Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Critical
  • 1 Post By combatcutie
  • 1 Post By SpringMaiden27
  • 1 Post By Fanny Mare
  • 1 Post By Florimel

Thread: Amelia Lowe ~ Season 9

Amelia Lowe ~ Season 9

Amelia Lowe currently lives with her parents in Butler, NJ where she grew up. She is currently a senior in high school at the Academy of Visual and Performing Arts in Denville, NJ. Amelia has been dancing since the age of 3, and had her first performance when she was 5.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Amelia Lowe ~ Season 9

I honestly didn't think I was going to like this girl, but she proved me wrong last night. I thought she did fantastic.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

After all of Nigel's concerns about her ability to adapt to different choreography, she sure didn't have any problems this week! Their routine was one of my favorites of the night!

We always have so many contemporary girls who have long, wavy hair and wear the same outfits. I sometimes have trouble telling them all apart. I like that Amelia has her own style.
    combatcutie and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think she will be a surprise. I remember during Vegas Week when they told her to basically "get with the program and start looking like you like dancing" and then she did. I think she took that was a harsh learning lesson. Also, with Vegas out of the way, I think it's lifted her spirits, the lack of anxiety. Sure, they can still get eliminated, but it's not as fast and brutal as before. Even the her first top twenty performance with the 3 other contemporary dancers, Zooey Deschanel said she had a light coming from inside her. I saw it too. I think there is much we have yet to see.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

She was fantastic last night. She is becoming my front runner for the girls
    Florimel likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

She is blowing me away!
    Florimel likes this.

She has that IT factor. I love her dancing
    combatcutie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think maybe her issue in Vegas was the limited time they have to learn the dances. She focused on the steps alone. Now that they have more time, she's really starting to shine. She takes on the characters like a second skin and there is no doubt that she's a tremendous dancer. I can honestly see her winning the whole shebang.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

She reminds me a little of a young Carol Haney or Shirley MacLaine with her ability to take on a character while keeping her technique strong. Her lines and extensions last night were fantastic. I hope she goes far as I anticipate enjoying her routines.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    She reminds me a little of a young Carol Haney or Shirley MacLaine with her ability to take on a character while keeping her technique strong. Her lines and extensions last night were fantastic. I hope she goes far as I anticipate enjoying her routines.
    Shirley MacLaine - yes, excellent comparison Florimel
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread