+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 9/11 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 9/11 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think what Nigel did was really crappy. Now, I adore Cyrus and think he's adorable, talented and a good kid. He always says yes ma'am, no sir when the judges are speaking to him. It's not Cyrus' fault that Nigel and the other judges heaped praise on him all season when they should have been critiquing him. I mean, all the dancers have said that the critique is what helps them improve. When they told Chehon he needed to work on performance, he did and he got a whole lot better at it. They didn't do that for Cyrus much. One cutting remark at the end doesn't fix it, ya know? I like him but don't think he should win...but he probably is going to now. It's weird though...Nigel has no problem telling people what he thinks so why didn't he dole out more during the season? So weird.

I don't care which one of the girls take it. They are both beautiful dancers and neither had any 'flubs'. I like them both a lot. Chehon grew on me towards the end, so I'd be happy to see him win. This season was so disjointed that it's hard to really root for anyone in particular though.
    It really has been the oddest of seasons. Last night felt so much better with no one being eliminated. As for Nigel, he's been doing this for sometime, he never does anything without a reason, I am just not sure what the reason is.
    Shoepie and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Chehon was amazing last night! He was mesmerizing in every performance. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him, no matter his partner. Best dance... he and Allison's performance. That ballet number was sooooo good too!! So glad we got to see Chehon and Eliana dance together in their genre like that. Worst dance - that Paso... it was just not good, I just wonder how much it hurt Eliana, as it doesn't seem to matter what Cyrus does, he can do no wrong. Chehon really deserves to win the show on the male's side. I only voted for him last night. As a whole, the entire show was really really good. Best one of the season. The numbers were all pretty much fantastic and fun to watch. The pole dance was great. I have to give Cyrus props though - he turned it on pretty good that's for sure. The dance with him and Twitch - what a great way to end the night. Twitch was fantastic! Sorry to Cyrus, but Twitch outdanced him in his own style. I found myself watching Twitch for most of the performance. The girls, I actually think Tiffany was better last night than Eliana. Not by much, but her numbers felt stronger to me as a whole. Both girls were pretty much amazing last night though, and I can see it going to either one of them. I will keep saying this though... if Chehon does not win, then this show will lose a lot of credibility with me.

Great finale!
    Last edited by mesachick; 09-12-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Jezebella and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

This show will have to do some revamping for next season and I suggest they go back to the original format. Surely they are privy to the feedback that seems to be everywhere.
    NFL1, mesachick and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This show will have to do some revamping for next season and I suggest they go back to the original format. Surely they are privy to the feedback that seems to be everywhere.
    I agree Shoepie. The original format was fine, and I am positive they got feedback.
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

I do think the results show was too long with way too much filler, but they could cut the results show to 30 minutes. I think that would be ideal.
    NFL1, Shoepie, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Chehon was amazing last night! He was mesmerizing in every performance. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him, no matter his partner. Best dance... he and Allison's performance. That ballet number was sooooo good too!! So glad we got to see Chehon and Eliana dance together in their genre like that. Worst dance - that Paso... it was just not good, I just wonder how much it hurt Eliana, as it doesn't seem to matter what Cyrus does, he can do no wrong. Chehon really deserves to win the show on the male's side. I only voted for him last night. As a whole, the entire show was really really good. Best one of the season. The numbers were all pretty much fantastic and fun to watch. The pole dance was great. I have to give Cyrus props though - he turned it on pretty good that's for sure. The dance with him and Twitch - what a great way to end the night. Twitch was fantastic! Sorry to Cyrus, but Twitch outdanced him in his own style. I found myself watching Twitch for most of the performance. The girls, I actually think Tiffany was better last night than Eliana. Not by much, but her numbers felt stronger to me as a whole. Both girls were pretty much amazing last night though, and I can see it going to either one of them. I will keep saying this though... if Chehon does not win, then this show will lose a lot of credibility with me.

Great finale!
    I was so glad to see you write this as I feel exactly the same way as you do. I have not been on the site for the last couple of months due to falling down the stairs and breaking my Fibula and Tibia which also required surgery as they shattered and ended up with a plate, 12 pins and 3 screws in the lower part of my leg. Sorry if I am repeating my story, but was the reason for my long absence and lack of comments. I am finally out of the cast and as of yesterday started physical therapy. Enough of me and so glad that I am finally in a position to make a comment on what has been one of my favorite shows. This season was very different as you all know and IMO it was hard to get to know these dancers in a way that we have in the past. Last night's show finally seemed to show what has been missing most of the season and for me was the best of the whole season by far.

I think Nigel said that Cyrus was his favorite person, but because he is all about dance Chehon was his favorite dancer. I thought he and the other judges should have brought that up long ago. It was wrong to wait until the last performance show to say that. Since we are having two favorite dancers this year with one male and one female I think for the males Chehon does deserve the win. He is a beautiful dancer and he has been out of his element as well since this is the first time a ballet dancer has been in the finals. I am not sure if this is a first time that a ballet dancer has made the top twenty and I look to others who know the answer to that statement. To have two this far with both Eliana and Chehon is just amazing. Back to Chehon he has been incredible and I think he has overcome the most as far as finally feeling comfortable enough to let that personality come forth. IMO. I think that if we had our old structure we may have seen Chehon's personality come forth sooner. I think in these last week's I have seen growth in that area starting to emerge. He may have had trouble with some of the Latin dances, but for myself I loved his rumba. I think it was Rob Marshall who said he found it sexy and did see the connection between Chehon and Tiffany. I know Mary didn't quite see it, but I agreed with Rob Marshall who said something like less is more. That is how I saw it.

I blame all of the judges, but especially Nigel who pumped up Cyrus all season long only to tear him down on the last night. I find Cyrus very engaging and I give him an A+ for effort, but never saw tremendous growth in Cyrus as far as being a dancer. Week after week he was pumped up by Nigel saying how much he deserved to be there and he let the technicalities of the dance slide. I never thought that was fair to the other dancers who were criticized for certain elements and what they had done wrong. I remember Twitch during his season who was totally out of his element, but he did become an amazing dancer in all ways and even last night with that last number with Cyrus he showed that he was able to do the style that Cyrus is famous for. I loved that number, but I did not think that Cyrus stood out anymore than Twitch did. Again, JMO.

Mesachick I agree if Chehon does not win then this show that does say vote for your favorite dancer it will lose a lot of credibility with me as well. Cyrus has a huge smile that warms anyone's heart, but he is not a dancer in the same sense that others are. I actually thought Cole should still be there over Cyrus because he was another one that was totally out of his area of expertise and yet he overcame and learned each dance. Not trying to pick on Cyrus, but there were too many weeks where nothing was said about the technicalities of the dance. Yes, it was incredible to learn the choreography, but they all had to do that. I just did not see the same growth in that area from Cyrus. Wasn't his fault as the judges and again especially Nigel just let that stuff slide saying he deserved to be there. Why Nigel waited until last night to say what he did which was the wrong time to say it I have no idea. If you listened to him he had been getting lots of tweets asking why Cyrus was still there and he kept saying because America voted him to be there. Maybe if the judges had fairly critiqued him all along he may not have been. Can't really say if the outcome would have been any different, but we will never know.

As far as Tiffany and Eliana I also feel the same way you do. Both are beautiful dancers and I gave a slight edge to Tiffany last night. I feel the same is somewhat true of Tiffany as well. Early on again Nigel was clearly pushing for Eliana and I felt that Tiffany was the underdog. Each week Tiffany kept fighting and became stronger all the time. I don't think it is fair to any of these dancers for the judges to let their favorites be known. What they say does have an impact on voters. I have no idea how this will play out and either girl could win and deservedly so as both are amazing.

It was an amazing finale, but IMO for the title of favorite male favorite dancer it should go to Chehon because he is a beautiful dancer in every sense of the word. The show has built its reputation on voting for your favorite dancer and not vote for your favorite person. JMO
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 09-12-2012 at 12:52 PM.

It was an amazing finale, but IMO for the title of favorite male favorite dancer it should go to Chehon because he is a beautiful dancer in every sense of the word. The show has built its reputation on voting for your favorite dancer and not vote for your favorite person. JMO

But for some people watching, for them Cyrus has been their favourite dancer. He wasn't mine, but he does have people that love him. Chehon is a beautiful dancer , but he was before the show. I dont know if winning this will change what he does best - ballet. OTOH Cyrus winning, it would change his life as he knows it.Although going on tour would do that I suppose.
    Shoepie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Ok, I'm confused about something...the ballet routine: They brought a choreographer in but then Nigel said "that's from the Nutcracker, right". So did the choreo guy actually choreo a new number to a Nutcracker song or did he just teach them a routine from the Nutcracker? I know you guys loved it, but it fell really flat for me. Chehon didn't do much dancing during and Eliana's moves were repetitive. The technique looked amazing as far as my untrained eye could tell, but it didn't excite me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Actually, I felt the same way about it, JavaJo. Chehon was mostly standing in place and Eliana did the same rotation like 5 times in a row. It was very pretty but boring. It's hard for me to judge ballet because although I'm sure it's very difficult, when they're doing it right it looks deceptively easy. I was hoping for a more challenging ballet routine for those two. Something that would take my breath away. I didn't get that.

He choreographed them. Its like any duo, just because the dance is known It still has to be choreographed.I dont know why he gave Chehon so little to do. That's why I posted I was watching Eliana.I realize your partner in ballet is important( that's how I shattered my leg) but Chehon could/should have danced more. I thought Eliana was exquisite
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast