+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Re: 7/18 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Help me out here...

Were the bottom 3 dancers, guys and gals, already decided before they danced last night?

If they were, then I think the eliminations should have been done in the beginning, rather than the end. With all of the dancers, dancing again, voters may have different opinion on who they voted for.

Of course, it would mean possibly different partners, but this just seems strange. The results show was a better way of eliminating.
    Yes, I posted the same thing. They should be eliminated first. They have to learn a routine, and then go? It seems stupid to me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I feel sad for Daniel and Alexa. Last week they had that piece in all red where they were critized for not acting during it (it was so challenging that there was literally no room for them to do so even if wanted to) and this week they end up with something like it again! "Move A connects to B, B to C, and so on", only this time they're like "We know you know how the game is played, so now you must dance in and around a bathtub as well". This is ridiculous. Am I the only one who noticed the difficulty? Yes, it was a beautiful piece, but the moves and routine to me seemed too demanding to me, no time to inject character again.

I feel so much for the first ones eliminated.
    • Alexa went through last season being the final one cut, to this season where she was doubted and had a rough ride, to only get eliminated first.
    • And Janea (not sure of spelling) got a RAW DEAL. She wasn't featured during the auditions (ok, for 10 total seconds in a couple of clips), or Las Vegas, and when she made the show, I was like, "Who?" She probably lost a lot of support from just that!
    • I'm pissed Nick is gone too because now we don't have any male primary ballroom dancers. His critique this week was "I didn't notice you since you were making your partner look really good". What the hell is that!? I thought he great, and part of his job is making the woman stand out. Wasn't that tap dancer from last season who got eliminated first ALSO named Nick? Curse of the having the name nick?
    • I thought they would have kept Daniel, actually I was shocked when they didn't, but I think they are back to their old tricks and want to keep the couples together like last season.
    Last edited by Endit; 07-20-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Help me out here...

Were the bottom 3 dancers, guys and gals, already decided before they danced last night?

If they were, then I think the eliminations should have been done in the beginning, rather than the end. With all of the dancers, dancing again, voters may have different opinion on who they voted for.

Of course, it would mean possibly different partners, but this just seems strange. The results show was a better way of eliminating.
    From what the judges said, I think they were chosen to go before they performed. But with this setup, they have to perform before being eliminated because we aren't voting for couples anymore...we are voting for individuals. So, let's say Alexa was in the bottom and was being let go but Daniel was not. Who would he dance with for that nights performance?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, I posted the same thing. They should be eliminated first. They have to learn a routine, and then go? It seems stupid to me.
    This is a double edged sword which I think is for the best. The audience gets to seem them dance more once, they get to work with the choreographers once more, and although it might not save them, that extra dance still has the potential to.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    This is a double edged sword which I think is for the best. The audience gets to seem them dance more once, they get to work with the choreographers once more, and although it might not save them, that extra dance still has the potential to.
    Yes, and I was reading what Java jo said, and she is right If one was sent away before the end, who would the other dance with ( never thought of that) she's smart ya know .

Anyway, I love to see them dance. Even if its for one last time, as you say
    JavaJo likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Flattery will get you everywhere, Miss Fanny.

I think the judges should take into consideration that last dance...and it didn't seem like they did this week. Janaya was absolutely terrific this week and Whitney was mediocre and I didn't think she was very good last week in her own genre. It was sloppy..which I'm sure that had something to do with her partner but still. I think she should have went with Alexa and Janaya should have been saved. But that's just my opinion.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Flattery will get you everywhere, Miss Fanny.

I think the judges should take into consideration that last dance...and it didn't seem like they did this week. Janaya was absolutely terrific this week and Whitney was mediocre and I didn't think she was very good last week in her own genre. It was sloppy..which I'm sure that had something to do with her partner but still. I think she should have went with Alexa and Janaya should have been saved. But that's just my opinion.
    I know that miss Java

I think I miss the elimination night( it could be 30 minutes) that would be fine.
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree and instead of seeing other people perform, I'd rather see the dancers in the bottom perform solo's. Some of the best dancing comes from that. Lauren's were always good, as were Twitch and Joshua's.

I don't know how I feel about this show anymore. On one hand, I enjoy the "fun" characterful pieces, but on the other hand, I could do without any Bollywood pieces because they seem to just give everybody trouble, to a point where it feels like I'm being punished by having to watch dancers perform something so far out of their element that they're almost guaranteed to do it poorly (in comparison to professionals who specialize in the style).

Also found Nigel's "we (the judges) don't vote anybody off, we only save people" speech to be defensive, nonsensical and insulting to my intelligence. Sure, American voters vote for who they want to keep, but the judges choose who get eliminated, and even if they call it "saving" dancers, that's just a matter of semantics, because they're ultimately eliminating whoever they don't "save", basically voting them off. To me, he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut, because now, he's pretty much highlighted how the power to keep and drop dancers is actually in the hands of the judges, not the voters, and I can't help but feel like the show is already rigged, like the producers and judges already have a winner in mind, and the show itself is just a formality leading up to the coronation, rather than being a legitimate competition.

Glad Alexa is gone; she felt forced through, almost more for being a previous contestant's sister than on her own merits. Janaya was fodder, given the fact she had almost no screen time during auditions and Vegas week.

Regarding the name "Nick" being cursed, the first winner was a Nick, but that season felt rigged to me, so...
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Also found Nigel's "we (the judges) don't vote anybody off, we only save people" speech to be defensive, nonsensical and insulting to my intelligence. Sure, American voters vote for who they want to keep, but the judges choose who get eliminated, and even if they call it "saving" dancers, that's just a matter of semantics, because they're ultimately eliminating whoever they don't "save", basically voting them off. To me, he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut, because now, he's pretty much highlighted how the power to keep and drop dancers is actually in the hands of the judges, not the voters, and I can't help but feel like the show is already rigged, like the producers and judges already have a winner in mind, and the show itself is just a formality leading up to the coronation, rather than being a legitimate competition.
    I wouldn't go as far as you did, but yeah, I found it a bit superior attitude, like "We're better than those other shows that specifically eliminate players". I think what he meant to say is unlike Survivor, Big Brother, etc, where people vote for who to go home, they only vote for who to stay, and that is supposed to be a more positive feature (the judges and the viewers don't axe anybody directly). It's indirect. It didn't come across the the right way.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Regarding the name "Nick" being cursed, the first winner was a Nick, but that season felt rigged to me, so...
    I had no freaking idea about anything in those line either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast