+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion Thread

Re: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion Thread

I second the thought about seeing something other than someone singing! SYTYD is off to a great start so far! I loved how Nigel treated the young man with Autism. So much respect, and I also was thrilled to see the audience cheering him on as well. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Of course then it was ruined by the Von guy. What a piece of work! Lots of really good dancers already though. If they all make it through the Vegas rounds, it's going to be a tough job picking the final 12. Any news on who the all stars are going to be this year?
    AZChristian and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I second the thought about seeing something other than someone singing! SYTYD is off to a great start so far! I loved how Nigel treated the young man with Autism. So much respect, and I also was thrilled to see the audience cheering him on as well. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Of course then it was ruined by the Von guy. What a piece of work! Lots of really good dancers already though. If they all make it through the Vegas rounds, it's going to be a tough job picking the final 12. Any news on who the all stars are going to be this year?
    '

I loved how they all did The Wave, which was uniquely his! and everyone gave him a standing O! As for fish guy(Kipper) , he stunk- literally!
    mesachick and sparklete like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Cat is going to be on the Choice? What is the Choice? Is that a dating game?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Wow, what a start. I wonder if the guy from Redding, Ca went through. I drooled over both ballet dancers and love how Swiss guy incorporated some street moves with the classical; Aussie not so much, but whew! The little girl who came in her pink tutu was absolutely adorable. There are three year olds who won't wear anything by dance wear - she even had a mini routine - I grinned from ear to ear.

You all have mentioned the other high lights and the one really low light; and I have to add that I'm so looking forward to my second season experience with this show.
    mesachick and AZChristian like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Loved Amelia (the very first girl) and Jarell (the very last guy). Loved the Mom (kids were adorable) and the Australian "belly" dancer (that's what I heard too!).

The Gerbil guy (or was it a hamster?) was a first class ass and he never should have made it to the stage. What a waste of time.

Tyce was not as annoying as he can be. Wondering if Lil C bought cheap eyeglasses and popped out the lenses (as I would do if I saw so inclined to look silly) or did he get talked into paying good money for the "designer" version?

Looking forward to Adam Shankman as a judge. I know not everyone likes him, but I enjoy him.

Nigel has definitely softened up a bit by allowing the kids and the Mom with eyesight problems to come to the table. Giving the son the ticket to take up to his mom was priceless. And the comment about the cup being full of vodka made me laugh out loud.
    ilja likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Cat is going to be on the Choice? What is the Choice? Is that a dating game?
    Its based on The Voice, but yes, it's a dating show.
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Tyce was not as annoying as he can be. Wondering if Lil C bought cheap eyeglasses and popped out the lenses (as I would do if I saw so inclined to look silly) or did he get talked into paying good money for the "designer" version?

Looking forward to Adam Shankman as a judge. I know not everyone likes him, but I enjoy him.
    Agree about Tyce.

I doubt Lil C buys the cheap version of anything. I just think he looks ridiculous with his no-lens glasses frames and his hat. At least last night he figured out which way the bill is supposed to face - FRONT. And the only thing worse than looking at him is listening to his pseudo-intellectual blather.

(I know, I need to learn to be more honest in expressing my feelings.)

I'm looking forward to Adam as well. Now THERE is a man who loves dancing, and seems to realize that the show is about the dancers, not about the judge.
    Little Sew&Sew and mindy384 like this.

I love Nigel and Adam and I really do like Mary, but I could easily do without Tyce, whose comments often don't make a whole lot of sense to me. Perhaps it's because I don't much like his Broadway choreography. I look forward to the small amount of Broadway dance they show, and his routines are not my cup of tea.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I used to like Tyce until I saw him in Every Little Step. That changed my mind. What an arrogant jerk. Maybe he's grown up since then, but that film left a permanent bad taste in my mouth where he's concerned. I like all the other judges just fine, although Adam and Debbie are probably my favorites, aside from Nigel.

I was switching back and forth between this and Duets, so I know I missed some good dancers. I'll have to catch it online or OnDemand.
    I now know that Duets repeats, so I can catch that another day (I was flipping back and forth at first) . I love Tyce, always have. always will Actually I like all them all.. I love Adam, some don't I dont even mind Mary- they each bring a different flavor to the show. Their styles are all so different. Thats why SYTCD is one of my favorite shows on TV.

I am so pleased JTF is a guest judge next week- he was great last season. Plus I just think he's so funny!
    sparklete likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I now know that Duets repeats, so I can catch that another day (I was flipping back and forth at first) . I love Tyce, always have. always will Actually I like all them all.. I love Adam, some don't I dont even mind Mary- they each bring a different flavor to the show. Their styles are all so different. Thats why SYTCD is one of my favorite shows on TV.

I am so pleased JTF is a guest judge next week- he was great last season. Plus I just think he's so funny!
    If you love Tyce, don't ever watch that movie. It may change your mind!

Can't wait to see Jesse next week. I think he's adorable and he gives good critiques as well.

I think they brought gerbil boy on the stage just to see Nigel shut him down. He needed someone to smack him down while he's still young. Thing is, he wasn't that great of a dancer either. He was just a pompous ass. Hopefully, he'll learn soon that people who go around proclaiming themselves too good for this thing or that thing, miss out on a lot in life.

Did anyone see some of the SYTYCD dancers on Ellen's show yesterday? I only caught a bit of it, but I did recognize Twitch and Melanie. Not sure, but Melanie looked quite a bit heavier to me. Maybe it was her outfit. She still danced really well and is still, of course, adorable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread