+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion thread *spoilers*

Re: 7/11 Show Discussion thread *spoilers*

Oh my goodness, I just loved that Paso Doble. What a beautiful dance and that Cole is my #1 guy right now.
    Jezebella and sparklete like this.

can't speak to Cole's technical skills in this paso doble, but MAN he has presence and attitude! I think he's my new fave guy!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

my weak picks for tonight:
    guys: Chehon (hurts to say this!), Brandon (victim of choreo) and maybe Will (cute routine, but Amelia stood out more)
    girls: Janaya (how she made the show is beyond me), Amber (waltzes are tough to shine in), and Alexa (is anyone surprised? Daniel seemed to be seriously holding back to keep in time with her)
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

First off LOUIS!

I think everyone was good . Its very hard with a partner, and different choreography. I liked Chehon, he did well considering he's ballet

Amelia is very good.I loved the kitty routine .Janelle is my favourite girl dancer. Mathew and Audrey had the best routine of the night( well done Travis) Its going to be a great season.

Was Mary on speed tonight I could hardly keep up with what she was saying .Kenny Ortega, what a nice person and so knowledgeable
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Loved Sonja's piece, the kitties routine, Hairspray, the african jazz, and the paso doble. Didn't understand the horrid shoes Amber was wearing. It was impossible for her to point her toes in them! Tonight liked Dareian, Cole, George, and Cyrus for the boys. For the girls, Janell, Eliana, Lindsay, Tiffany, and Amelia. I'm still a Chehon fan, but he needs to loosen up something fierce! Daniel did it, he can do it too

Such good talent this year!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    That last dance in the red seemed more like a gymnastic routine to me.
    That was terrible choregraphy. The judges all but said that. It was harsh to judge them on their facial expresion and not connecting with the audience given the strenuous routine. How could they have done more than just get through the steps? One lift was so awkward that it should have been eliminated by the choregrapher. What was he thinking?! The costumes were bad, as well. He is the one all of the dancers will dred having.

The choregraphy has as much to do with votes as does their skill.

I like funky cutting edge hair but Amber's is distracting and just not good. There is too much going on. Get rid of the dark spot on the top for starters. She really can't change it much because it makes her recognizable at this point.

Will is in danger. Napoleon was clearly annoyed at his inability to get into the character immediately. I get that. Will was nervous, that is all. It is funny how out of shape he is too. Odd.

Travis continues to amaze, his Titanic routine was beautiful!

What is Nigel doing when he told Wills partner that she was the bench mark for all the women? It is early to choose a favorite. It must effect the backstage dynamic and make it difficult for both her and her fellow dancers. Not good.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 07-12-2012 at 06:37 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have to say that Travis' dance was my favorite out of all of them. Audrey was fantastic. I also liked The dance with Amelia and the Paso
    Shoepie likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

What is Nigel doing when he told Wills partner that she was the bench mark for all the women? It is early to choose a favorite. It must effect the backstage dynamic and make it difficult for both her and her fellow dancers. Not good.
    Wasn't it Cyrus's partner, the ballerina, he said that to? Which, she is a terrific dancer, but the best this season? I have my doubts about that. I can name three that I think are better...Audrey, Janelle, and the ballroom girl who danced last in the Paso.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I have to say that Travis' dance was my favorite out of all of them. Audrey was fantastic. I also liked The dance with Amelia and the Paso
    Its odd, because I think I am the only one that didn't really enjoy the Paso. I agree with you, Travis Choreography was something else. I watched it again this morning.He is only 24- wow.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just wondering if the show is ever going to get real hip hop choreographers again? Nappy Tabs are NOT. I'm sorry. Just call them urban lyrical or something!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast