+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

9/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

The top six perform with a pro partner tonight and two more will dance their last dance. Will your favorite be spared? Enjoy the show!!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Re: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Everyone must be chatting with Alex Wong live

And for yet another week, Cyrus stays over a FAR superior dancer. I'm not even going to watch tonight. If the winner is still determined by the viewers, then I guess we know that Cyrus will win and the show will lose pretty much all credibility. This show has always been a bit of a popularity contest, but at least the final dancers were among the best of the top 20. That's not even remotely the case in this season.
    Florimel, Endit, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

I agree with you, Critical. Cyrus can be a fun dancer to watch because he enjoys dancing so much, however, he certainly isn't a skilled all around dancer. If he wins (which it wouldn't surprise me), I will be disappointed, but then again, they say we are voting for America's favorite dancer, not America's Best dancer. Personally, I don't think he should have made it into the top 20. Obviously, we are in the minority.
    Florimel and Jezebella like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    And for yet another week, Cyrus stays over a FAR superior dancer. I'm not even going to watch tonight. If the winner is still determined by the viewers, then I guess we know that Cyrus will win and the show will lose pretty much all credibility. This show has always been a bit of a popularity contest, but at least the final dancers were among the best of the top 20. That's not even remotely the case in this season.
    That's exactly what I have been worried about these last few weeks...that if Cyrus was not eliminated he would win and the show would then turn into every other reality show where talent no longer matters because it is all about who is the cutest, most fun, most personality will win every show remaining on tv and the SYTYCD title will no longer mean what it did in the past. I cringed every time Nigel stressed that we should vote for our "favorite" - not even brining talent into the voting. Favorite what? favorite person? favorite personality? surely not favorite dancer who is the most talented. I hope this does not affect the quality of contestants who try out in the future. I'm not a happy camper right now

My only hope is that in the end people will vote for the most talented of those remaining...I would like to see Eliana win..I've liked her from the beginning.
    Last edited by JenCos; 09-05-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    mindy384 and sparklete like this.

Who is John Galt?

I absolutely agree!! If it is the "favorite" dancer who wins - why on earth are they judging on skill? We could save the time and just watch Dancing With The Stars (and at least we would have celebrities to watch) if we wanted that. I am going to DVR the show, and if Cyrus is in the top 4 (which I'll find out because it will be over before it is shown here in Hawaii), I probably won't watch the final. I am so disappointed in the show this season. It has really dumbed down. None of the girls impress me very much. Cole is the best of the bunch, but I doubt he'll even make it to the final tonight.
    Florimel likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Personally, I'm surprised Chehon didn't go instead of Cole.

As for Cyrus, I know I'm in the minority but I don't think he's a bad dancer at all. Maybe I'm missing what he's doing that others think is wrong. I've seen much more obvious mistakes from Chehon and Cole over the last few weeks.

I'm happy that the judges like Cyrus as much as I do! To me, he's been a consistenly good dancer. He's done well with every style of dance he's tried. I enjoy watching him every week.

BTW, you can't blame me for him still being in this week. I missed last week's show so I didn't get to vote for him.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

FORT Fogey

Wow, Eliana's lines are so beautiful! Loved that Mia piece with Cole.
    sparklete likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

A travesty.

The other male dancers dance with their entire bodies - from the top of their head to the soles of their feet. Cyrus just does his little quirky thing, then smiles a lot. Watching his feet, it's obvious that he doesn't know how to finish his moves. He's flat-footed with no extensions. He seems like a nice guy, but I watch a show called "So You Think You Can Dance" to watch dancing - not smiling.

When they showed the closing clips of Cole's journey, I could NOT believe that he's gone and Cyrus is still there.

:-(

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Wow, Eliana's lines are so beautiful! Loved that Mia piece with Cole.
    I did as well.Loved it.
    Loved Chehon and Catherine, when they danced to the piece by Tyce.

I wonder who( WHO) keeps asking Nigel why Cyrus is still there .Nigel said because America loves him. I don't think so, I think they want him until the end.

Eliana and Tiffany were the right choice. I loved Witney keep dancing little one.

The girls are way better than the guys this season .

I love when they dance together and there is no Benji or Comfort. I don't need an AS every week. Maybe it was me, but the show seemed flat, Cat even sounded flat. Something isn't right this season.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast