+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 7/25 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Re: 7/25 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    BTW, I totally hate "I Will Always Love You". Can't STAND that friggin' song!

I'm glad that of the bottom three girls Amber left so I don't have to look at her awful hair anymore. It's sad and I suppose superficial of me because her last dance showed how much talent she has but I can't get past her hair to see the beauty of her dance.

Cyrus is my favorite of all the dancers. I enjoy watching him so much! I love that the choreographers are working with his skills and putting in robotic moves. I imagine that they're delighted to work with him because he brings something new to the mix that previous dancers haven't.
    I don't totally HATE Whitney's "I Will Always Love You" (I actually prefer Dolly's version), but it's been played to the point -- for me, even BEFORE she passed --- where if I never hear it again, I'll be OK with that (like "My Heart Will Go On" and "Beautiful". Absolutely CANNOT deal with either of those on ANY level, anymore! Don't care WHO it is that's singing 'em!).

I don't think you're being superficial about Amber's hair. Personally, I always thought it sucked. Honestly, tonight was the ONLY time she danced that I can recall keying in on the moves she was making on the floor, rather than following her woven/bottled golden glow of an ode to Monroe.

Yep, Cyrus rocks. Still a bit concerned about those gauges, but he's a wonderful dancer.

Wish they would've kept Brandon, but, oh well, y'cain't have it all!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Cyrus and Eliana tonight--just AMAZING. I must have watched that routine 6 times and on every replay I saw some nuance that I missed previously--what an excellent performance!
    I wish all the dances were this good! Also, I wish they wouldn't always sacrifice the tappers, steppers, etc... before the contemporary dancers. I think the contemporary folks have demonstrated that they aren't all that hot at ballroom and the "other" genres tend to do quite well (or at least decent) in contemporary, hip-hop and jazz so I don't get the problem !
    toddw likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think Brandon might have been able to save himself with a better dance-for-your-life performance. He didn't really show anything tricky or original to give the judges a reason to save him. I knew he was a goner after Dareian danced.

I really dislike when the judges make comments that allude to future performances. For example, tonight Christina told Cyrus that he hadn't drawn contemporary yet and that it was going to be tough for him. Well, it probably is going to a challenge, but he already knows this. No need to mention it before it happens and make him even more apprehensive about it. Who knows? Maybe he'll practice longer, work harder and do well. It's really a toss up but don't piss on his parade before he even gets a chance to march in it. Jeez.
    CupidGuest, pikachu and Coco46 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I didn't mind the same night elimination last week, but I think this week really revealed the weakness in that format.

I thought Amber and Brandon were among the best tonight. They got eliminated for last week's performance, I know, but considering that a number of couples did much worse this week and were safe, it seems particularly cruel. I'd be happy with a 30 minute elimination show. What the heck else does Fox have to do with the time? It's not like they have tons of original summer programming.

Yes, maybe Amber and Brandon still would have been eliminated based on last week's performance, but it wouldn't have been less than 2 hours after having given a terrific performance this week....one that they probably would not have been eliminated for.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best of the evening for me( without a doubt) was Chehon and Whitney I am so glad she was able to show a completely different side to her. She is talented - as are they all.She just really needed to show it

Tiffany and George and that whole baby routine - I disliked it

Amber and Brandon were HOT They had such chemistry .I liked her hair, I have a niece thats a hairdresser, and she changes her hair more than her clothes Amber was lithe and strong.I hate to see any of them go home, they are living their dream and it's their passion

Darien and Janelle, not good tonight. I am not sure why she kept waving her head around her hair/head

Cole and Lindsay - another excellent routine. Lindsay, wow!

Amelia and Will, I just didn't feel it tonight It was flat for me.They are still very good, I didn't like their routine

Cyrus and Eliana tonight- very good. I dont know why she is connecting with the audience

Audrey and Matt, it looked awkward and disjointed, the salsa didn't look sexy. Just lukewarm instead of hot

But they all deserve a
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Amber and Brandon were HOT They had such chemistry .I liked her hair, I have a niece thats a hairdresser, and she changes her hair more than her clothes.
    Amber has a collection of wigs and weaves and I love that she changes it up all the time. I think it would be fun to wear it short when the mood struck you and then long the next day because ....well, because you just felt like it...lol.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Amber has a collection of wigs and weaves and I love that she changes it up all the time. I think it would be fun to wear it short when the mood struck you and then long the next day because ....well, because you just felt like it...lol.
    Me too! I tried on wigs one day.I looked pretty gruesome in some of them, in others, not bad. She is young, its hair
    I wish they had not gone home tonight( sigh)
    JavaJo likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't mind changing up hairstyles. That's fine. I just don't think the hair colors she was choosing were flattering. At least the color last night wasn't so bad but it was a little too wild-looking for my liking. I guess it was supposed to be that way since they were depicting a morning scene. She had a major case of bedhead!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't mind changing up hairstyles. That's fine. I just don't think the hair colors she was choosing were flattering. At least the color last night wasn't so bad but it was a little too wild-looking for my liking. I guess it was supposed to be that way since they were depicting a morning scene. She had a major case of bedhead!
    LOL she did a bit yes. I didn't think blond hair suited her either. But her dancing last night was fabulous.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast