+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 6/20 SYTYCD 9 Vegas Week **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/20 SYTYCD 9 Vegas Week **West Coast Spoilers**

Still adore Chehon! Top 20 and first dances next week.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I do too! I do find the gauges to be distracting though. What I love most is his amazingly positive attitude regardless of how difficult he was finding the choreography.
    THANKS, Lurker!

GAUGES! I couldn't for the LIFE of me remember what they were called, so I just went with hoops! Yep, I think they're distracting, too.

BUT, Cyrus DOES have a fantastic attitude, in addition to being talented, so I expect to see him go quite a ways with this.

And I'll be watching.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm shaking my head over the guy complaining about being criticized in public. Um, what exactly do you think being a professional dancer is like?
    Or an ACTOR?

If he can't stand the heat, he needs to keep his ass out of the kitchen.

After he came out with that, I just wrote him off as the second-class, childish idiot that he is, and was thankful they showed him the door.
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm a bit behind...damn dishes don't do themselves...
    Just throw them away and buy more!
    JavaJo likes this.

I try not to form any attachments at this point in the show because rarely do they make it all the way through. However, I have to say that Cyrus and girl who tries to look like a silent film star (her name is escaping me) have an unfair advantage if they get on the show. As does Alexa, they are already so heavily featured. It's a good thing I like all three of them so far. I like Daniel Baker and that other ballet guy (whose name is also escaping me). Will Nigel allow to ballet guys on the same show? It's ok to have 18 out of 20 dancers be contemporary but it's not OK to have 2 ballet guys in Nigels view of the show.

What happened to Cole Horibe (Contemporary/Martial Arts, 26)? The guy who wore the black bandana and did some amazing things during his audition? He did the emotionless warrior routine. I loved him and then he just sort of vanished. Anybody knows if he's still around or if he's been cut?

Janelle (Isis?) is really impressing me. I've watched some of her work online and she'd very good. She's also some sort of national title holder in belly dance. She's one to watch because she doesn't just do belly dance, although the show would have us believe it.

I hope Jason Alexander can recover and it really pissed me off that bacon loving girl got cut because some idiot kicked her in the head and she didn't have time to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Just throw them away and buy more!
    Or use paper, it's what I do. LOL I've got better things to do than dishes. So till the hubby gets me a maid, then I will be using paper plates lol.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 06-21-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Great dancers to choose from. I love watching them in small groups, its easy to pick out who is slightly better. I know some of them leave so heart broken, I wish Cat Deeley was there to give them a big hug!

Should be a great season.Dance on!
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    What happened to Cole Horibe (Contemporary/Martial Arts, 26)? The guy who wore the black bandana and did some amazing things during his audition? He did the emotionless warrior routine. I loved him and then he just sort of vanished. Anybody knows if he's still around or if he's been cut?
    I think he got cut last night.

Kind of writing my response as I'm watching, so here goes.

Very glad the extreme martial arts guy is gone; not even sure how he made it through auditions, given that his entire audition was sloppy.

Hampton withdrawing was a sad day, but I see where it came from, though hearing a judge say, "You did more than dance, you touched us," sounds kind of inappropriate as a soundbite, though I'll also admit that, I'm probably just sick. Andre, on the other hand, don't really miss him as much; it looks like he just gave up, whereas Hampton looked like he tried. And Boris, he somehow made his partner look bad, like he was there but wasn't even trying.

The number of dancers who seem a bit arrogant seem to have grown, or maybe it's really the first time the spotlight's been on them.

I kind of pity Danielle; getting kicked in the head is no laughing matter. Enjoyed her performances up until then. Glad she made a recovery, kind of think it's bull that she (and her group) got dropped.

Amelia is really just fun to watch.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    THANKS, Lurker!

GAUGES! I couldn't for the LIFE of me remember what they were called, so I just went with hoops! Yep, I think they're distracting, too.

BUT, Cyrus DOES have a fantastic attitude, in addition to being talented, so I expect to see him go quite a ways with this.

And I'll be watching.
    Pretty sure this guy is going to the top 20--he reminds me of Russell (who eventually won). He has a cool style and is willing to work--and it seems the judges always want at least one popper/crumper/etc... in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Pretty sure this guy is going to the top 20--he reminds me of Russell (who eventually won). He has a cool style and is willing to work--and it seems the judges always want at least one popper/crumper/etc... in the field.
    Well, I am not a huge Cyrus fan.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast