+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: SYTYCD Season 10 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

SYTYCD Season 10 Pool

So You Think You Can Dance Pool

Iíll be running a pool for this season of So You Think You Can Dance. I havenít done one for this show before so I might need to add or change points categories as we go along but Iíll keep everyone informed if I do so. Weíll have to wait until we know who the top 20 are going to be before we can choose our teams. As usual, youíll get to see all contestants dance in the first week of competition and then need to get your team submitted before the second week of competition. Iíll post the deadline when I know what it will be.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, if youíd like an avatar for your pool team, you can request one here! First come, first served. Tell me if there are any particular colors or anything you want in your avatar.

There will be 20 contestants. If itís like usual seasons, there will be 10 guys and 10 girls.

To register for the pool, youíll need to do the following:

1.) Choose a name for your dance troupe.
    This is what youíll call your dance team.

2.) Choose one girl and one guy to be your primary dancers.
    Theyíll earn double points for you.

3.) Choose two girls and two guys to be your secondary dancers.
    Theyíll earn single points for you.

4.) Choose a back-up girl and guy.
    When one of your other dancers is eliminated, your back-up dancer will be brought in to replace them. However, a female back-up dancer can only be used to replace a female primary or secondary dancer. Likewise, a male back-up dancer can only be used to replace a male primary or secondary dancer. Back-up dancers will not earn double points if theyíre replacing a primary dancer.

Hereís how your troupe will earn points for you.

Weekly points
    +10 points: Each week in competition

Judgement points
    -5 points: Low scores/ chosen to dance for their life
    -10 points: Eliminated
    0 points: Out due to injury/family emergency

Milestone points
    +10 points: Danced with an all-star
    +10 points: Made it to viewer voting rounds
    +10 points: Made it to final ten
    +10 points: Made it to finals

Season Finale points
    +30 points: Season 10 Winner
    +15 points: Runner-up

For your convenience, here's a registration form to copy and paste.

Name of Dance Troupe:
    Principal Girl:
    Secondary Girl 1:
    Secondary Girl 2:
    Back-up Girl:
    Principal Guy:
    Secondary Guy 1:
    Secondary Guy 2:
    Back-up Guy:
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-23-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Re: SYTYCD Season 10 Pool

I'm in. I assume that we won't have to choose until all auditions are complete and after they've had one week of real competition. Is that right?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

That's right, Florimel. That's pretty much standard procedure for my pools. I hate pools where you have to choose your team before you even see the contestants on the show so I like to give everyone one episode to see the contestants in action before making their picks. Plus, that allows me to fine-tune my scoring for the show and do a trial run of the scoresheet to make sure everything is set right.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

BTW, if anyone wants to register their team name early and get an avatar made for them, you can go ahead and do so and then add your team members later. I'll also be making avatars once the pool starts so you can wait if you prefer. I'll get the avatars done sooner this season so pool teams can use them longer in the season. I about waited too late in the Dancing With the Stars pool and the show was nearly done by the time I finished all the avatars.

I'm getting a preliminary scoresheet ready. Since I don't know the name of the contestants, I have them as girl1, guy1, etc for the moment and team names are temporarily set as AA, BB, CC, etc. When I get the contestant names and the team names, I can plug them into the scoresheet and be ready to go!

It's hard to wait for the audition phase to be over but it will come soon enough. I can't wait to see the contestants dance together!

I'm think I'll use Macavity's Miscreants (from Cats) for my team name.
    Hyper likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm interested! I'm glad Florimel asked the question that was buzzing around in my brain I hope this is a good season - I love SYTYCD but haven't ever done one of pikachu's pools

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Marlena, pikachu's pools are wonderful. They got me back to watching some shows I gave up on years ago just for the fun of playing.

After doing some prelimary work on the scoresheet, I decided that I initially didn't give people in the pool enough contestants for their teams so I asked a mod to change the first post in this thread. The way I had it before, you would have only had two active girl dancers and two male dancers, with one replacement for each and that didn't seem like enough! I added one girl and guy so you can have three girl and three guys on your team, with one replacement for each. I think that's a reasonable-sized team for the number of contestants.
    Florimel and Photobabe like this.

I'm not sure I'll watch it enough to know their names but if I do, I would love to join the pool . . . especially since I'm obviously so good at them. I'll come back if I do.
    Florimel likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I can see it now...Ilja with a shelf of last-place pool award trophys next to her computer desk, gazingly at them fondly in-between posting at the forum and continuing to add to her collection.
    Florimel and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast