+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion thread *spoilers*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 7/11 Show Discussion thread *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like funky cutting edge hair but Amber's is distracting and just not good. There is too much going on. Get rid of the dark spot on the top for starters. She really can't change it much because it makes her recognizable at this point.
    I hated her hair so much! I couldn't even pay attention to her dancing because I was distracted by her awful hair. I hope she does change it before the season ends.

I wasn't impressed by Sean Cheesman's choreography. Like the lady who choreographed frenetic discos in the past, his routines were too fast-paced and complicated. They didn't give the dancers the opportunity to inject any personality into them. How can you make any connection with your partner or capture any facial expression when you're dancing 100 miles an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    well Chehon and Whitney had energy....but!

Chehon needs to loosen up lose the ballet training quick. Also there was no connection between the 2 of them.

love, love seeing Louis!
    Loved seeing Louis, too. As for Chehon, it took Patrick Swayze months to change his ballet training for Dirty Dancing. He frequently said how hard it was, so I wasn't expecting Chehon to do it in a few days. I think he'll improve, given the cahnce.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Oops, forgot to add that the paso, Titanic, and kitty routines were my favorites of the night.
    combatcutie, Shoepie and sparklete like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Just wondering if the show is ever going to get real hip hop choreographers again? Nappy Tabs are NOT. I'm sorry. Just call them urban lyrical or something!
    Completely agree! Either call what they choreograph something else, or get a real hip hop choreographer in there. I do like their routines, especially when they get the chance to really energize and get creative. It's magic!

Hey, maybe they can define the different styles? Tyce does it, why not them? He'll do a contemporary piece, or jazz, or broadway. Last night, the alcohol routine was close to hip hop, but the kitty routine was much more a pop dance. I'm sure there is a techincal term that I'm not using

Maybe it's cause I have a lower standard, but I found all of the routines good. Sure, there was some that I forgot, but there was none that I hated or wanted to fast forward through.
    pikachu and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Maybe it's cause I have a lower standard, but I found all of the routines good. Sure, there was some that I forgot, but there was none that I hated or wanted to fast forward through.
    Same here. That's why I love this show.
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Wasn't it Cyrus's partner, the ballerina, he said that to? Which, she is a terrific dancer, but the best this season? I have my doubts about that. I can name three that I think are better...Audrey, Janelle, and the ballroom girl who danced last in the Paso.

It takes me awhile to click into who is who. Thanks for the correction.

I think the only reason I know their names is because I had to go through each one to post their individual threads in this forum...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Who is John Galt?

Cole is my favorite guy (fantastic paso) and the girl who did the Titanic number is my fave of the girls. Their partners were also great. The cutest routine was the kitties, but the Titanic and Paso were the best IMO. I hope Chehon doesn't get eliminated and manages to get over his ballet tendencies and nerves (going first can't have been fun). Personally, I think the sweet guy with the ear plugs is over matched by the competition, but he is most inspiring. When all of his friends left and didn't even try, he stayed in there and made it. The kid has guts and grit, but he does need better skills. The piece he got last night suited his style, but ballroom will be a big challenge for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Wasn't it Cyrus's partner, the ballerina, he said that to? Which, she is a terrific dancer, but the best this season? I have my doubts about that. I can name three that I think are better...Audrey, Janelle, and the ballroom girl who danced last in the Paso.
    I agreed with Nigel - I think Eliana is the best girl, technically. I think she's got such great stage presence as well. I can't wait to see what she does this season. I think there are lots of good dancers this season, but she's one of my favorites. I really want to see her do ballet, but not until further on in the competition when she can be paired with Daniel or Chehon.

I have to say, I'm sick to death of all these girls whipping their long hair around. It's really distracting. I never wore my hair down when I danced. It got in the way. Plus, hair sticking to sweaty skin = ICK.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast