+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 8/29 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

8/29 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

Tonights show features the top 8 dancers, each dancing with a pro and Jessie Tyler Ferguson is the guest judge.

Enjoy the show!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Re: 8/29 Show Discusson Thread *Spoilers*

No one has posted here... really? Well here are my thoughts.

Best guest judge EVER!! Hot jalapeno bus!
    The right girl went home! The wrong guy went home but... the one I wanted to go wasn't in the bottom 2 so... I can't blame the "jidges".
    I can't believe how buck Whitney was in that hip hop! (Oh, but ballroom solos kinda suck.)
    Sonia is an artist genius!! Love Mandy Moore too!
    All-Star Allison is PHENOMENAL - have always loved her and always will...
    Did I cover everything?
    Shoepie likes this.
    Love me some SYTYCD All-Stars!

I'm not reading yet because I just started watching the show. During the opening number I realized we are down to four girls and two of them are the ballroom blondes?? They seem like nice girls but I still think they have been kept around too long. Then the first girl came out to do her solo and I realized I didn't even remember her name! If any girl but Eliana wins at this point I will be disappointed.
    Dukie and JavaJo like this.

Is it me or does Allison look really different than when she was on the show originally? I can't put my finger on it, but her whole face doesn't look the same. I may have to go watch some old YouTube videos of her season. She is an awesome dancer.

Sad Will went home. I'm glad one of the BBs (ballroom blondes) finally went. Can Audrey or Amelia come back now?! I'm pretty sure this is eliana's to lose now.

It's getting to the point where I won't be able to watch any more. Cyrus is safe a-freaking-gain!? NO WAY should he have stayed over Will. NO way. He should have been gone weeks ago, but now it's glaring. This is when the weakness of this show becomes really obvious. The power voters don't vote for the best dancer, they vote for the one they think is cute or who's got a good back-story. I just don't think I can watch Cyrus stay over better dancers week after week any more.

We've had other hip-hop dancers win, but Cyrus is NO WHERE close to Twitch or even Russell.

I'm so sad to see Will go home. I love him. His height and long legs (along with those great feet!) make him such a pleasure to watch and SO unique in this competition, where most of the dancers look like hobbits next to Cat. Plus, he's just adorable. I think Will will go on to have a nice career, but I'm still bummed that he went home too soon when a lesser dancer is still in the competition.

As long as Eliana stays in the competition, I'm fine with any other girl going home. At this point, the other three were all sort of even in my mind.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was shocked about the bottom two guys. The girls, not so much, I haven't been a fan of either of them and I'm mad that Audrey left over Lyndsey last week. I thought she was the only real competition for Eliana. Although Tiffany stepped it up tonight.

Coles dance with Allison was terrific. Sonja never ceases to amaze me. And I think the difference in Allison is simple...she's an adult now, she's had a baby.....she's aging.

This is my favorite show (after Big Brother) and I'm losing interest, which saddens me. I think losing the results show is the reason. Everything is so rushed and here we are...down to the top 4 boys and 4 girls and tonight is the first night that I've felt like I got to know any of them. We just haven't had the time to connect with them, so it's hard to really root hard for anyone.

Cyrus, I love him, but Critical, you are right. He's overstayed his welcome. He's amazing at what he does and he really takes on the characters but he's not up to par with the other dancers.
    sparklete likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I was shocked about the bottom two guys. The girls, not so much, I haven't been a fan of either of them and I'm mad that Audrey left over Lyndsey last week. I thought she was the only real competition for Eliana. Although Tiffany stepped it up tonight.

Coles dance with Allison was terrific. Sonja never ceases to amaze me. And I think the difference in Allison is simple...she's an adult now, she's had a baby.....she's aging.

This is my favorite show (after Big Brother) and I'm losing interest, which saddens me. I think losing the results show is the reason. Everything is so rushed and here we are...down to the top 4 boys and 4 girls and tonight is the first night that I've felt like I got to know any of them. We just haven't had the time to connect with them, so it's hard to really root hard for anyone.

Cyrus, I love him, but Critical, you are right. He's overstayed his welcome. He's amazing at what he does and he really takes on the characters but he's not up to par with the other dancers.
    He absolutely is, but the name of the game on this show is versatility and he's WAY behind the other guys. Really, the difference is a lack of formal training. Say what you will, but training is what gives you the technique and the ability to adapt to many styles of dance and not just one.

At this point, the two dancers who should win are Chehon and Eliana. I have a feeling Eliana has this in the bag. The judges LOVE her. Not so sure about the guys. As long as Cyrus doesn't win, I'll be happy with either Cole or Chehon.
    sparklete likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

By far my favorite routines tonight were both ballroom. Eliana's quickstep was DELIGHTFUL!! She looked completely in control and effortless at the same time! Chevon in the tango was outstanding! It was so understated, but kept my attention throughout. It really completely blew away the ballroom Cole did with Anya last week.

Cyrus looks SO happy when he is dancing. He doesn't have the talent of the others and I wouldn't personally vote for him, but it does make me smile to see his smile when he finishes a routine.

I liked the Sonya routine that Cole and Alison did, but I wish they had given it to another couple. The character was just too close to the character they gave Cole in Mia's Addiction routine a couple of weeks ago and that detracted from my enjoyment of this performance.

I think Whitney did a respectable hip hop, but those stupid pants they put on her distracted me throughout the routine.

I was fine with Lindsey going home this week, but I was really sad to see Will go. I am rooting for Eliana and Chehon for the win!

This season really isn't connecting with me. It feels like it is going too fast for me to really develop favorite dancers.

I'm watching Cyrus and Melanie right now and really, who could even pay attention to him? She wiped the floor with him. I would have LOVED to have seen her dance with Will this week instead. That routine would have been so much better with Will instead of Cyrus.
    Dukie likes this.

Best week for me this week .The music, the dancing , the partners. It all came together .I think Cole is improving every week. I just loved his dancing this week. Chehons solo was wonderful( I would love to see him and Eliana dance together)

I don't think Will should have gone home over Cyrus, as much as I try, I just dont 'get' Cyrus.

I thought Lindsey was going home( Nigel!!!) but I wasn't sure which guy was leaving. They are all very good
    sparklete likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast