+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Thanks, SpringMaiden. I thought, somehow, that this next Tues was the Finale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Tuesday is the final competition show, and then the following Tuesday is the season finale. So voting will be based on this Tuesday's show. We may get Chehon & Eliana dancing ballet!
    ! there is hope for this show yet!!
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I can't believe Cyrus is in the finale. If he wins the finale, I am considering the entire male half of this season a joke. I think he should have been out a long time ago. I don't get the likeability that everybody is getting. Maybe I get it a little, but then I'm distracted by his dancing (or lack of dancing) and I can't connect with him. Comfort was outshining him in the hip hop routine for example! I'm shocked that Cole is out over him. We need to band together and make sure Chehon gets more votes.

lol I can't believe some of you had to look up Dubstep too. That style has been so mainstream and oversaturated in popular culture, it's a mockery of where dubstep actually started, people like Burial and the underground Grime scene. Go look them up! Nowadays dubstep has become known as "Look at me! I am so adhd and hyper, nasty as hell one trick pony dirty drops." I was listening to dubstep before it was really mainstream. Now it's infiltrating Britney Spears songs (really). I don't mind this version of it, but it's treated like it's the definition of dubstep sometimes which I despise. And most of the basslines in today's dubstep are hyper compressed to boot - they have no real impact unless you are listening to unbalanced, bass heavy speakers that essentially EQ's them back into their own mix. Even google's own guess what you are going to search for returns "Dubstep is dead" as most popular result 2.
    Last edited by Endit; 09-06-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Did you hear how the audience cheered for him, though? A standing ovation for one of his dances. There must be something about his performance live that we don't feel through the TV screen.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I like Cyrus. As Nigel said, it's about America's favorite dancer, not America's most technically correct and trained dancer. I also love Cehon. I'm thrilled with the top 2 boy picks.

FORT Fanatic

As i have said before...I think Cyrus' likeability is huge, and his natural talent undeniable. BUT..last nite's Bway routine was SO dumbed down it was really pathetic. The real crime was though...that the judges didn't ( and pretty much never have) give him the same honest and upsetting critique as they gave Cehon. They did everything to sidestep it (Mary--"i just love ya"), they didn't praise the choreography to the skies(because it was so dumbed down), and I also think Tiffany got the short shrift in her praise, as to not exclude Cyrus.
    Cole's body of work spoke for itself in his film collage,,,,travesty is the right word.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Personally, I thought Chehon should have gotten the axe instead of Cole. He nearly dropped his partner during one of his lifts and his personality has been lackluster through most of this season. The judges keep imploring him to bring more of his character to his routines and he hasn't done it. That's why he ended up in the bottom several weeks.

Cole was a great dancer and had an engaging personality so I was shocked they chose him to go over Chehon.

I'm not saying Chehon is a bad dancer because he's not but I think his range is limited to his specialty and he's concentrating so hard on the technical aspect of his dance, he's not connecting with the audience. I'd like to see him come back in the future, possibly as a returning pro. With more experience and what he's learned on this show, he'll just get better and better. I don't, however, think he's the best male dancer of this season.

It's kind of a toss-up for me now between Chehon and Cyrus. Each has what the other lacks, neither of them is the total package.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

BENJI!!!! Wow it was so wonderful to see him back on stage performing! And Tiffany was great too, she kept up with him no problem at all.

You guys have pretty much said it all regarding Cyrus still being there. I just don't get it. This is a DANCING show people, not a whom do you feel sorry for show. *sigh* I too could not believe that the judges dared to critique any of the male dancers, and yet when Cyrus danced and very obviously did not dance technically correct at all, all we got was... "we love ya Cyrus". It's maddening. Chehon had better win, otherwise what a waste this season will have been. As for the girls... both deserve to be there. I think either one of them could win it next week.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fanatic

One more thing about the Cyrus issue....when Nigel said to the viewers(paraphrased) "yes yes, we've seen all the tweets and blogs" ...I assume he was referring to posts like mine, arguing against Cyrus going so far. Well...here's a challenge--why don't the judges review a considerable amount of footage of Cyrus' work on the show (especially the group dances)...(if you can find him...always in the back with a prop, leaniing on a prop, posing...etc. THen, let's hear an unbiased critique.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    If they're going to go with this format, I'd prefer for them to start off the episode with eliminations and then get to the dancing. It's kind of frustrating as it is because someone could have a great performance this week and then be sent home for what they did last week.
    eh? They practiced dancing for the whole week only to tell them at the start of the show that they are not going to perform? I'd rather not miss out on a great performance whether they get eliminated or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast