+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 9/18 SYTYCD 9 Show Discussion Thread: FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/18 SYTYCD 9 Show Discussion Thread: FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

The show regained a bit of its credibility with the wins by Chehon and Eliana. Cole should have been second by a mile, with Will and George 3rd and 4th. I would have been okay with a win by either Chehon or Cole, actually.

I loved the holocaust, suitcase piece and Will and Amelia's kitty kat routine.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The show regained a bit of its credibility with the wins by Chehon and Eliana. Cole should have been second by a mile, with Will and George 3rd and 4th. I would have been okay with a win by either Chehon or Cole, actually.

I loved the holocaust, suitcase piece and Will and Amelia's kitty kat routine.
    I agree about Cole! He at least should've been in the finale. Actually, I really wanted him to win. I didn't really vote after he left, but I am happy with the winners, though. Congrats to Chehon and Eliana!

Fantastic finale. That Christopher Scott piece was crazy good! All the new pieces were fun to watch. I super thrilled that Chehon won! Now I have some faith back in the show for next season. I think it was a toss up between the two girls, so I was happy with the final two and didn't really care who out of the two of them won. Thank goodness the season ended on such a high note!

Congrats to Chehon and Elianna! See ya'll next summer!
    sparklete likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I barely watched this year because of the new format - I didn't see the point in watching/voting if I had to wait till the END of the following show to see results, so I just DVRd and sped through most of each show. This used to be one of my favorite shows, and did love Tiffany, Chehon and Elianna...though the Quirky girl was my fav.

Please fix the show!

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I barely watched this year because of the new format - I didn't see the point in watching/voting if I had to wait till the END of the following show to see results, so I just DVRd and sped through most of each show. This used to be one of my favorite shows, and did love Tiffany, Chehon and Elianna...though the Quirky girl was my fav.

Please fix the show!
    I do hope the TPTB change it.I would love elimination night, to be on the next night( 30 mins would be fine) and could we please show just a little more of the runners up receiving their bouquets. I thought Cyrus looked very handosme last night in his pink jacket.
    I watched Audrey again, she was as good as Tiffany I think. I actually got those two muddled up

I forget who has tickets to see this tour( with really good seats) but they are going to see some very good dancing.

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I loved the finale. I loved the whole show this year with the new format. I still got to know the dancers plus I really like that they highlight both a favorite male and favorite female.

It was great seeing some favorite dances that were also favorites of the judges and dancers. At first it was disconcerting that they included the All Stars in every show once the ten were set, but then I got used to it and appreciated them being a part of the whole experience.

Congratulations to Chehon and Eliana! These two were, in my eyes, the best and I'm happy the voters agreed. Two classically trained ballet dancers that over the course of the season transitioned into whatever style was thrown at them. They were both beautiful.

Now I have to see if my wonky DVD recorder will work so I can put this finale on the keeper shelf.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

I forget who has tickets to see this tour( with really good seats) but they are going to see some very good dancing.

It's me, Fanny Mare, and I'm soooooo excited. Dec. 5th at the Hollywood Hard Rock, 3rd row center! Looking forward to seeing this top 10 and hopefully some All Stars from this season too. Would especially love to see Alex and Twitch dance live & up close. I will post here afterwards. Not sure if I'll be allowed to take pics or video, but I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    It's me, Fanny Mare, and I'm soooooo excited. Dec. 5th at the Hollywood Hard Rock, 3rd row center! Looking forward to seeing this top 10 and hopefully some All Stars from this season too. Would especially love to see Alex and Twitch dance live & up close. I will post here afterwards. Not sure if I'll be allowed to take pics or video, but I hope so!
    I bet after seeing them all last night, you are even more excited!
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Whatever I may feel about the rest of the season, that was an awesome finale. They really hyped that top 20 dance, and it was amazing. The hip hop routines were great (how awesome is Christopher Scott?). Loved seeing Will and Amelia again as they were a couple of my favorites. The right people won I think
    Arielflies and sparklete like this.
    "I know the ocean by heart." -David, BB15

Hey there! I just got back from my trip to see the live performance (followed by a few days in South Beach for Art Basel).

The live performance was AMAZING. Our seats were ideal, 3rd row center. It was actually the last performace of the tour so there were speeches and tears from most everyone, especially Tiffany as it was her hometown stop and her family and dance teachers were present. She showed so much personality through the night! Eliana and Tiffany showed how incredibly grateful they were to their fans. Will was really sweet. After the show, Will, Tiffany and Eliana were slow to leave the stage, they were clearly sad the show was over. Will came out and had his picture taken with a girl from the audience as her mom called out, "Please, Will, it's her birthday!"

The crowd favorites were clearly Tiffany (hometown) and Cyrus. We sat next to a group of 6 gay guys who were big Cole fans and were a riot throughout the performance.

The show was 3 hours long, with a 15 minute intermission in the middle. Each of the top 10 did a solo throughout the night and they did many, many performaces from the season. They mixed it up by having more dancers in the routines than were on the TV show - ie., the stripper pole number "If you're good to Mama" featured all 5 of the girls. All dancers joined in on a number of routines that were previously just 1 couple. The show was fast-paced - the performers for the next number were already on stage towards the end of one performance, and it was just one-after the other. They often moved their own props (ie., the couch) on and off the stage. The "Beautiful People" performace by all dancers was amazing... Cheon and Whitney's performances were amazing. George and Eliana did "Bang Bang" (which I thought was Cole and Eleina's on the show? I must've been mistaken.) The suitcase routine was done too. They all did Gangnam style at the end, which was really fun.

It was very surreal to see these performers live in person a few yards from us after watching them all season. We really, really enjoyed the show. This season was a great group of kids and they really put on an amazing live performance. I would defintely go see the SYTYCD live performance anytime!

I have pics and video from the show - OK to post?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast