+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 8/22 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 8/22 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

OMG ... Audrey is my favorite girl dancer!!! This was her first time in the bottom 3 and they booted her? They have been singing her praises every week.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    OMG ... Audrey is my favorite girl dancer!!! This was her first time in the bottom 3 and they booted her? They have been singing her praises every week.
    I don't get it either. Both ballroom girls have been in the bottom a couple of times each....take the hint Nigel!!!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought two guys should have gone home tonight. Both George and Chehon were not as good as the other dancers. Chehon moves well, but his top half is always ballet.
    I like Whitney, but her solo was not as good as Audrey's. Twitch and Audrey , that was a hard one. She needed to be grittier.

The energy tonight was electrifying. What a difference a great partner makes and really good choreography .When those two work out in the case of Stacey Tookey and Alex Wong- you see Eliana happier, and wonderful .That was the best of the night. I hope she keeps it up.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Why is Cyrus still there and George isn't!? Sorry, but all of a sudden good dancing isn't about pointing your feet when they eliminated Dareian last week after they kept carping on his bad feet? Sounds to me like they're trying to not alienate the people voting for Cyrus so they vote for him MORE. I'm sure Cyrus is a nice kid, but he needs to go home. I thought he did better this week, but he's still the weakest of the guys for me. Raw energy is all well and good, but you need some technique to back it up.

Will is just absolutely adorable. Love him. I thought he did so well with a number that required such quick movements. He's tall with long limbs, so it's even harder for him to be sharp and fast like that.

I LOVE Alex! He's my favorite dancer of the entire series and, IMO, the BEST dancer of the series. Eliana was amazing with him and actually kept up. I don't normally like Stacey Tookey, but I thought that number was fantastic.

I was impressed with Benjamin Millepied tonight. He's actually watched the show and made some really good comments.

Next week, it needs to be Tiffany and Cyrus that go home. Then it will be a real competition.

I think the shows needs a lesson in how to light and shoot dance numbers. You'd think they would have learned by now, but the camera work, in particular, seems even worse this season.
    NFL1, Jezebella and sparklete like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am behind and just saw this dance. Anya hot tamale? No way! I thought she looked heavy, tacky and not outstanding in the dance either. I don't remember her. I think the audience agreed by their limp applause when Mary tried to give her the hot tamale shout out. She put no energy behind it.

I thought Cole did very well. I loved watching him.
    I remember Anya, but I don't think she should be on the hot tamale train either. She is not up to par like she used to be. Her free hand looked rather odd/out of place towards the end of the dance. I agree that dress was very unflattering on her. Yuck. I like Cole and I think he did a great job. He did looked a lot at Anya, but she didn't look at him, hence no chemistry/connection.

Finally, it was great to see Nick Lazzarini dance again. Just reminded me how great of a dancer he was/is and why I voted for him in Season One.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I thought Audrey did a great job with Twitch and she certainly did better in her solo dance than Witney. I was so disappointed the judges chose to keep Witney over her.

As for Anya, I wasn't impressed by her at all. She looked confused during her routine with Cole. I couldn't figure out if it was because Cole was doing something that was messing her up or if she herself was messing up. I think it was she that had the problem.

I really like Cyrus. Sorry for the people who don't like him but I called in votes for him after the show, just like I did last week. I didn't notice his feet because I was watching his facial expressions and the general movement of the dance. I still really enjoy his performances and find him very entertaining.

I also was thrilled to see Alex again but disappointed by the routine. Maybe because like someone else said it was so dimly lit.

I missed the first few routines because I got home late so I'll have to look them up and watch them later.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

FORT Fogey

I agree with all you said, pikachu.

Ballroom dancers have the worst solo's and it seems the judges favor their limitations when they do not with others. We see them pull off contemporary dances so make your solo more interesting, for cryin' out loud! Ok done. I don't like ballroom dancing, can you tell?

Odd that Nigel declared his favorite dancer. That creates all kinds of feelings and conflict behind the scenes. Why do that?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I do like ballroom dancing but Witney didn't really do any special moves. When I watch a solo, I look for extraordinary moves with high technical skill which they pull off better than most dancers might. Any of the dancers on the show could have shimmied around the stage like Witney did. I wasn't impressed. Audrey did a better job of showing what she could do. I'm pretty sure the judges had already decided they were keeping Witney over Audrey so their solo dances didn't factor into their decision.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I do like ballroom dancing but Witney didn't really do any special moves. When I watch a solo, I look for extraordinary moves with high technical skill which they pull off better than most dancers might. Any of the dancers on the show could have shimmied around the stage like Witney did. I wasn't impressed. Audrey did a better job of showing what she could do. I'm pretty sure the judges had already decided they were keeping Witney over Audrey so their solo dances didn't factor into their decision.
    Nigel made a point of saying the decision was not unanimous. His tone implied he wanted to keep Audrey. I think the discussion included Whitney's looks, personality and Mary+ wanted to keep a ballroom dancer. Given all of her atributes, she did not get enough votes to keep her safe. She will be in the bottom 2 next week.

Audrey was good and I liked her. Too bad.

BTW, I have such a bad memory for past SYTYCD alumni. I remember certain ones like Twitch, Alex, etc but many others I don't recall. I don't remember Jakob and even after hearing Anya's name last night, I didn't remember her.

I probably knew who they were in their seasons but how quickly you forget after!

Makes me wonder if I'll remember anyone from this season.

*Edited to add*

After checking Wikipedia, Jakob was on season 6. I didn't recognize any of the contestants' names. I think I must have missed watching that season.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-23-2012 at 01:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast