+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 7/25 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Re: 7/25 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I didn't mind the same night elimination last week, but I think this week really revealed the weakness in that format.

I thought Amber and Brandon were among the best tonight. They got eliminated for last week's performance, I know, but considering that a number of couples did much worse this week and were safe, it seems particularly cruel. I'd be happy with a 30 minute elimination show. What the heck else does Fox have to do with the time? It's not like they have tons of original summer programming.

Yes, maybe Amber and Brandon still would have been eliminated based on last week's performance, but it wouldn't have been less than 2 hours after having given a terrific performance this week....one that they probably would not have been eliminated for.
    If you want a format where they just select the bottom 3 and eliminate constestants like before, then you would not have seen Amber and Brandon dance last night. Besides, this eliminates a Thursday results show. It saves us an extra day a week of watching. Having the performance and the results on the same night is a welcome modification of the format. What I don't agree is for the judges to know the bottom 3 a week before. It takes away from the suspense. What good is their praise when they've already decided who is going home? Obviously, the one person who didn't have to do the dance-off will be saved and the ones they asked to dance again are in danger of going home.

I think America got the bottom 3 girls wrong. As for the bottom 2 guys, I agree with America.

Who is John Galt?

I totally disagree with the "love" for Cyrus. As delightful as he is as a person, he has been EXTREMELY lucky to have been given routines with choreographers who play to his strengths. The routine - a robot and a ballerina - for dancers who are a robot and a ballerina - what?? It is unfortunate that Brandon (a much more versatile dancer) had to leave and Cyrus is still there.

Does anyone know if they are going to be adding the "all-stars" when they get to Top 10 like they did last year? I haven't heard Nigel mention it at all this season.

You know, I haven't heard. I tried googling it and came up empty.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

I don't think it was Amber's time to go yet, that being said Cyrus is hanging on by a thread and I don't know how long the show can save him. "I Will Always Love You" Is a very lovely long although it is sappy, I think the song gave the performance more than the dancers.

Ok..I have an answer. Four dancers leave on Wednesdays show and the following week (August 22) the final 10 paid up with all stars.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Ok..I have an answer. Four dancers leave on Wednesdays show and the following week (August 22) the final 10 paid up with all stars.
    Four leave? oh dear.

Well I am still looking forward to the show.I have missed it.It isnt like BB is holding my interest
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I'm catching up on past shows. Amber had a phenomenal night: pair and solo dance! Would have loved to see more of her, and Brandon as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123