+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 5/30 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 5/30 Show Discussion Thread

I've vowed that I would watch no new reality shows and I've stuck to that, but there was one that caught my eye last night. Did anyone watch Breaking Pointe? It's a behind the scenes story about a ballet company and the struggles and successes of its dancers. I love ballet and I found this show, so far, to be legitimately real. It repeats tonight for anyone who hasn't seen it and who enjoys ballet.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Had just enough time this morning to watch the first 15 minutes of Breaking Pointe and I'm sad to say I was bored! Hope it picks up after that because I would love to see the dancing portions of the show.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    While I agree and am thankful, I can't help but notice the few amount of posts for this show and wonder how it does in the ratings.
    Seems to me I've heard that the ratings are slipping each year, sadly. I'll take this show any day over DWTS. The most recent Nielson Ratings I could find were for SYTYCD's first show this season, and it didn't make the top 20. In the 18-49 age range, it did tie for 12th, though.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Time Net Show 18-49 Rating/Sh Viewers (millions)
    8:00 FOX So You Think You Can Dance (8-10PM) 2.7/8 7.15

that is the ratings for this past Wednesdays show....came in first place.....7.15 million people watched I say it is pretty decent number.

Happy, happy, happy that my all-time favorite show is on again. Love Cat, Love Nigel (well, when he's not being too pervy) and can usually tolerate Mary. Mia is the only one I really ever had a serious issue with. Hopefully they've added some fresh talent for choreo.

Great talent so far! I think they're pushing the men this season after last season's strong women. I'm really liking the look and style of the Swiss ballet guy!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I love this show, but my DVR keeps deleting it and my Internet is too slow to watch the episodes online. And I have no time to watch it live.

Maybe next week...
    ~Supernatural Addict~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789