+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 6/20 SYTYCD 9 Vegas Week **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/20 SYTYCD 9 Vegas Week **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    What genre are they doing now?

Danielle's out.

But she was trying to help a fellow dancer out, so she can be proud of that, at least.
    This is a perfect example of production/planning/etc... I guarantee that Danielle will be back next year and one of the features. They will make her story something along the lines of "We first met Danielle last season and she was an early favorite! Then, she tried to be a good friend and help out a fellow competitor and ended up paying with her opportunity when she was seriously injured and rushed off to the hospital. Although she returned the head injury left Danielle tired, in pain and drastically behind in the group round...ending her chances for a spot in the top 20. Now, shes back and ready t omake it to the end."
    The audience will love her even more, she will have more than a "I like bacon" story (which isn't sappy enough for TPTB) and double exposure. They can show Sonja commenting on how disapoointed she was she didn't get to work with her, a zillion flashbacks of the injury and Danielle's positive attitude throughout the process. This is tv gold.
    ness, Hyper, BuckeyeAddict and 1 others like this.

To the Point

Fanny Mare, I totally get not being a huge fan of Cyrus. I think it's his willingness to just keep pushing through that I'm a fan of. I enjoy his performances, but I'm a much bigger fan of having such a positive, "never quit" attitude.

Cyrus seems more of an electrified robot to me, but of the street styles, I like him the best. It was fun seeing him trying t Cha Cha.

I like the girl with the retro hair (French cut). In her dance for her life, she really brought it. Will Alexa make it or not? She could slip back into technique/no emotion so easily. Give me the Swiss ballet dancer any day of the week and three times on Sunday - his blend of style is gorgeous, as is his "technique" of course. LOL BTW - he is the only one of the three male ballet dancers to make it through.

So looking forward to the Debut next week. I'll probably be surprised and possibly disappointed, but it looks to be a very good season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I figure if Alexa makes it this season they'll ride her ass the whole time about her needing to "sell it" and "feel it".
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Fanny Mare, I totally get not being a huge fan of Cyrus. I think it's his willingness to just keep pushing through that I'm a fan of. I enjoy his performances, but I'm a much bigger fan of having such a positive, "never quit" attitude.
    I like his style NL ( and his positive attitude) I love the show and never miss it, so I will wait on Cyrus.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Give me the Swiss ballet dancer any day of the week and three times on Sunday - his blend of style is gorgeous, as is his "technique" of course. LOL BTW - he is the only one of the three male ballet dancers to make it through.
    No, he's not. Two male ballet dancers made it through. Chehon the Swiss and Daniel Baker the Australian.

To answer my own question about Cole, he was evidently spotted making it through but has not been featured.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I figure if Alexa makes it this season they'll ride her ass the whole time about her needing to "sell it" and "feel it".
    That's to punish her for daring to look like Ryan but be better at dancing and more liked than her. I kind of am pulling for her because of the way she was treated but I kind of don't like her because she reminds me of Ryan whom I cannot stand.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I want Alexa, Cyrus, the belly dancer, either or both of the female ballroom girls and Audrey to make the top 20. Those are my favorites. Audrey, I had to do a double take because she looks exactly like my sister in law. They could be twins. Maybe that's why I'm rooting for her so hard!
    Add the male ballet dancer to the list, and I'm totally with you! As for Alexa, up until her last routine, where she finally came through, I was darn near yelling at the judges: "Seriously, you're letting her through again?? Just get rid of her!" Then, wow, what a difference! You could really see exactly what the judges were looking for in that last routine, and her personality just shone through Now will she win it all? Well, clearly if the judges have their way - but there are some really good dancers so far this season! I'm so sorry Hampton quit, I would have loved to see more of him, but I completely respect the way he did it. He was so much classier just admitting he didn't have the training the others did. He was humble, and obviously grateful for the experience. So unlike several others who could be mentioned. I really hope he is able to get some training and return next year. Maybe someone will sponsor him or something? He is waaay too talented not to get another shot. What he does is just so unique and moving.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I wonder if they will invite Hampton back to perform during the finale? They used to do that occasionally on results night but since that doesn't exist anymore, it would have to be done at the finale. I hope they do that, though! I'd love to see him again. Plus, a lot of people skip the audition process but watch the shows..so he would get even more exposure.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

If Alexa can dance she will be fine. If Alexa can't dance, or I should say, she isn't a stand out ,and nobody votes for her, she will have to leave. I don't get too upset at these shows anymore. I just love to watch the dancing( minus the drama) if possible. If they hurt themselves then I get upset for them

I love all the different choreography styles.
    SpringMaiden27 and mesachick like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast