+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 5/14 - 5/15 SYTYCD 10 Auditions

Re: 5/14 - 5/15 SYTYCD 10 Auditions

I didn't have a problem with him . I don't know if he is good enough to win, but why not try.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I say...let him dance around the world.

I have no problem with him seeing what he can do with a stronger dance base. He is an American living in the LA area, so he qualifies for the American experience in that respect.
    I don't have a problem with him because he isn't American. I have a problem with him because he's a former champion of another franchise of SYTYCD. All the other people competing this season haven't been in this competition before (presumably, anyway) so he would have an advantage over them, being at a completely different status. If he was from Armenia and came here to join the competition as a novice, I would have no problem with him. But he didn't just compete on the other SYTYCD---he won!! Like I said, I think he should be brought on as an All-Star to compete with other people who won their season instead of being thrown in with people who are new to this.
    Shoepie and zookeepertx like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu
    I don't like that the one guy won SYTYCD in another country and is now competing in this one. It seems to me that once he won the competition somewhere else, he shouldn't qualify to be in this one. Technically, he's an All-Star since he previously won the show. If he had wanted to compete in the US version, he should have done so instead of participating in the other.
    I tend to agree. A 'champion' on a show of the same name shouldn't be allowed to compete again no matter what the location.

Honestly speaking, I didn't even know Armenia had a SYTYCD of their own. I doubt that we'll have to worry about a two-time winner. He really wasn't that good.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I really like this Amy girl. I think that's her name, the one with the Jazz dad. Her smile is killer and her dancing nearly made me cry.
    Little Sew&Sew and sparklete like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fanatic

man.... severe weather here so can't watch anything but the radar maps tonight. so disappointed!!

Didn't know the show started up again. Missed last night's episode. So far my favorite is Prince Charming.

I loved seeing Twitch again - as a judge and a dancer.

I think we will see more of Amy, she was very good and her dancing dad- not to mention someone else's grandma who did gangnam style. The black guy, his name was Mo I think, he was wonderful..there is so so so much talent out there, Some of them never had a dance lesson, and the music just flows through them. I laughed at Mary blushing at the hip rolls in her um face.. the tap dancer was

I think the world would be happier place if everyone danced.

Dance like nobody's watching
    SpringMaiden27 and sparklete like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Nigel has had pretty much himself and Mary as the judges over the years. There is a third or fourth judge chair that allows some changes. So the judging has always been successful. Why could Nigel not capture that same lightness and joy in AI that he has in SYTYCD?
    Shoepie and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Nigel has had pretty much himself and Mary as the judges over the years. There is a third or fourth judge chair that allows some changes. So the judging has always been successful. Why could Nigel not capture that same lightness and joy in AI that he has in SYTYCD?
    Good question, when the judges on SYTYCD join in, its fun. When its all about the judges( like AI) its a turn off, there has to be a middle somewhere
    -Andy Rooney-

Because Nigel is in front of the camera on SYTYCD. Maybe he should be in front on AI also!

The first 2 episodes were great, so much talent. I love Twitch and the ginger (great sense of humor) as guest judges and also getting to see Twitch dance again.

I appreciated the fact that there weren't any really horrible contestants. Well, the one chubby beat boy with the baby head was there kind of as a joke, but he was actually very compelling to watch.

My favorites are always the street dancers. This show is a great way to learn about different local dance styles like Detroit's git.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast