+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 5/30 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 5/30 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Why didn't this ballet guy come out and do this wonderful routine in the first place?
    He's lucky he didn't get cut after that stupid dance. Risky move to have done that, but it paid off for him.
    I agree, and felt that Nigel was very warranted kicking the guy in the butt after giving him the ticket. (Yeah, Nigel kicked him, but it wasn't hard, it was playful and as mentioned, the dancer was very lucky that Nigel et. al. notice the details in a dance and gave him another chance).

I liked the ring guy too, but I have a feeling he didn't make the choreography cut. That said, I kinda hope that there are groups who saw it and ask him to be in their events, such as Cirque. I haven't seen that particular style of dance with the metal hoops yet.

What a fantastic show tonight! How they are ever going to dwindle it down to top 20 I don't know. I hope Marshea makes it all the way to the show. He certainly deserves it!
    Jezebella likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Here's a clip of Bradley Henderson a member of Traces using the hoop:

Traces - Ring Dance - YouTube

If the show comes to a city near you, it is a must see! This was my favorite part of the show, but the entire performance is wonderful. It's like gritty Cirque.

I really enjoyed the Ninja's ( Nick and James) they belong on stage, just not sure where .Eliana , was beautiful to watch. When she was practicing on the pole, I knew she would be very good.Her leg muscles were something else, and that body was made for dance . I was very sad for Sam, her dancing reflected her sadness. I wonder if her mother saw her on the show- I doubt it.

David ( with the Cyr wheel) gave up in choreography.I do hope someone noticed him, he was mesmerizing.I loved his crazy circus loft! There is a Cyr Wheel Act (Cirque du Soleil) on you tube.

Some of the dancers we saw glimpses of were great! what a season this is going to be.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Here's a clip of Bradley Henderson a member of Traces using the hoop:

Traces - Ring Dance - YouTube

If the show comes to a city near you, it is a must see! This was my favorite part of the show, but the entire performance is wonderful. It's like gritty Cirque.
    I never saw this link! that's amazing! thank you

I was watching this on line: Cyr Wheel Act - CORTEO (Cirque du Soleil) - YouTube
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved:

Eliana - this girl has the chops...scholarship at Joffrey, joined Alvin Ailey and called to be in the cast of Viva Elvis in Las Vegas. With all this wonderful training, she prefers the pole *sigh*. Though that is probably where she developed her "legs" as Nigel called it. I take that back about the pole because her legs came from Joffrey training; absolutely gorgeous.

Cole Horibe incorporates Martial Arts into dance. His routine was that of a warrior trained to not show emotions. This junior Olympic silver medalist says he has experience in just about any style of dance out there - including ballroom. After Nigel's "high tea" he gets the ticket to Vegas.

I liked:

Alexa - cut last year in favor of an insider's protege Ryan. I can't wait to see if she goes farther than Ryan this year.

Nick and James, the Ninja Twins - hysterical back story opening. At age 31 they are too old for the competition, but the judges and audience cheered their slightly out of sync modern adaptation of "Man in the Mirror." Too bad, they (or one of them) would have been a hoot through Las Vegas.

Tapper Caley Carr with the handlebar moustache (and local boy who surfs and skates) promises a gnarly routine. Not gnarly enough for Vegas, but a yes to choreography, though a no to Vegas.

David Matz and the Cyr wheel made me dizzy. He mesmerized the judges enough to go through to choreography; couldn't dance choreo so left on his own.

Stephen Jacobson was so bad with his thrown together sort of ballet routine, I winced. After Nigel knocked him around, they cued up some "real" music and this dancer with the Cincinnati Ballet managed to blow everyone's socks off with a classical routine and get his ticket.
    inthegarden likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I just can't say enough how refreshing it is to have a GOOD dancing show to watch after all the singing shows.

SYTYCD also is doing a good job of adding entertainment that doesn't apply towards the end results. There have been such entertaining routines by people who don't even qualify to compete on the show, as well as those who end up not going to Vegas, but are still outstanding in their particular style of dance. With other competitions, it's either somebody good or somebody bad.

I don't know why David Matz didn't go on America's Got Talent instead. I think he would have excelled there. Same for the Ninja Twins!
    Florimel likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I just can't say enough how refreshing it is to have a GOOD dancing show to watch after all the singing shows.

SYTYCD also is doing a good job of adding entertainment that doesn't apply towards the end results. There have been such entertaining routines by people who don't even qualify to compete on the show, as well as those who end up not going to Vegas, but are still outstanding in their particular style of dance. With other competitions, it's either somebody good or somebody bad.

I don't know why David Matz didn't go on America's Got Talent instead. I think he would have excelled there. Same for the Ninja Twins!

I agree! David and his Cyr wheel was mesmerizing. The Ninja Twins were hysterical and I enjoyed watching them dance. I was so disappointed that neither made the cut.

Stephen Jacobson irritated the heck out of me. I don't know why he couldn't just do his ballet to begin with. I guess he got the attention he wanted, but his stunt almost cost him his ticket to Vegas.

Anyone else catch a very, VERY small glimpse of Arielle Coker in the end shot of people that made it through? She's right in the middle jumping around and screaming with all of the others with their ticket (I think she's wearing red). I've been wondering if we'd see her again this year after last season's cut.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Pleasantly surprised at the number of quality dancers they've shown us. Not very many who are a waste of space on stage.

I'm hoping the Ninja Twins will be invited back to entertain us sometime during the regular season. They were hilarious!

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Alexa. Beautiful Sam Lenarz and the brother and sister team of Jasmine and Marshea all had me reaching for the tissue box.

Ballet guy Steven was very good with his made-up-on-the-spot routine but I have to wonder if that wasn't 'staged' for our entertainment.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread