+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: SYTYCD Cancels Results Shows

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

SYTYCD Cancels Results Shows

According to a tweet Nigel made, there will be no results show for SYTYCD this season, which will pick up right after the AI finale, as usual. Instead, it sounds like they'll be giving the results at the beginning of the following weeks' show.

I don't know how that will work once they start switching partners. IMO, they should let everyone dance the routine they learned, then at the end, give the results from the previous week. The judges can base their decisions not only on the previous week's performances, but also the current week's performances. That way they aren't penalizing both people in a pair if only one messed up, or is just not very popular.

My other thought is, can't they just make it a 1/2 hour show on Thursdays? I agree, an hour is WAY too long. 1/2 hour is more time than is really needed too, but there can still be a big name or up and coming act and the results. It just wouldn't be as drawn out.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: SYTYCD Cancels Results Shows

I don't mind them cutting the results show. I always thought it was too long when it should only take 5 minutes each to let the bottom two perform, a few minutes to have the judges vote, and then announce who's leaving. The whole process could be whittled down to 15 minutes. They don't have to show anything while the judges are deliberating so they can take an hour if they need to come to a decision and just give us the results when they're ready.

I wonder if the show will become any longer to add the results at the end or if they'll just edit down some of the extraneous stuff? Personally, I could do with less guest singers and stupid questions for the contestants to answer so it wouldn't hurt me if they slimmed the show down.

In any case, I love the show and I'm looking forward to a new season of it. Can't wait for it to begin!!

I agree . I hate how they drag out result shows .This is my absolute favorite show on TV. So whatever they do please dont let them mess it up
    sparklete likes this.

The auditions for Season 9 just started in Los Angeles this past Friday! Here's to hoping for a great summer of dancing!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    The auditions for Season 9 just started in Los Angeles this past Friday! Here's to hoping for a great summer of dancing!
    Are they being televised?

TY
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Are they being televised?

TY
    They will be in the summer once the season starts.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    They will be in the summer once the season starts.
    Thank you!
    KAREN

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The next season starts May 24th. It can't come soon enough for me! I love this show!!
    momrek06 and sparklete like this.

May 24th. Its a wonderful show one of the best dance shows on TV! I will write the date down.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

This is a favorite of mine and it like the elimination of the result show. Other shows should follow their lead. Attention DWTS!! Clearly the results will be taped and we will see an edited version. Time can be trimmed from the judges comments to make room for this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast