+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Re: 7/18 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

I thought Amelia and Audrey were standouts tonight Audrey is so tiny, and yet she fills the stage, her leg extensions are amazing!

I felt so sorry for my gal Janelle - she is so good and the choreography was poor for them

All of them were good
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought Amelia and Audrey were standouts tonight Audrey is so tiny, and yet she fills the stage, her leg extensions are amazing!

I felt so sorry for my gal Janelle - she is so good and the choreography was poor for them

All of them were good
    Audrey is currently my favorite gal ... have loved her from her first audition. I wasn't thrilled with Amelia prior to the top 20, but have loved both of her dances and her. I thought she was going to be a one trick pony with the Betty Boop quirky persona, she sure surprised me!
    JavaJo likes this.

so sorry to hear Daniel is gone...I haven't seen last night's epi yet but he was stuck with a dud of a partner and routine last week
    Arielflies and sparklete like this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

It's unfortunate that the choreography can have such an impact, but let's face it, a well executed but unappealing routine can spell doom for the dancers. I'm liking Amelia and Audrey thus far. Not sure which guys are on my fave list yet.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was happy with the judges' choice of who to save. Unfortunately it's still so early in the season I don't remember everyone so I wasn't familiar with most of the other people who got eliminated, except Alexa. I remember her because the judges warned her in Vegas that she was coming across as emotionless and she needed to work on that. I agreed with them that she and her partner did their routine last night precisely but failed to make any connection with each other or the audience. Learning the moves is one thing but the art of a dancer is to weave those moves into a story.

I still really love Cyrus. He has so much personality, it makes me smile to watch him dance. He's like a big friendly dog you just want to hug! He might not be the best dancer this season when it comes to technical skill but dancers can improve on their skill through hard work and determination. You can't learn a great personality, which he has in spades. Cole reminds me of one of my past favorite SYTYCD alumni, Mark Kanemura. He can dress up and look all sophisticated but he can also be a goofy, quirky guy. I like that duality. Cheon is reminding me of Alex Wong. I think he has so much potential but he trips himself up when he takes things too seriously. When he relaxes and embraces the new styles of dance he's being exposed to, like Alex did, he's stunning! Most of the girls are good so it's hard to choose a favorite amongst them. I'm waiting for one of them to consistently amaze me enough where I take notice of her and actually learn her name.

FORT Fogey

Amber and Brandon will dance together next week. I wish they could have moved the double elimination to mid season. Janaya was so good last night, and Nick really showed his ballroom skills. We lost the only ballroom guy
    Endit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Amber and Brandon will dance together next week. I wish they could have moved the double elimination to mid season. Janaya was so good last night, and Nick really showed his ballroom skills. We lost the only ballroom guy
    I dont like the way they cut them They dance a really good routine( Iike Janaya) then she goes home
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was a bit surprised they kept Chehon over Nick. I though Nick to be the better of the two at least in what we had seen over the past two weeks. Not surprised they kept Whitney.

I enjoyed most of the routines last night. Will and Amelia are my favorite couple/favorite dancers so far. Sonya's pieces are pretty amazing as well. Not sure who will end up in the bottom six. I wish they weren't eliminating so many kids this early. 8 gone in two weeks is too many!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I was a bit surprised they kept Chehon over Nick. I though Nick to be the better of the two at least in what we had seen over the past two weeks. Not surprised they kept Whitney.
    I know! Chehon didn't do well last week and while this week was better, Nick had more versatility in other styles. I was floored when they let him go. Especialy since they said they talked to the choreographers.

I like Whitney, but she had her own style last week and I didn't think she danced it that well. I saw several mistakes. Janaya was terrific last night...she really brought humor to her dance. It was such a cute performance.

The ballerina, I didn't like her dancing last week, but loved her last night. Audrey is still my favorite girl though.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Help me out here...

Were the bottom 3 dancers, guys and gals, already decided before they danced last night?

If they were, then I think the eliminations should have been done in the beginning, rather than the end. With all of the dancers, dancing again, voters may have different opinion on who they voted for.

Of course, it would mean possibly different partners, but this just seems strange. The results show was a better way of eliminating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast