+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 8/15 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

This is the point in the season where I have to remind myself that it's not "America's BEST dancer." NO WAY should Cyrus still be there over some of the guys that have gone home. He's a good dancer, but not to the level of the rest of the guys that made the show. He's there because of his personality.

Very sad to see Amelia go. She was one of my favorites. I am thrilled that George is still there. He's my favorite of the guys. He and Eliana are probably my top two, although Chehon has beautiful technique.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I absolutely think they should have kept Amelia. Her solo dance was the best of them, by far.

I am also not happy with Cyrus still being there. He is extremely easy to like and he has amazing drive and heart, but he is nowhere near as good a dancer as any of the guys in the bottom three. He needs training in other forms of dance. Had he not been safe, I do believe the judges would not have saved him this week.

Cole and Chehon are my favorite two guys right now with Wil a close third.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

This concept was so unfair to the dancers. Those routines were classics and incomparable. Darien danced his heart out, but I knew George was the save as soon as he landed in the bottom. Same with Lindsey. They are all so good this year, I don't want anyone to go home!
    sparklete and hbg76 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This is the point in the season where I have to remind myself that it's not "America's BEST dancer." NO WAY should Cyrus still be there over some of the guys that have gone home. He's a good dancer, but not to the level of the rest of the guys that made the show. He's there because of his personality.

Very sad to see Amelia go. She was one of my favorites. I am thrilled that George is still there. He's my favorite of the guys. He and Eliana are probably my top two, although Chehon has beautiful technique.

I love Will ... the dances he has performed have been fluff choreo, I think once he gets some choreo he can sink his teeth into, we will see something very special.

Amelia should still be there. I don't understand the save for Lindsey. At this point, Audrey is my favorite girl.

SO glad they eliminated Dareian. They've been commenting on his bad feet since the auditions and he either hasn't done anything to work on them or he CAN'T do anything. It really doesn't matter how good he is at everything else. Those feet just ruin the line. I was glad one of the guest judges pointed it out too. When Nigel remarked that they'd been talking about it since the auditions, I knew that if he was in the bottom, he'd be going home. Problems like that are really hard to correct, but I've seen dancers improve their feet. You can fight biology a bit. He's never going to have feet like Chehon, but they could be better. If he doesn't improve them, I can't see him getting much work as a dancer.

I'm glad someone commented on Janelle's hair. All that hair in the face drives me nuts and it's not just her. Several girls this season have long hair flopping in their faces. I find it really distracting. Maybe it's supposed to look sexier than a bun or a ponytail or something, but I hated dancing with my hair down. You get all sweaty and it sticks to your face and neck. Yuck.

ETA: Forgot to say that Cole and Lindsay killed it tonight. I didn't really have a preference between the blonde ballroom girls, but I think Lindsay is emerging as the better - or at least more versatile - of the two. Cole was amazing in that routine. I thought they were better than the original.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

First a to Mia.I love love love her choreography.

I am sad that Amelia was sent home.I think she was very shocked as well bless her..I didn't like her last performance( two weeks ago) and I wasn't keen on her this week.But overall she was a good dancer. I do like Whitney and I also think Lindsey can dance very well. She has such great legs and her lines are terrific.

Janelle was falling behind, but she is one terrific belly dancer, she makes it looks so easy.I wish her well

I love The Door routine - But Cyrus is definitely no Twitch. I don't see the love for this guy.

Except for Amelia - the right ones went home

This show seems very rushed to me this season. Something is *off* -perhaps its the way they are let go at the end.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    First a to Mia.I love love love her choreography.

I am sad that Amelia was sent home.I think she was very shocked as well bless her..I didn't like her last performance( two weeks ago) and I wasn't keen on her this week.But overall she was a good dancer. I do like Whitney and I also think Lindsey can dance very well. She has such great legs and her lines are terrific.

Janelle was falling behind, but she is one terrific belly dancer, she makes it looks so easy.I wish her well

I love The Door routine - But Cyrus is definitely no Twitch. I don't see the love for this guy.

Except for Amelia - the right ones went home

This show seems very rushed to me this season. Something is *off* -perhaps its the way they are let go at the end.
    I agree. I don't like the format where they are eliminated the same night that they all dance. Instead of the fun dancing at the end, everyone is somber. Also, it seems that we aren't getting to know them very well without the competition night and the elimination night as separate nights.

Are they going to continue with one night a week with the All Stars as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I agree. I don't like the format where they are eliminated the same night that they all dance. Instead of the fun dancing at the end, everyone is somber. Also, it seems that we aren't getting to know them very well without the competition night and the elimination night as separate nights.

Are they going to continue with one night a week with the All Stars as well?
    As far as I know , yes they are. I think I said this before- I like to leave this show feeling good. This season I haven't felt that way.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree with everyone else. I thought redoing routines that were already so amazingly great the first time around was stupid and very unfair to this group of kids. Some of the routines still brought tears to my eyes, but mainly because I was remembering them from the first time. No one danced as well as the originals and I think it would have been impossible for any of them to do so. The impact just wasn't the same and it just made me miss Katy and Josh that much more lol. I can't believe they let Amelia go! Crazy!! I would have kept Matthew over George as well, but that is just selfish on my part because some of that reasoning is because I love his looks hehe.

Chiming in on the loss of a separate night for the results... I miss that format as well. I don't believe the judges go in there not knowing whom they are going to eliminate from the get go. These performances don't make a difference. I do believe however, that the "Dance for your Life" can make a difference. At least it used to when the results were on the following evening. Oh well...

Here's to hoping to see some new routines next week. Oh and... I love WILL!!!
    sparklete likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

They kept talking about how Mia had CREATED the choreography for the original dancers. Yes, dancers must be able to step in and do generic choreography as Nigel said (e.g., joining an existing Broadway show). But if a dance is created for a specific pair of dancers, there's little likelihood that a different pair will ever measure up. I was disappointed with last night's show, even though I love many of this year's dancers.

And I love Will, too, mesachick!
    mesachick likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast