+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion Thread

Re: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion Thread

OMG, Bree's kids are killing me. Her son yelling that he loves her while she's dancing = She looks amazing too....both for being 29 and for having had 2 kids. Okay, and I mean that she looks amazing for a dancer. For a normal person, she looks spectacular. Her daughter is just about the cutest thing ever. Lil C "This is like the best show ever." Totally.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Regarding the arrogant guy toward the end - if you can make Cat Deeley angry, you're a real piece of work.

And Lil C . . . the show is called, "So You Think You Can Dance." It's not "Which Judge Can Make Himself Look the Most Stupid." Too many of his critiques were all about him. I haven't liked him in past seasons, so as soon as he continued all of the the things that have annoyed me in the past, I was remembering how much I wish he weren't there. I'll be watching FoRT before future episodes air here so I'll know whether to DVR them so I can FF through C.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Regarding the arrogant guy toward the end - if you can make Cat Deeley angry, you're a real piece of work.

And Lil C . . . the show is called, "So You Think You Can Dance." It's not "Which Judge Can Make Himself Look the Most Stupid." Too many of his critiques were all about him. I haven't liked him in past seasons, so as soon as he continued all of the the things that have annoyed me in the past, I was remembering how much I wish he weren't there. I'll be watching FoRT before future episodes air here so I'll know whether to DVR them so I can FF through C.
    I haven't gotten to that part of the show yet. One of my BIG pet peeves is arrogance, followed quickly by rudeness. I have a hard time even watching that behavior because it makes me so mad. Humility and kindness never go out of style.

Cat strikes me as pretty unflappable, so if he pissed her off, he's got to be a giant, well, yeah, I can't use that word here. In fact, I can't use ANY of the words I'm thinking about here. Jerk doesn't seem to cut it!

I have to say, Lil C has grown on me. At first I thought he was a just a big clown, but it's clear that he really does love dance. Like with Mary and the screaming, I just overlook his goofier qualities.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Not much to rave about! However, I loved the little girl in pink, and the exorcist truly moved me.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I thought there were some excellent dancers and I'm a pretty tough critic. The ballet dancer from Australia (Daniel?) was amazing. Beautiful technique. Several of the other guys on the show were VERY good as well.

I'm always looking for perfect technique and stage presence. The combination is rare. I think Alex Wong is the best dancer to ever be on this show. Still looking for someone to come close to him. Hasn't happened yet, although I'll admit that bar is set pretty high!

That one guy was more of just an arrogant little douchebag than actually mean. I'm glad Nigel smacked him down a bit and sent him on his way. Hopefully, and sooner rather than later, he'll grow up and realize what a jerk he is.

I love this show. I love ALL the judges.I am far far away from the likes of Carrie Anne and Bruno. I love Tyce, I adore Nigel all of them are wonderful.I cannot wait for Mia!!!!! Lil C , he knows what he is talking about

I thought the ballet dancer (originally from Switzerland I think ) was incredible. The other dancer Daniel, originally from Australia, another good dancer. Bree stole my heart, along with her little daughter who had been watching mum practice. And the last dancer of the night. Its incredible how music can change someone .Its always so unexpected when someone like The Exorcist comes along, and just moves. Pure and raw.And as Lil C said "talent meets skill! " . Oh I wish this show was on again tomorrow. ( sigh) it was a delight.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love this show. I love ALL the judges.I am far far away from the likes of Carrie Anne and Bruno. I love Tyce, I adore Nigel all of them are wonderful.I cannot wait for Mia!!!!! Lil C , he knows what he is talking about
    I used to like Tyce until I saw him in Every Little Step. That changed my mind. What an arrogant jerk. Maybe he's grown up since then, but that film left a permanent bad taste in my mouth where he's concerned. I like all the other judges just fine, although Adam and Debbie are probably my favorites, aside from Nigel.

I was switching back and forth between this and Duets, so I know I missed some good dancers. I'll have to catch it online or OnDemand.

I've already seen quite a bit of potentials in this first episode. I have a feeling this is going to be a great season.

Soooo excited that this show is back!
    sparklete likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

It's so nice to watch something other than another singing competition. I was recording SYTYCD while watching Duets. I could only take about 1/2 hour of Duets. It's just another show with well-known singers being polite to good, but not great, singers.

Great to see Cat again, too! Love her! Looking forward to seeing how she does on The Choice.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 05-25-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    It's so nice to watch something other than another singing competition. I was recording SYTYCD while watching Duets. I could only take about 1/2 hour of Duets. It's just another show with well-known singers being polite to good, but not great, singers.

Great to see Cat again, too! Love her! Looking forward to seeing how she does on The Choice.
    I think she's very good, so likable! I hope she does as well on The Choice as she does on this show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread