+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 6/20 SYTYCD 9 Vegas Week **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/20 SYTYCD 9 Vegas Week **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Also, Chehon said in his bio piece that he wanted to break away from strictly ballet. This will afford him that opportunity.
    That's exactly what I love about this show....and probably why so many dancers - unknowns and professionals - want to the chance to be on SYTYCD. Where else would a dancer get the opportunity to dance so many different genres and work with such varied, well known and talented choreographers? Not only does it afford the kind of exposure the typical dancer will never have, but really, it's like dance boot camp
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yup I know Alex, and I loved him ( loved him) Alex would be doing great without SYTYCD. Dont you think ? He's just really lucky the injuries he sustained on this show didn't mess him up, so that he could of never danced again

I guess I like to see a complete unknowns take it. I love all the dancers. I certainly wasn't putting Chehon down.
    I had no idea that Alex existed before this show. He was an unknown to most of America. I'm sure he would be doing just fine but I highly doubt he'd be having the degree of success he's having now.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I had no idea that Alex existed before this show. He was an unknown to most of America. I'm sure he would be doing just fine but I highly doubt he'd be having the degree of success he's having now.

I agree. I guess I was just musing out loud , well, posting out loud.. I love dancers, I hate to see them hurt, and I hate even more if they screw up so badly that they cant dance. I hope they all do well, I will cheer for the least known
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Chehon mentioned it somewhere along the line, that he was dying to work outside his comfort zone and learn new styles.

The really great ones want this...want to push that envelope and risk failure but with the HUGE satisfaction that comes when it all gels and is perfect. Alex's hip hop is a stunning example...we all love it so much. Also, Hok when he did the "hummingbird" a few seasons back with Jamie... he was hip hop and came out with that gorgeous contemp piece. Just magical.
    TripleGemini and Jezebella like this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    This is a perfect example of production/planning/etc... I guarantee that Danielle will be back next year and one of the features. They will make her story something along the lines of "We first met Danielle last season and she was an early favorite! Then, she tried to be a good friend and help out a fellow competitor and ended up paying with her opportunity when she was seriously injured and rushed off to the hospital. Although she returned the head injury left Danielle tired, in pain and drastically behind in the group round...ending her chances for a spot in the top 20. Now, shes back and ready t omake it to the end."
    The audience will love her even more, she will have more than a "I like bacon" story (which isn't sappy enough for TPTB) and double exposure. They can show Sonja commenting on how disapoointed she was she didn't get to work with her, a zillion flashbacks of the injury and Danielle's positive attitude throughout the process. This is tv gold.
    While I am still in the middle of catching up with this thread, I just had to stop to make a comment on your post.

That was so spot-on to what they do on SYTYCD, you should apply for a job writing the promos for these spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    I think Chehon mentioned it somewhere along the line, that he was dying to work outside his comfort zone and learn new styles.

The really great ones want this...want to push that envelope and risk failure but with the HUGE satisfaction that comes when it all gels and is perfect. Alex's hip hop is a stunning example...we all love it so much. Also, Hok when he did the "hummingbird" a few seasons back with Jamie... he was hip hop and came out with that gorgeous contemp piece. Just magical.
    I thought Hok was very talented- I don't think I will ever forget his " hummingbird" routine
    Jezebella and Coco46 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567