+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 9/11 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 9/11 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It really has been the oddest of seasons. Last night felt so much better with no one being eliminated. As for Nigel, he's been doing this for sometime, he never does anything without a reason, I am just not sure what the reason is.
    Glad I'm not the only one who has found this season disjointed. I hardly know the dancers names and here it is the finally. I'm sure the Olympics didn't help the cause, but I felt the elimination happening at the end of the night distracting. The judges critique usually implied who was going home later, even if the dances during the episode were fantastic, they generally found critism to point out. The talent is fine, but IMO, there really aren't any standout personalities. I think that is why Cyrus is so popular, he is one of the only dancers left with a unique style and personality, and I state that with no way implying that he is a better dancer than the remaining contestants, just stands out as unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who has found this season disjointed. I hardly know the dancers names and here it is the finally. I'm sure the Olympics didn't help the cause, but I felt the elimination happening at the end of the night distracting. The judges critique usually implied who was going home later, even if the dances during the episode were fantastic, they generally found criticism to point out. The talent is fine, but IMO, there really aren't any standout personalities. I think that is why Cyrus is so popular, he is one of the only dancers left with a unique style and personality, and I state that with no way implying that he is a better dancer than the remaining contestants, just stands out as unique.
    I agree with you.While the others are good dancers, they dont stand out.Had they been in a very good season, they wouldn't have made it to the F4. I also agree with what you said about Cyrus. He is unique, even though he is far from the best dancer. I am looking forward to the finale when everyone returns.
    NFL1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love watching Eliana and Alex dance together. They are both wonderful and she really lets loose with him!! I could watch those two dance together all day long. I also really enjoyed the dance from Chehon and Alison!

My biggest complaint of this show was Tyce's group number. I have never been a Tyce fan, but that dance was BY FAR the worst thing I have seen all season. It was all over the place. Was his goal to make it completely obvious that Eliana and Chehon are technically far superior to Tiffany and Cyrus?? Maybe he was just trying to play to all their strengths, but this is how it ended up looking to me. I'm sure not everyone will agree with this conclusion. However, I just kept seeing Eliana and Chehon pulling off move after move that Tiffany and Cyrus would never be able to attempt.

Everyone seems to be feeling the love for that burlesque number that Eliana and Tiffany did, but I didn't care for it. Yes, Eliana's strength on the pole was impressive. But overall, it still felt kind of tacky to me. Maybe I'll never be able to get past the stripper stigma of pole dancing. These are two technically skilled and poised young women. I would prefer to see them perform a classy and technically challenging piece. This felt like they just wanted to have them writhe around and look sexy instead of actually have them dance.

I strongly hope that Eliana and Chehon win. I also hope that they switch back to the old format next season. I don't care if they have a 30 or 60 minute results show, because I always fast-forwarded through the filler anyway!
    toddw likes this.

I loved the pole number, loved it. I watched it again - it was fun and clever. We have seen these two women classy and technical. It was nice to see them dance something else, each to their own I guess.

I also hope that they switch back to the old format next season. I don't care if they have a 30 or 60 minute results show, because I always fast-forwarded through the filler anyway
    Oh, I hope you are right.
    NFL1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who has found this season disjointed. I hardly know the dancers names and here it is the finally. I'm sure the Olympics didn't help the cause, but I felt the elimination happening at the end of the night distracting. The judges critique usually implied who was going home later, even if the dances during the episode were fantastic, they generally found critism to point out. The talent is fine, but IMO, there really aren't any standout personalities. I think that is why Cyrus is so popular, he is one of the only dancers left with a unique style and personality, and I state that with no way implying that he is a better dancer than the remaining contestants, just stands out as unique.
    The reason for the elimination at the end of the night is because FOX told SYTYCD they couldn't have a 2nd show each week for eliminations. That sort of limited their options.

A little piece of trivia: I read a book about the history of American Idol, which went back to the start with Pop Idol. The UK has only one time zone. After the performances ended, voting began. One or two hours later when voting ended, the results show would air and everyone would find out who was eliminated. When the show came over here, they had to figure out how they were going to do voting and show who was eliminated. One idea was to only let people in the EST zone vote.

As far as the male winner, I'm with everyone else here. I really think they want Cyrus to win for whatever reason, but Chehon (and so many others) really should win over Cyrus. Bless Cyrus' heart, he seems like quite the guy, but really. Chehon is wonderful.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567