+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: SYTYCD Season 10 Pool

Re: SYTYCD Season 10 Pool

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I can see it now...Ilja with a shelf of last-place pool award trophys next to her computer desk, gazingly at them fondly in-between posting at the forum and continuing to add to her collection.
    You know me so well, Pikachu!
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

According to TV Guide, next Tuesday is when the Top 20 will be chosen.

I assume that episode will only tell us who will be in the top 20 and they won't be dancing with each other just yet. If the first time they dance as partners is June 18th, then that will set the pool deadline at June 25th.

I'll let you know for sure when the final deadline is but until then, start thinking about who you might want on your pool team.
    Don't let the deadline go by and miss out on all the fun of joining the pool!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Of course I could be wrong but I don't think they'll reveal the top 20 next week. TV Guide is saying Vegas week and they're competing for a spot in the top 20... there's several rounds/genres to get thru and then all the (needless?) debating among the judges and then calling up the remaining folks for the final pronouncement. At best I can see them getting thru some/half of the top 20 but I think it's an awful lot to cram into a single 2hr show considering how uber-talented this year's Vegas group is.

I could be wrong though.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I think you may be right, Marlena. It will be awfully difficult to go from 200 to 20 in one week. I think I remember them getting to down to something like three groups of contestants. One group is all yes, one group is all no, and the third group they pick and choose from to fill the quota.

This is probably the hardest pool to pick our teams from because so much changes during the season. Some front runners don't grow, some lesser one get so much better, and so much depends on what the choreographers give them.
    Marlena_M and ilja like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I must have read the listing wrong before. I just checked again and the June 18th episode is titled "Meet the Top 20" so I guess that's when we'll know who made it through.

Sorry about that! I just want to give everyone enough warning of when the deadline is so they don't miss out on the pool. It's tough when a show includes auditions because then you don't know when the contestants will be selected and who will make it onto the show until the last minute.
    ilja likes this.

Pikachu you don't have to apologize for anything. We're just lucky that you voluntarily do this job seeing as you aren't getting any monetary rewards.

thank_you.gif
    Florimel, Marlena_M and mesachick like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Pikachu you don't have to apologize for anything. We're just lucky that you voluntarily do this job seeing as you aren't getting any monetary rewards.

Attachment 29120
    Hear hear! I concur completely! Nothing at all for you to apologize about!!!
    Florimel likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I think they mentioned at the end of the episode the top 20 will be picked and they will dance for the first time on the stage....I think they did that last season as well...

To clarify, Pikachu -- they said the top 20 would dance together for the first time next week (June 18). Does that mean we have until just before the June 25 broadcast to pick our teams? Thanks.
    ilja likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Whenever we find out who the top 20 is and get to see them dance together, the pool deadline will be the following week. I'll make an announcement when I know the deadline for sure.

+ Reply to Thread