+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

This was the first week since I think the beginning I've been able to watch the show, and I'll say this:

Eliana and Tiffany right choice.

Cheon right choice.

Cyrus - especially over Cole - WRONG choice IMHO. It isn't because he's bad (Cyrus does have dancing talent) it's just that he's one note and when you see the two up against each other - no contest.

It's pretty clear though that I think this year it was smart to have a best boy and girl winner because individually I think they'd had a woman for the third time in four seasons. Especially now with Cole gone.
    AZChristian likes this.

If they announce the winner on Tuesday, then the winner has already been chosen by the voters based on last night's performances; and Tuesday's performances will be a celebration of dance, not a competition.

However the ending presents itself, I just want to see Chenon and Eliana dance together before they close the curtain.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

However the ending presents itself, I just want to see Chenon and Eliana dance together before they close the curtain.
    I would as well. I would like them to do ballet.I dont need to see anymore ballroom, popping stubbing, or anything else ending in ing .I would just love for them to dance ballet. ( it wont happen I know ) I can wish though
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am familiar with dubstep music, so I was annoyed that they made it sound like a dance.

I am thrilled that Eliana and Chehon are in the top four. I really want them to win it. Tiffany is a nice dancer, but I keep forgetting about her. I just don't find her memorable at all.

Chehon has really grown on me. I agree with the comments about the judges being critical of the good male dancers and then gushing all over Cyrus without giving an actual critique of his abilities. He really has gotten softball routines. While I like how enthusiastic he is, it frustrates me that he just isn't good. We have seen hip-hop dancers who have been outstanding (Hok), so I am annoyed that he has gotten to the top four even though he seems like a great guy.
    Shoepie, AZChristian and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would as well. I would like them to do ballet.I dont need to see anymore ballroom, popping stubbing, or anything else ending in ing .I would just love for them to dance ballet. ( it wont happen I know ) I can wish though
    I would like to see them eliminate ballroom. I love hip hop and the alternative dances. Ballroom is the odd duck in this mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would like to see them eliminate ballroom. I love hip hop and the alternative dances. Ballroom is the odd duck in this mix.
    I love all the dances( including ballroom and belly dancing) I just would like to see them in their genre - ballet
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    A travesty.

The other male dancers dance with their entire bodies - from the top of their head to the soles of their feet. Cyrus just does his little quirky thing, then smiles a lot. Watching his feet, it's obvious that he doesn't know how to finish his moves. He's flat-footed with no extensions. He seems like a nice guy, but I watch a show called "So You Think You Can Dance" to watch dancing - not smiling.

When they showed the closing clips of Cole's journey, I could NOT believe that he's gone and Cyrus is still there. :-(
    Travesty is indeed the word for it. Cole should have been the winner for the men with Chelon or Will in 2nd place. What I noticed was that they gave Cyrius whatever dance form that was that matches his skills, but all really good ones got dances that were way out of their personal styles. It was an unfair playing field and my admiration for this show has hit bottom.

My only compliment is that I have been surprised twice now by how much Christina Applegate knows about dance. She has been outstanding among the celebrity guest judges.
    Dukie, Imperfect1, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I also wanted to say one thing - Melanie is still awesome. My favorite dance last night was the one with Cole and Melanie dancing and she was able to do those lifts and look just as elegant as he did.

It also speaks volumes for Cole - not many men would allow a woman to lift them.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

My only compliment is that I have been surprised twice now by how much Christina Applegate knows about dance. She has been outstanding among the celebrity guest judges.
    She has been on before( another season) I think she is one of the best guest judges they have. She is better than some of the regulars.
    Dukie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    If they announce the winner on Tuesday, then the winner has already been chosen by the voters based on last night's performances; and Tuesday's performances will be a celebration of dance, not a competition.

Tuesday is the final competition show, and then the following Tuesday is the season finale. So voting will be based on this Tuesday's show. We may get Chehon & Eliana dancing ballet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast