+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 9/11 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 9/11 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Just saw the ballet, Eliana & Chehon just won, as far as I am concerned. I couldn't believe they kept adding the pirouettes! I kept thinking, "no way, not another revolution," and they'd add another. Phenomenal work, so effortless. Those two are in a class all their own.
    I agree with you, but not just because of this one dance, but I have a feeling Cyrus as the cool dancer will win, even though he is still only best in his own genre....and Tiffany may win by being so cute and adorable, even though she is not the best dancer. "Favorite" as of this season no longer has to do with who dances the best and is also favorite, thus favorite dancer, but is simply who is favorite 'person'. At least this is my fear. If this comes true I think it will make SYTYCD on par with every other reality talent show out there, rather than being so special which is how I have always looked at it.
    NCLurker, sparklete and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Okay, Nigel - none of that needed to be said. Way to bring Cyrus down from a real high. Why did you have to go on & on about why you're not going to vote for him!! Jackass!
    I totally agree, I actually hopped on here just to say this. Cyrus and Twitch revelling in the standing ovation... allow Cyrus to enjoy the moment! Using Cyrus' judging time after an amazing performance to announce that Nigel is voting for Cehon was extremely uncool and unwarranted. At this point in the competition the judges should let the chips to fall where they may. I actually like both Cyrus and Cehon very much, they've been my 2 favorite boys all along. I'm happy with either winning but have to say Nigel's comments were out of line at that moment.

This was the best night of the season for me. Chehon and Eliana dancing Ballet- wonderful!!I rewound it three times and got goose bumps It was Eliana more than Chehon & Eliana's ballet solo( sigh) I think there should be a show SYTYCBD

The girls dancing burlesque was superb! Eliana has such strength and yet she has a softness about her. Tiffany is tiny, but her legs go on and on, and she fills a space. I like them both.But Eliana has the edge for me.

Cyrus, when I heard him talk about his journey,and the fact he had let Sonya down . Then he finally smiled & I could see what his fans love about him.( it just took me the whole season) I didn't care for his Paso with Eliana.

Tiffany and Cyrus were excellent together They make such a good team.

Cyrus and Chehon, whoa! great piece by Sonya and Cyrus really pushed , and managed to stay with Chehon
    Chehon and Tiffany danced the rumba to perfection & as Rob said it was sexxxy

Twitch and Cyrus, I know someone said up thread their eyes were on twitch, that seems to happen no matter who he dances with.It reminded me of how much I loved Cyrus when he auditioned, and never thought he would make the top 20.
    I cant vote, but that's okay- I dont know who I would vote for.Its been such a strange season( complete with Nigel saying who he wont vote for )
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

That was strange that Nigel had to divulge to America who he is voting for. Judges should not show bias. Be that as it may, it may actually advantageous for Cyrus because then his fans will even vote more.

Anyway, are they going to total the votes from last week's performance to tonight's performance?

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    That was strange that Nigel had to divulge to America who he is voting for. Judges should not show bias. Be that as it may, it may actually advantageous for Cyrus because then his fans will even vote more.

Anyway, are they going to total the votes from last week's performance to tonight's performance?
    It could backfire on Nigel- I wonder if that's what he wants.? I don't know if last week counts or not.
    NCLurker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I am completely baffled by Nigel's words regarding who he was voting for there at the end. He totally stole Cyrus' spotlight and joy, and that was really a great moment for him. Dancing in his genre with Twitch, and it was so well received. It's like Nigel threw a cold glass of water on the whole show Everyone stepped it up, performed to the best of their abilities, and were really riding on a nice high. Now it doesn't matter who wins: Cyrus or Chehon, it's going to seem like the vote was skewed by the judging panel.

Loved Chehon & Allison, Eliana & Alex, Chehon & Tiffany, Tiffany & Eliana, Chehon & Eliana, Cyrus & Chehon, and Twitch & Cyrus. The show finally felt like the SHOW tonight! Looking forward to the season finale next week
    Dukie, sparklete and Jaceegirl like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate it when judges make sweeping declarations, telling each contestant "You were my favorite of the night", "You've been my favorite through this whole competition", "You're my favorite dancer of all time", etc. It loses its sincerity the more times you say it and the more people you tell it to. Kind of like the guy who buys 5 identical valentine cards for his dates telling every single one of them "My heart belongs to you".

I rolled my eyes at Nigel telling one of the girls she was his favorite of all seasons. Really?? Even more than Melanie from last season?? Even more than Alex Wong?

Your nose is growing, Nigel. Why don't you shut up before it gets so big you can't get out of the building?

I also didn't like him raining on Cyrus's parade by telling him he wasn't voting for him. First of all, I didn't think the judges were allowed to reveal their vote ahead of time. Second, saying that might influence voters. We've all seen Simon Cowell lavish praise on an Idol contestant that ends up backfiring because that person's fans become complacent, thinking they don't need to phone in because their contestant is going to win. Meanwhile, the contestant who got dumped on by Simon has fans calling in maniacally to try to save them from being eliminated. I wish Nigel had kept who he was voting for to himself and instead given Cyrus his moment in the sun.

FORT Fogey

Nigel made a mistake this year with his constant praise of Cyrus and he tried to make up for this with that comment. He should have given a more honest critique on each dance. What he said was true but very odd he stepped up at the very end to say it.

Chehon will have a good career if he wins or not. The controversy that will surely happen will give him a lot of attention. I think Eliana is a lock to win.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I want Eliana and Cyrus to win. If it had been Cole and Cyrus in the finale, I would have voted for Cole.

I like Tiffany but there's something about her that is not memorable. Eliana, on the other hand, has stood out since the auditions.

I think that if this had been like previous seasons of SYTYCD, with only one winner, Eliana would have won. She's by far the best dancer of this group.

I think what Nigel did was really crappy. Now, I adore Cyrus and think he's adorable, talented and a good kid. He always says yes ma'am, no sir when the judges are speaking to him. It's not Cyrus' fault that Nigel and the other judges heaped praise on him all season when they should have been critiquing him. I mean, all the dancers have said that the critique is what helps them improve. When they told Chehon he needed to work on performance, he did and he got a whole lot better at it. They didn't do that for Cyrus much. One cutting remark at the end doesn't fix it, ya know? I like him but don't think he should win...but he probably is going to now. It's weird though...Nigel has no problem telling people what he thinks so why didn't he dole out more during the season? So weird.

I don't care which one of the girls take it. They are both beautiful dancers and neither had any 'flubs'. I like them both a lot. Chehon grew on me towards the end, so I'd be happy to see him win. This season was so disjointed that it's hard to really root for anyone in particular though.
    Shoepie, Imperfect1, Lolli and 1 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast