+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 6/20 SYTYCD 9 Vegas Week **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/20 SYTYCD 9 Vegas Week **West Coast Spoilers**

Here is another site - Dance Magazine - that mentions him in the touring company of Twyla Tharp's "Sinatra."

Dance Magazine

Chehon Wespi-Tschopp and his partner Marcia Moreno, dancing for their final time together, held no prisoners as they took the audience on the smoldering rollercoaster ride that is their love-hate relationship.
    I can't get them to play but he is also listed in youtube videos with Sonya Tayeh and her Los Angeles Balllet.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-21-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    I swear to god if Chehon doesn't make the show I'll scream...well at least pout a heck of a lot!
    This show needs some MEN like they had in the past - Twitch, Robert, Pasha, Joshua, just to name a few! I'm tired of all the contemporary boys.

I thought Debbie Allen was going to rush the stage during Chehon's final solo (and I didn't blame her a bit! lol)

If Nigel wants different, he'll keep both the ballet men and both the ballroom women. Now THAT would be interesting
    If Chehon was the final ballet dancer - I so agree with you. I haven't seen anyone dance that beautifully and tell a story (at least male) since Alex Wong a couple of seasons ago.

The other one that got me was the young lady with the bobbed cut. I think her "To Kill a Mockingbird" dance for her life was absolutely gorgeous and told a story. And I agree with Nigel's reason to say no - I think he knew she would go through anyway, but wanted to give her a good push to work harder to feel the choreography. That was one case where the tough love really felt good because she is a very good dancer.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And yes, I'm SO hoping those tears we saw were tears of happiness, because I can't see her not making the show. Then again we had Ryan last year so...

As far as the person who mentionex Alexa and if she made the show she'd probably be harped on by the judges - I agree. She was eliminated over a contestant last year who had I think danced for one of the judges or was a protege (Ryan), and she was rather bitter about it (justifiably). So that pressure on her will be harsher because of it. I think she can dance; however, but I do agree she needs to show emotion more. One reason why Melanie won last year was that emotion on top of her dance - even on her weakest routines she was charming and intriguing because she emoted so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I was surprised that Audra (?), mini Michele Michaels, did not make it through. Why the giantic compliment if you didnt think she had the chops, as they say?
    Yeah, that made absolutely no sense to me, either. I also thought they should have let the quirky bacon chick dance for her life, considering she was injured by no fault of her own.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Yeah, that made absolutely no sense to me, either. I also thought they should have let the quirky bacon chick dance for her life, considering she was injured by no fault of her own.
    They had already passed her on that dance and she came back to partner a single male. No, it wasn't fair, but I think she was saying it was all right because her head still hurt.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    I swear to god if Chehon doesn't make the show I'll scream...well at least pout a heck of a lot!
    This show needs some MEN like they had in the past - Twitch, Robert, Pasha, Joshua, just to name a few! I'm tired of all the contemporary boys.

I thought Debbie Allen was going to rush the stage during Chehon's final solo (and I didn't blame her a bit! lol)

If Nigel wants different, he'll keep both the ballet men and both the ballroom women. Now THAT would be interesting
    Its strange because he has a career in dance. This is called So you think you a dance. Chehon is superb dancer( superb!) , so he knows he can dance. Why does he need this show or this show need him

I like it when there is an unknown that really takes this show to his or her limits, and we fall in love with them, because of the way they try/dance from day one, and follow their progress.
    Coco46 and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

=Fanny Mare;4496767]Its strange because he has a career in dance. This is called So you think you a dance. Chehon is superb dancer( superb!) , so he knows he can dance. Why does he need this show or this show need him

Two words....Alex Wong. He was doing just fine, dancing in a superb company, making his way, but then he did SYTYCD, stunned us with his hip-hop routine with Twitch and the rest is history. He got hurt before he could show us more, but that one dance on a national tv show put that kid on the map. You see his face everywhere now...from American Idol to Smash! I had no idea who he was but now...I most certainly do! It's all about the exposure.
    Katydyd and sclilred1 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its strange because he has a career in dance. This is called So you think you a dance. Chehon is superb dancer( superb!) , so he knows he can dance. Why does he need this show or this show need him.
    Two words....Alex Wong. He was doing just fine, dancing in a superb company, making his way, but then he did SYTYCD, stunned us with his hip-hop routine with Twitch and the rest is history. He got hurt before he could show us more, but that one dance on a national TV show put that kid on the map. You see his face everywhere now...from American Idol to Smash! I had no idea who he was but now...I most certainly do!
    Yup I know Alex, and I loved him ( loved him) Alex would be doing great without SYTYCD. Dont you think ? He's just really lucky the injuries he sustained on this show didn't mess him up, so that he could of never danced again

I guess I like to see a complete unknowns take it. I love all the dancers. I certainly wasn't putting Chehon down.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-22-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yup I know Alex, and I loved him ( loved him) Alex would be doing great without SYTYCD. Dont you think ? He's just really lucky the injuries he sustained on this show didn't mess him up, so that he could of never danced again

I guess I like to see a complete unknowns take it. I love all the dancers. I certainly wasn't putting Chehon down.
    Actually professional ballet dancers don't make gobs of money as a rule. SYTYCD affords these folks
    the exposure and possible opportunities to make more and have a greater range. I can totally understand their desire to take the chance

Also, Chehon said in his bio piece that he wanted to break away from strictly ballet. This will afford him that opportunity.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I just love the nickname she's gotten: "Quirky bacon chick." I'll bet she'd just love that!
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast