+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

8/15 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Finally! We are back after a brief hiatus and we get the top 14 dancing tonight, with four leaving. There is a tribute to Mia Michaels, as well.

Next week the remaining 10 dancers pair up with our All Stars!

Also, NappyTabs have a new baby boy. Maybe we'll get a glimpse of him tonight.

Enjoy the show!

Reminder: Individual threads will be locked until after the show airs on the west coast.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

Re: 8/15 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Mia Michaels great as she is ,she was geting each dancer the strength of their ability, the numbers were great the new arangments are being viewed by judges who are too critical and using past as a litnes test for today . judges are showing slanted view this is causeing a downward spiral in the show . imhop
    Shoepie likes this.

Since I have been watching this show for many seasons too, I found myself comparing these performances to the originals. It was hard to view them objectively.

What in the world was Cat wearing? I was dreadful.
    sparklete likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I had a really hard time separating these performances from the originals as well.

The "addiction" routine is my favorite Mia routine by far and I was a little irritated by the judges raving because I thought it paled in comparison to Kayla and Kupono. Kupono was disturbingly cold and sinister and Kayla's movement in that routine was a perfect balance to him. She was clearly in control of her movement, but the way they worked together made it look like she was completely under the control of Kupono/the addiction and the desperation of trying to escape his hold showed in her every move and expression. I didn't get that vibe from Lindsey's portrayal at all. It just made me want to go back and watch the original again (which I did as soon as it was over)!
    Coco46 and JavaJo like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It was hard remembering how all the dancers did the last time we saw them since that was so many weeks ago.

I was so thrilled that Cyrus made the top ten! I still absolutely adore him. I hadn't called in any votes yet this season but I did vote for Cyrus after tonight's show. With such fierce competition this season, I fear that the next time he ends up in the bottom three, he's going home.

I hated seeing Amelia and Janelle go but then it would have been hard to lose just about anyone. Everyone is so talented and unique but someone has to go each week.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I had a really hard time separating these performances from the originals as well.

The "addiction" routine is my favorite Mia routine by far and I was a little irritated by the judges raving because I thought it paled in comparison to Kayla and Kupono. Kupono was disturbingly cold and sinister and Kayla's movement in that routine was a perfect balance to him. She was clearly in control of her movement, but the way they worked together made it look like she was completely under the control of Kupono/the addiction and the desperation of trying to escape his hold showed in her every move and expression. I didn't get that vibe from Lindsey's portrayal at all. It just made me want to go back and watch the original again (which I did as soon as it was over)!
    Me too! I agree 100% - it wasn't even close for me... And I would have much rather kept Amelia or Janelle over Lindsey. Oh well, I knew they'd save their ballroom princess even though they have another one still.
    Shoepie and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    Love me some SYTYCD All-Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukie View Post
    Me too! I agree 100% - it wasn't even close for me... And I would have much rather kept Amelia or Janelle over Lindsey. Oh well, I knew they'd save their ballroom princess even though they have another one still.
    I was disappointed in their choice also. Lindsey was my least favorite of the three girls up for elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I absolutely agree! Kayla was not a favorite of mine. I really didn't care for her at all, but this routine, she blew up. She was fantastic and they worked perfectly together. There is no way tonights performance even compared. Period. Same with all the others.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Ugh. I am so not happy with tonights show. For starters, Mia already has an overblown ego...hey! Let's just inflate it a little more! Don't get me wrong...when MIa is on, her choreo is stunning but when she's off, she's horrid. Same with Tyce.

Here's where I have the issue: Each of the routines performed tonight were perfection when they were originally performed. Twitch and Katie, Joshua and Katie, Addiction....there just wasn't any room for improvement. They set the current cast up for failure, IMO. And who thought it would be a good idea to redo the bench dance? These poor dancers didn't stand a chance. Not at this stage of the competition, anyway. We barely know who they are (thanks to all the weeks off), they haven't grown enough to compete with the originals and they pulled in two judges who had no idea who any of them are or any knowledge of the original dances. WHAT?? If they were going to do this, they should have saved it for the week before the finale and had them partner with a pro.

Now that I got that off my chest, I'm pissed at who went home, too. No way should Amelia have been sent over...gosh, I don't even know her name. Ballroom girl. I don't think her or Whitney are as good as some of the other girls. And my favorite guy got sent home (Dareon) in favor of George, who is a terrific dancer but has zero personality that I can see.

One last thought...yeah, I know the heaven/father dance means something special to Mia and I respect that, but it doesn't give the dancers much to work with. Frankly, I think I could probably pull it off since there aren't any splits or backbends or any of the fun stuff. Let's just swoop around the floor, picking up flowers and smiling happily. Hell, I did that at my wedding. I fear for my favorite girl, Audrey because she got stuck with that stinker.
    Shoepie, Coco46 and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast