my daughter was out of the room for that one. Sometimes I wish these choreographers would keep in mind that this is a family show. I found the rather aggressive butt grabbing while gyrating on the floor particularly inappropriate for this time slot. And some of her moves combined with the outfit.... just not the kind of example I want for my 8 year old daughter. Particularly when she's taking jazz lessons this fall!

Jasmine H & Aaron - I'm glad Nappy Tabs are back. I like them better than the other guy who does hip hop choreo regularly. I really enjoyed this routine and thought they executed it very well. I'm glad Aaron made the show, he seems like a great guy. However, at this point I feel like Jasmine has most of the strength in this pair. Hopefully he will grow to match her.

Malece & Jade - I didn't care for their Bollywood number. It felt frantic and it didn't feel like they were in control of it at all. I alao thought their costumes were overwhelming. All the fabric made it hard to see their movement well.

Alexis & Nico - When I was watching the recap I thought Alexis who? The routine was pretty I suppose, but not memorable for me.

Bluprint & Brittney - I think this is her name. She was cute in this routine. Bluprint seems like a nice guy, but he doesn't show much emotion during his routines and this was not so hot technically either. It just didn't seem like he was throwing his all into it.

Jasmine M & Alan - I agree that they had passion, but I thought the difficulty took some of the flow out of the number. It looked like hard work!

Makenzie & Paul - I wasn't surprised that she was in the bottom. This was a fun routine, but I don't find either one of them very memorable. Judging from the crowd reaction during the introductions at the top of the show, Paul is popular with the young ladies!

Mariah & Carlos - Mariah did a fantastic job. I enjoyed her contemporary more than her solo!

Amy & Fik-shun - They are still ADORABLE! They are definitely my fav pair at the moment!

Jenna & Tucker - I don't care for Tucker. Nothing he did, I just find something about him rather annoying. I think it started with his hair during the auditions. I don't know about Jenna. She is another one of those middle of the ground girls in this group for me.

+ Reply to Thread