+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/18 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

I think the elimination at the end is a good idea. It gives them one more chance to show the judges how good they are. Though it did seem they had their decision ready to go I don't think this will be the norm. They are going to be at odds at some point and need to conference more than just a commercial break.

They are really at the mercy of their choreographer. The judges repremanded the guy who styled that lame dance, as well they should have! Terrible! I hope he got more grief than what we saw.

I knew Alexa would go when I saw her there. The judges were harsh on her not emoting over and over and over!

Cyrus is going to be a favorite in the vote department and will stay longer than skilled men who have a chance at winning. Too bad. I like the guy but he is nowhere close to the men who were eliminated last night. It is a mystery why they put him through, the first round, without even going to choreography.

I just like to leave on a high note, after two hours of wonderful dancing. I almost wish the elimination part was taped, and then shown at the start.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post

Regarding the name "Nick" being cursed, the first winner was a Nick, but that season felt rigged to me, so...
    Since you mentioned season 1 winner, Nick, and since I'[m not sure where else to put his, I chose here, but it can certainly be moved if appropriate. There is a new show starting July 31 on Oxygen called All the Right Moves. It is about Travis, Nick, and Teddy Forance forming a new dance company called, Shaping Sounds. Teddy also persuades his long time friend, Kyle Robinson, to come out to California to join them. The entire first episode is showing On Demand and I watched it last night. Several others that we know will be part of the company. From what I saw so far, there is a lot of ego, a lot of drama, and a lot of great dance. It's going to be on Tuesday nights and I think the time is 8/7.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The current format of this season's show is a lose-lose predicament. I would prefer they go back to a 30 minutes results show padded with a couple of group numbers and calling each dancer up and announcing "safe" or bottom 3 (or B4 or whatever number). From the bottom group, the 2 or 4 lowest vote getters go home period. The "judges" give feedback and/or critique only.

I enjoy the show, love the ability of the dancers, love love love Cat Deeley, enjoy the choreographers, music, costumes, lighting and most of the judges Mary Murphy is knowledgeable but I find myself FF thru every stinkin thing she says because she's just annoying in how she speaks/acts. I have mad respect for Executive-Producer-Mr.-Nigel-Lythgoe-sir however, for me, he comes across as someone who wants to be seen/perceived as very very nice for the public or in front of the cameras but is anything BUT that way behind the scenes.

Regardless of all this, I continue to watch because overall I really enjoy it as mindless-summertime-entertainment

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Who is John Galt?

[/QUOTE]Cyrus is going to be a favorite in the vote department and will stay longer than skilled men who have a chance at winning. Too bad. I like the guy but he is nowhere close to the men who were eliminated last night. It is a mystery why they put him through, the first round, without even going to choreography.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with the above statement. He is an engaging young man and I admire his fortitude, BUT . . he does not belong with this group of dancers. It seems that they try to choreograph the numbers playing to his strengths and giving him his type of moves, but it comes across very lame. I didn't realize this was a "let's give the guy a chance" type of show. I thought it was "who are(is) the best dancer(s)". He seems to try hard, but is not able to adapt to dances that are not in his genre. I am disappointed that some very skilled male dancer may have been eliminated from competing because they wanted to give him a "try".
    Endit likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    It's unfortunate that the choreography can have such an impact, but let's face it, a well executed but unappealing routine can spell doom for the dancers.
    Totally agree about horrible choreography having a detrimental impact, and unfortunately Cole and his partner were the victims of HORRIBLE choreography (and terrible costumes and dance concept) this week! I hope he'll survive the cut in spite of all of that, because he is such a fabulous dancer!!!
    TV_Junkie likes this.

It looked like the judges already decided who they were going to save and even before the bottom 3 results for each gender were announced. Which only means that they were already informed days in advanced who were the bottom dwellers. The choreographers were also given the information and the judges made their decision based on opinions provided them by the choreographers. So in that sense the bottom contestants were already judged not only on the performance from the previous week but also on the current week.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    It looked like the judges already decided who they were going to save and even before the bottom 3 results for each gender were announced. Which only means that they were already informed days in advanced who were the bottom dwellers. The choreographers were also given the information and the judges made their decision based on opinions provided them by the choreographers. So in that sense the bottom contestants were already judged not only on the performance from the previous week but also on the current week.
    This is what I mean when I say I can't help but feel like the show is rigged; it doesn't feel spontaneous any more, and half the time, I feel like the judges, particularly Nigel, is giving feedback just to justify the eliminations.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234