+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: SYTYCD Season 10 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: SYTYCD Season 10 Pool

There won't be any scores this week. I'll wait until the finale next week to give the finalists their bonus points for making it to the end, extra points for dancing with all-stars again, and to give winning points to the top guy and girl.

I have the SYTYCD 10 Pool Award and the Wooden Doll Award ready to go. I just need to work on the awards presentation.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

So You Think You Can Dance Awards Show

Welcome to the So You Think You Can Dance 10 Pool Finale and Awards Ceremony!

This season, 18 dance troupes got the call to Vegas to compete for the trophy. Our teams were:

2Buck Crew, managed by Cornholio
    Bransle Co. , managed by hmauterson
    Dance, Dance, Dance, managed by SpringMaiden27
    Dancing Dilemma, managed by inthegarden
    Destined to Dance, managed by Fanny Mare
    Golden Dancers, managed by NFL1
    Happy Toes, managed by Photobabe
    Hollywood Hoofers, managed by Tigerusty
    JLuvs Jitterbugs, managed by JLuvs
    Kool Cat Krew, managed by xmaskat
    MacCavity’s Miscreants, managed by Florimel
    MAC’s Shimmy Shack, managed by Maybaybie
    Shooting Stars, managed by Marlena_M
    Symbiosis Beatz, managed by mesachick
    The Chill E Beings, managed by ilja
    The Flaming Twirlers, managed by Harmony2000
    The Hot Tamale Train, managed by pikachu
    Tiger Dancers, managed by Hyper

The evening starts with the pool contestants getting up to perform a routine choreographed by Nappy Tabs. There’s the easy version, which involves shuffling your feet, raising your hands, and yelling “Hey!” when cued by the producers. The intermediate version is part ballroom, part line dance, with a few turns thrown in. The advanced version includes lifts, splits, and flips. The Flaming Twirlers accidentally burn the Tiger Dancers’ tails, who are performing a backward somersault in the row behind them, and Happy Toes get their cheerful digits stepped on more than once but overall there are no mortal injuries and everyone has a good time.

Adam Shankman gets the honor of announcing the third place team.

“With a grand total of 975 points, third place goes to … Dance, Dance, Dance!”

The crowd cheers and SpringMaiden27 comes to the stage to get a handshake and a small bouquet of flowers.

Mary Murphy is up next to tell us which team came in second place.

“With a whopping 1,050 points, second place goes to…MacCavity’s Miscreants!”

Florimel waves and blows kisses on the way to the stage to accept a large bouquet of flowers and a ticket for one ride on the Hot Tamale Train (to be used after the awards show, of course).

Nigel Lythgoe then takes the stage to declare the 1st place winner and present them with their commemorative avatar.

“With 1,095, this dance troupe blew away the competition and earned their award for first place. Congratulations, Golden Dancers! You truly are golden.”

NFL1 tries to act surprised, then struts purposefully to the stage to accept their award, in the meantime pulling out a 3 page speech they prepared ahead of time “just in case”. However, they’re unable to give their speech as they’re showered with flower leis, flower wreaths, and copious amounts of flower petals falling from above. They barely manage to jump out of the way in time for a flower-laden float that has come to pick them up and lead a parade in their honor.

Cat Deeley gets to close the awards ceremony by announcing the winner of the Wooden Doll Award, the booby prize for coming in last in the So You Think You Can Dance pool.

“Nobody’s a loser in this pool. There were just 17 dance troupes that were better than you! The Wooden Doll Award is all yours. Come and get it, 2Buck Crew, and wear it with pride!”

I hope everyone enjoyed playing in the SYTYCD 10 pool as much as I enjoyed running it! Below are the scoresheets for the last episode.

Harmony2000, inthegarden and ilja like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

The posters in this thread all get up and applaud pikachu on a great season. The pool was so fun! for you

Congrats to all
    NFL1, Florimel, Hyper and 2 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yay!!!! Congrats to Golden Dancers and NFL from your runner up. MacCavity will even forego the natural inclination to purloin your award.

This was a wonderful season of So You Think You Can Dance. Many thanks to pikachu for running this wonderful pool.
    NFL1 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Very clever, creative, and entertaining announcement, pikachu. I enjoyed that!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Thanks pikachu!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Thanks, this was fun!

Thanks Pikachu....what a fun time! I bet you'll be having your hands full next week with the start of all the regular season Reality Shows...can't wait!

Congrats to the Golden Dancers!

Thanks pikachu for making this so much fun...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations to Dance, Dance, Dance!, MacCavity’s Miscreants! and especially the Golden Dancers! I don't know how I missed Blanche, Dorothy, Rose and in particular Sophia. I guess they were dancing up such a storm that they blew right past me.

And a special green-eyed with envy congratulations to 2Buck Crew. Dang it! Should have known I would get beat out by a has-been country star and his buckaroos. Not that I'm a sore Barbie of a loser. No, not at all. Oh wait. I just found out he is dead. Glad you weren't for this contest though. Oh wait, you were weren't you? Which is how you beat me silly. What can I say? You are the man . . . er woman . . . er doll!
    Cornholio likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread